Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:06 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,329 times

Advertisements

A little background first. I bought a keyboard and mouse a few weeks ago. After I set them up I put the empty boxes back in the bag and hung the bag on the door thinking I would fill it up with trash before tossing it. What has happened though is that I forget about the bag hanging on the back of the door so I don't put anything in it.

Ok, so this morning I get up, go into the office and the carpet is soaking wet. It's raining outside so I'm thinking that there is a leak. I look all over and nope, the ceiling and walls are bone dry. Then I thought flooding but that doesn't make sense because A) there would be water everywhere B) we're over 2 feet above the ground at this spot and C) this is the middle of the house and you'd expect the water to be seen toward the periphery first. Well, maybe it's a broken pipe. I'll clean up the water and if it comes back I'll call to have someone check it out.

So I'm cleaning up the water with paper towels and I go to toss them in the bag on the back of the door but as I look at the bag I see that it has water in it. At least 2 cups of water pooled at the bottom of the bag. There's nothing in the bag that could hold water, just the boxes and wrapping from the keyboard and mouse. The water is clear and odorless and neither of us drink plain water. It wasn't there when we went to sleep last night and I was the first in there this morning.

So... The only thing I can come up with at this point is that with last night being Halloween a ghost must have come in while we slept and peed in the bag.

Got a better theory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 11:00 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
A little background first. I bought a keyboard and mouse a few weeks ago. After I set them up I put the empty boxes back in the bag and hung the bag on the door thinking I would fill it up with trash before tossing it. What has happened though is that I forget about the bag hanging on the back of the door so I don't put anything in it.

Ok, so this morning I get up, go into the office and the carpet is soaking wet. It's raining outside so I'm thinking that there is a leak. I look all over and nope, the ceiling and walls are bone dry. Then I thought flooding but that doesn't make sense because A) there would be water everywhere B) we're over 2 feet above the ground at this spot and C) this is the middle of the house and you'd expect the water to be seen toward the periphery first. Well, maybe it's a broken pipe. I'll clean up the water and if it comes back I'll call to have someone check it out.

So I'm cleaning up the water with paper towels and I go to toss them in the bag on the back of the door but as I look at the bag I see that it has water in it. At least 2 cups of water pooled at the bottom of the bag. There's nothing in the bag that could hold water, just the boxes and wrapping from the keyboard and mouse. The water is clear and odorless and neither of us drink plain water. It wasn't there when we went to sleep last night and I was the first in there this morning.

So... The only thing I can come up with at this point is that with last night being Halloween a ghost must have come in while we slept and peed in the bag.

Got a better theory?
I like yours -- but here goes... does the door have a window? Maybe the door window is leaking and the bag caught it and dripped out of hte bag onto the floor.

I've seen relatively weather tight areas leak like a sieve if the rain is driving, and I didn't pay attention to see if it was windy as all get out...

But in any case, James Van Praagh ( creator and producer of CBS's Ghost Whisperer) says ghosts don't pee.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:50 PM

305 posts, read 1,729,243 times
maybe someone was playing a prank on you?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:57 AM

No, the door doesn't have a window and it opens to the middle of the house (the hallway with the other bedroom and closets), not to the outside. I would have thought the same thing if there was a window or it opened to the outside.

My wife jokingly came up with a theory that I must have gotten up in the middle of the night and opened that door thinking it was the bathroom and peed on the floor but the bag with the water rules that out. It would be unlikely I would open the door, go in, close it, then open the bag, pee in it, then close it, open the door, walk through, close the door, and go back to sleep all while on auto pilot. I know some people have done some pretty amazing things while sleepwalking but I have no history of it and this seems too truly bizarre to do.

It's good to know ghosts can't pee, that rules one thing out. Someone could be playing a joke on me but who and why? There are only two of us here. It would be really strange to break in and pour water in a bag and on the floor as a prank. Break in to steal the computers, cameras, and TV's sure, pour water around, no.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM

486 posts, read 982,124 times
My ceiling has leaked in the past. Do you live in a bungalow style house??? I came home one day and my living room floor was wet. I could not figure out what happened. I went upstairs and nothing was wet. I just assumed that there was some type of leak but I couldn't prove it because there was no damage to my ceiling. The next time it did it. I was at home and the water was pouring out of the ceiling and again nothing was wet upstairs. Come to find out, my roof needed to be re-tarred (is that a word???), where my windows kind of raise out of the roof. Once that was done, I haven't had any problems since.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,335 times
Do you have the heater on? It's a shot in the dark but it sounds a little like the action of a solar still. When it's very humid and the temperature raises, the water will condense. Plastic bags make great vapor collectors. This is very unlikely but under the right conditions, it could happen.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:39 AM

No, the heater usually doesn't get turned on until late November or early December when it starts to get cold. I could see condensation being responsible for a little water. We often see condensation on the bedroom window in the morning but this was a lot of water.

The roof leaking would seem like a logical choice but we're on the bottom of a two story building. The people above had no water. It could have come down through a wall but then there would be some indication either in our ceiling, wall, the vent, or something and there isn't. If it was a roof leak you'd also think the water would keep showing up as long as it was raining but it didn't.

It's a real mystery.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,008,826 times
hmmm. I'm still trying to figure out how it is that two people don't drink plain water!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:50 PM

I never really liked drinking plain water. When I first moved up here the water was so heavily chlorinated that it made my throat dry and scratchy. Since I preferred soft drinks and juices anyway I just didn't drink it. When we were married she used to drink bottled water but switched to flavored water and soft drinks. I never asked what her reasons were. I imagine it's probably because I always made sure to have soft drinks in the fridge. Probably just easier to grab what's there.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,148,496 times
It was me. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal