Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I lost a boyfriend to suicide back in year 2009. I talked to a past life regression therapist and found out that we shared many life times together. I have to say that this is the single most healing experience of my entire lonely grief journey.

"Past life regression is a technique which uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations, though others regard these memories as fantasies or delusions. Past life regression is typically undertaken in pursuit of a spiritual experience, or in a psychotherapeutic setting.
The technique used during past life regression involves the subject answering a series of questions while hypnotized, to reveal the identity and events of past lives, a method similar to that used in recovered memory therapy. According to sceptics, the above methods misrepresent memory as a recording of previous events, rather than a constructed set of recollections. The use of hypnosis and suggestive questions makes the subject likely to hold distorted or false memories.[1] The source of the memories could be a product of cryptomnesia and confabulations, which combine experiences, knowledge, imagination and suggestion from the hypnotist. Once created, the memories may be indistinguishable from memories based on events that occurred during the subject's life."

Past life regression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some very powerful youtube videos about past life regression therapy

Brian Weiss: Past-Life Regression Session - YouTube

Any of you believe in the concept of reincarnation and past life experiences?

Share your thoughts and stories please. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I suppose this is all new to some here.
It is old hat to me.
To those new, I would love to suggest , "Many Lives, Many Masters' ,
by Brian Weiss, MD.

To those not open or skeptical?....a big yawn.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
I was fortunate enough to be regressed in an Intensive taught by Dr. Weiss.

I am glad you found solace in your discovery of your past lives with your boyfriend.

P.S. Most of the world's religions include doctrine on reincarnation (Buddhism, Hinduism) . . . it is said the Judeo-Christian faiths at one time included teachings on reincarnation, but that these were "revised" as controlling methods. The Bible verse ". . . my father's house has many mansions" is said to reference original teachings on reincarnation.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
I am indeed a believer for what ever a past life or reincarnation may or may not be. What I mean by this is that we are not 100% certain what 'force' is behind these experiences. But the fact that I have had enough of my own and know others in the same place, I believe that it is indeed something real. It may be that we have not physically lived a past life, but are connected to the pool of consciousness that holds every experience that every person has ever had. It could be just a matter of genetic memories of our ancestors. Perhaps it is the spirit/energy of the one who had lived before that lived an experience that mirrors our own and that experience energy is being imprinted upon us to help us.
What ever it is, my encounters with it and connecting to my own past lives has been helpful and enlightening.
In the end the concept helps more than it hinders and isn't that all that really matters?

One of my favorite books on the subject is, Living Your Past Lives: The Psychology of Past Life Regression Karl Schlotterbeck (Author of Living Your Past Lives)

Some parts in the book gave me chills, in a good way. In a part about 'life' before 'life', it was validation for what I already believed instinctively.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
There are numerous references to reincarnation in the Bible.
Many are found online....blatant.....that were not removed.

I mean gee, Who do they say that I am....some say you are Elijah...not
too straight forward!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:24 AM

558 posts, read 1,120,139 times
Im lazy and don't want to re-type it so here's my experienced copy and pasted from another similar thread.

Yes I have. As I said in the reincarnation thread I have been pulled to Los Angeles and not the whole Hollywood stars and fame thing, I could care less about that stuff. I feel I was in some type of law enforcement in the 50s-70s era. So in 2005 I went out there from Indiana and all my anxiety went away (I have sever anxiety and panic depression etc) when I got to LA it all went away. I felt "at home" and actually had a natural instinct inside me on how to navigate and where NOT to go etc etc.
Made several attempts to move there always end up back in the Midwest. Guess it was only meant to be "in another life". I do think about it every single day and miss it. Never been at home here.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
I have always felt, since about age 10, that I lived in England in the early 1800s or earlier. The home was a small thatched roof cottage with a big flower garden and a rock path. I have no idea where this came from except my great great grandfather was from Liverpool. Its such a peaceful and lovely environment and I hope when I die, I can go back.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
According to sceptics, the above methods misrepresent memory as a recording of previous events, rather than a constructed set of recollections. The use of hypnosis and suggestive questions makes the subject likely to hold distorted or false memories.[1] The source of the memories could be a product of cryptomnesia and confabulations, which combine experiences, knowledge, imagination and suggestion from the hypnotist. Once created, the memories may be indistinguishable from memories based on events that occurred during the subject's life."
Yes, that's right. There's plenty of research evidence that memories can be rewritten, revised, or even created out of nothing. That's why there was a lot of hysteria over abuse of children in satanic cults some years ago ... abuse which never happened. Today, any well-educated mental health professional will tell you that supposedly recovered memories, whether of abuse, past lives, alien abduction, etc. are highly suspect. Ditto with hypnotherapists who claim to help you recover lost memories. Hypnosis to recover "lost" memories is a scam.

And here comes the anti-science brigade ...

Old 01-15-2014, 12:35 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I think it's interesting and have read information about it. So far as being somewhere I'd never been, I felt very much at home in Scotland. I'd been in many foreign countries that year and it's the only place this feeling of being at home occurred. Whether or not it meant something, I'll probably never know.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:34 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think it's interesting and have read information about it. So far as being somewhere I'd never been, I felt very much at home in Scotland. I'd been in many foreign countries that year and it's the only place this feeling of being at home occurred. Whether or not it meant something, I'll probably never know.
Same experience with Ireland. I went there for 2 wks and had a lovely time, though there wasn't any one place that I recognized. One experience I had though is I got Irish stew at a pub--the really old fashioned kind with parsnips instead of potatoes, and as I bit into it, it was like coming home. Sounds funny but it was almost overwhelming at the time. Tasted jist like me ole ma used to make--except me ma in this life couldn't cook worth a dern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal