Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 05:38 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,670 times

Advertisements

Last night i spent the night as the only visitor in a rustic lodge/cabin type setting. My room was in a small building with two main floor rooms, two second floor rooms, and one top floor unit. These rooms are the size of the average motel room. Before bed last night, between 9PM and midnight, periodically I would hear a steady knock-knock-knock-knock-knock...the same rhythm that would be used if someone was knocking at the door.

This was not the kind of knocking that is occasionally heard from the heating system, or for that matter from a romantic encounter in the next bedroom. As I said earlier in this post, it was a steady knock as if someone was using the knuckles of their hand to knock on the door to announce their arrival.

Before bed, the knocks seemed to come from the common wall in the bathroom. Overnight, I was awakened by the same knocks, they were loud enough to act as an alarm clock and woke me up. I froze when I heard the overnight knocks because the room was dark and it almost sounded as if the knocks were coming from my door, which was kitty cornered from my bed. I "talked myself down" ... LOL!! to stop feeling as if an unknown someone was knocking on my outside door in the middle of the night.

When I mentioned this to the owner today, she said I was the only person in the lodge last night.

While I was in my room last night, I used the lodge's WIFI with my laptop. I did the usual news reading and read the reviews for some books on Amazon.com.

In reviewing this mystery from last night, I am wondering if someone could have been able to use the WIFI to view what I was looking at on my laptop. If they didn't have the same political views as I do, they may have knocked as a way to call attention to what I was looking at on the news, etc...and it may have been opposed to what their own views are. This is a conservative town and I am a liberal Democrat...so my views are often different from the people living in this town (I lived here for 9 years a few years ago).

As far-fetched as this may seem, I'm trying to get at the source of those knocks. This is a very nice lodge and I would like to stay there again. I could live with the knocks before bed, but the middle-of-the-night knocks woke me up several times, and were very frightening because they sounded like knocks made with the human hand, on the outside door into my room.

Also last night...I was looking at a book review for a book titled Magickal Attack: Silence, Bind and Crush Your Enemies With The Art of Occult Warfare. I've had some horrific narcissistic and sociopathic abuse in the past several years and was very curious about this "magickal warfare" the book discusses. Now I wonder if the knocks were from spirits, using them as my wake up call, to signal to me not to use these tactics. Could it be possible that even those middle-of-the-night knocks were spirits who wanted me to have a "wake-up call" about not using magick that could harm someone. The truth for me is

I would only use spells for a person's highest good, but needed to sort through what was there. I would not do that, but I did want to read the review of this book to see the comments from the people who use them.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 04:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
1. I highly doubt someone is checking out your internet traffic and knocking on your room because they disagree with your views. Honestly your views are not that important for other people to go through this trouble.

2. Why did you not open the door to your room when you heard the knocking?

3. Using HTTPS would diminish the chances of someone looking at your session. It does not make it impossible but it would make it at least a little harder.

4. What if they were intercepting your Internet traffic and got your CityData account information and you are now dead and they are posting as you? How can we know?

Old 04-28-2018, 08:07 AM
'M'

Old Guard - thank you for taking the time to answer my thread. Although our views are somewhat different, it has made me think about some things. We all have blind spots that need to be brought into the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
1. I highly doubt someone is checking out your internet traffic and knocking on your room because they disagree with your views. Honestly your views are not that important for other people to go through this trouble.

My suspicion is that you never really know about people and who they really are....the way they present themselves can be drastically different than how they are when no one is around. I wouldn't put it past people who have access to public WIFI to snoop into other people's internet usage. I've read that it happens. Also, think about hackers...hackers would be snooping to steal any beneficial personal information in order to do what they do best: hack for the purpose of fraud and theft. Happens all the time. The hacker could also be someone who thinks very differently than me, politically, religiously, you name it. It wouldn't be all that unusual for a hacker to be someone with other unrelated qualities you wouldn't suspect of a hacker.

From my experience with people whose political views differ from my own, I am hesitant to even discuss my views with these types of hard-nosed, judgmental conservative and/or evangelical people. HERE IS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE: My ex and his son - both sociopaths - fall into this category...they become pathologically enraged when talking about gun rights, for example. They savor their rage. They make this issue into something it is not. Also, they never consider the fact that it is our children who are being killed. People do not matter to either of them. I am not comfortable around that type of energy. It's toxic and irrational, especially if you know what the 2nd amendment really says....which isn't what these gun rights people have been brainwashed into thinking. I'm sorry...this is probably going to open up a can of worms. I am not against guns and don't want to see guns abolished, but I do expect our country to care enough to prevent mentally ill people from having access to guns along with guns that were only meant to be used for war. I grew up in a rural setting where everyone had guns, but back then people didn't carry out mass shootings. IMO, our country is in serious trouble. Lately, I wonder when the current administration is going to start killing off people who don't agree with their views. I am glad I'm older and won't be around much longer to see how this plays out for the long run. The thing is, I worry about how this will affect our children's future. And, my blood runs cold when I think about how history always repeats itself. It is highly likely that we are in the beginning stages of history repeating itself. We don't want to find out where this is leading us and I hope we can stop it before it plays out.

Old Guard - you are so right. [u]My views are not that important[/U]. However, there is a slight chance that something or someone felt they needed to make a point and that was the source of the knocking...the knocking could have been physically from this plane or it could have been from the supernatural. In my ideal situation, I just want to be left alone and to have the freedom to have the views I have. Nor do I want to be harassed for having the views I have. We used to live in a free country, but that is becoming debatable. I am an empath and am peaceful. I believe in humanity. The people who believe the opposite of me are, to me, very frightening. Just like my ex and his son. They don't think in terms of how our actions can harm other people. Like my ex, they don't even CARE how their actions can harm other people. As my ex once told me: "I'm not like you. This is where we are different: I don't care about other people." He would often do this...he'd stop in the middle of a discussion, and remind me that he was not like me and couldn't really "care" about the things I care about. And he didn't. This is why I left him quite a few years ago. And to me that says they have no heart, which is pathological.

2. Why did you not open the door to your room when you heard the knocking?

The time of day was 2:00 - 3:00AM when the knocking woke me up during the dead of night. This was an outside door that opened to the outdoors. I was all by myself!!! The knocking woke me up from a sound sleep. I wasn't thinking very clearly at first. I've always been a bit skittish with these kinds of things. Earlier in the evening, I would not have opened the door, either!! However, earlier in the evening, the knocking sounded more like it was coming from the common wall between, or above my unit, from the bathroom. Guess I could have called the office, but even the earlier time was at least 9PM. If I decide to stay there again, I could ask the two owners - husband and wife - if it would be alright if I call them if the knocking starts again. The longer I think about this, I don't know that I will stay there again...which is really too bad because it's a beautiful place with a nice river down below.

Here is an interesting suggestion: I met with some very good friends the morning after the "knocking". One friend made this suggestion: "Go over here to True Value at the end of the shopping center. Buy a whistle. The next time this happens, blow the whistle when you hear the knocking." The cool thing is: the senior complex where I live is very noisy in the dead of night, believe it or not. I often have a difficult time being able to sleep through the night, due to the outrageous noise problem in our complex. I will use a whistle for that, too.

3. Using HTTPS would diminish the chances of someone looking at your session. It does not make it impossible but it would make it at least a little harder.

I will check on the HTTPS, which I should have done a long time ago...public WIF is not secure....I remember reading about it, but have never used it. Often I use my iPhone hotspot instead of using unsecured WIFI, but I was about a mile away from a signal so couldn't use my hotspot at the lodge.

4. What if they were intercepting your Internet traffic and got your CityData account information and you are now dead and they are posting as you? How can we know?

Well, you've made a good point. I don't know what to say about that one. Although in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.
I was hoping to hear from someone with experience with spirits, magick, metaphysics, etc. My gut tells me that the knocking is connected to the supernatural. That is all I know and not sure how to interpret that. I'm hoping someone with quite a bit of experience with the supernatural will advise me. In fact, I may seek out someone like this in the area where I live to so they can counsel me.

Today, bottomline, the middle-of-the-night knocking was symbolically waking me up to think about how appropriate it would be to use the techniques in the book I was researching. I am experienced with benevolent spiritual techniques, but no experience with what's in this book. It may have been kindly wake up call - from some kindly spirits - to stop and think about what I was contemplating. And I don't think I can go back to that motel because I'm not sure about the two owners and what they are up to. I felt that when I first met the wife in the lodge office - before the knocking started - without knowing what it could mean.

Our intuition never lies except we do need to be able to interpret it.

Last edited by 'M'; 04-28-2018 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-28-2018, 08:43 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Did you knock the door when you first arrived to the room?

One of the "rules" when you stay in hotel is to knock the door before you enter. I always do this when staying in hotels unless I forget, guess it applies to motel all the same.

If you didn't which I bet is, 'something' was probably trying to teach you good manners..

Old 04-28-2018, 10:30 AM
'M'

Thanks, softcrunch, yes, the door was locked! You've made a good point, and I won't forget it!!

Old 04-28-2018, 11:03 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Could it have been maids checking the rooms?

Or maybe someone was gaslighting you...

Old 04-28-2018, 11:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
You're welcome . Another rule is don't block the doorway. When you enter hotel rooms always allow some space for 'exit.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:05 PM
'M'

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Could it have been maids checking the rooms?

Or maybe someone was gaslighting you...
greatblueheron - gaslighting is good idea, but this last time was at 2-3AM in the wee hours of the morning....there were no other guests at the motel....I was staying alone, I didn't have anyone sharing my room. My friends are all older, at least 60 years old...and they wouldn't get up at that time of night, come all the way out to where i was staying, just to knock on my door. I know these people...they would not be up for playing an early morning trick on anyone. If one of my friends did do that, they would have been talking to me through the door. No one was talking, just knocking 5 times. I did not hear any footsteps outside on the wood plank flooring, either. It would have been very noticeable.

Maids wouldn't be checking the rooms at 2-3 AM in the morning. When I spoke with the owner, she didn't bring that up, either.

What's strange is...the knocks were all the same number of knocks....just as if someone was making very measured knocks on the door with their knuckle....knock-knock-knock-knock-knock. Pretty sure it was 5 knocks all at once. Very measured knocks.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:13 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Our intuition never lies except we do need to be able to interpret it.
Really, nobody cares enough about your political views to be up at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning to knock on your door in protest.

Here is a map of what would have happened if “Did Not Vote” Had Been A Candidate In The 2016 US Presidential Election, It Would Have Won By a Landslide.

You blame others for things and use their political views as a reason/excuse but YOU may be the issue. This is not the politics forum and you even brought your politics into here. I literally could care less who you voted for or your views on gun control...yet here we are.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:04 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
greatblueheron - gaslighting is good idea, but this last time was at 2-3AM in the wee hours of the morning....there were no other guests at the motel....I was staying alone, I didn't have anyone sharing my room. My friends are all older, at least 60 years old...and they wouldn't get up at that time of night, come all the way out to where i was staying, just to knock on my door. I know these people...they would not be up for playing an early morning trick on anyone. If one of my friends did do that, they would have been talking to me through the door. No one was talking, just knocking 5 times. I did not hear any footsteps outside on the wood plank flooring, either. It would have been very noticeable.

Maids wouldn't be checking the rooms at 2-3 AM in the morning. When I spoke with the owner, she didn't bring that up, either.

What's strange is...the knocks were all the same number of knocks....just as if someone was making very measured knocks on the door with their knuckle....knock-knock-knock-knock-knock. Pretty sure it was 5 knocks all at once. Very measured knocks.

Fascinating...odd...you just want to KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, I'm sure.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal