Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 08:05 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah but why have a conspiracy theory at all? I mean we know what happened to MH370. I will say it again - WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FLIGHT MH370. There is no mystery at all and various independent investigations have concluded this based on complex data sets: Someone in the cockpit purposely turned off the electronics, diverted the flight to the Indian ocean, set the autopilot to fly south until it finally crashed into the south indian ocean with the loss of all on board. Period!
I agree, I think the only mystery or unknown is where exactly the plane crashed into the southern Indian Ocean.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:17 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I agree, I think the only mystery or unknown is where exactly the plane crashed into the southern Indian Ocean.
Yes true, and besides a rough idea that will never be exactly solved due to the limitations of our technology, nor is there is likely any remains of the aircraft as it essentially turned into confetti due to the impact of the crash, with some pieces carried on the ocean currents and washed up on the eastern African coast or otherwise decayed by the ravages of salt water (By the way I can't believe someone asked about the bodies, why none washed on shore after months. I mean do we seriously have to explain the basic of the decomposition process and the effect of saltwater on a corpse? That's the level of conspiracy theory logic that we are dealing with).

And, if they do find the site, maybe the black box or something (extremely unlikely), it will likely tell us nothing that we don't already know.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:38 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
(By the way I can't believe someone asked about the bodies, why none washed on shore after months. I mean do we seriously have to explain the basic of the decomposition process and the effect of saltwater on a corpse? That's the level of conspiracy theory logic that we are dealing with).
If only the human body was made out of metal and plastic and not carbon based!

Old 06-29-2019, 09:03 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,962,618 times
Quote:
Yes true, and besides a rough idea that will never be exactly solved due to the limitations of our technology, nor is there is likely any remains of the aircraft as it essentially turned into confetti due to the impact of the crash, with some pieces carried on the ocean currents and washed up on the eastern African coast or otherwise decayed by the ravages of salt water (By the way I can't believe someone asked about the bodies, why none washed on shore after months. I mean do we seriously have to explain the basic of the decomposition process and the effect of saltwater on a corpse? That's the level of conspiracy theory logic that we are dealing with).

And, if they do find the site, maybe the black box or something (extremely unlikely), it will likely tell us nothing that we don't already know.
Odd that not one body surfaced right after the crash, long before there would have been any decomposition.
Reason for that was, there were no bodies on board when the plane fell into the ocean.

Bob.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:29 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
I think we have no idea just how far it is to the search area in the Indian Ocean. It is not just a small trip out to an island off shore, it is many hundreds of miles and days of travel for a ship merely to get there.

Many people have their own pet theory as to what happened. However, we just have to wait until someone comes forward who knows about an area of the investigation which can shed light on it once again.

Meanwhile the relatives do not have bodies to bring closure which is sad.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:25 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Odd that not one body surfaced right after the crash, long before there would have been any decomposition.
Reason for that was, there were no bodies on board when the plane fell into the ocean.

Bob.
Bob,

You have no proof to back up your 'vision'. It has been explained over and over again why we would find no bodies. Even when the searches know the location of the crash they can still have problems recovering body pieces like this one: https://www.apnews.com/c2bf9c56431a4e3cad2c888fd1a2c1f0.

Finding no bodies proves nothing.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
And this is a perfect example of the logic we are dealing with in regards to conspiracy theorists. I would thank you for your misdirected conclusion and the lack of basic understanding of the timeline and aftermath of the event as it perfectly proved my point.

The first search was done in the south china sea, basically where they had last contact with the aircraft. Obviously this was not even close, not even the same ocean, not even the same hemisphere, to where the aircraft finally met its fate. A week was wasted here. Reason being? All these SEA countries where reluctant to give out all there military radar data. Only after a week did they start looking at the South Indian Ocean as bits and pieces of the radar and satellite data revealed the final course. After that time, the debris field, which even at the time of the crash would have been only bits and pieces due to the impact of hitting water at 600 feet per second, would have dissipated - sunk, dissolved, consumed, or on it's way to africa with the tides. But even then we have another problem - look at a map of the South Indian Ocean, overlay it with a map of the US, or several maps of the US. Basically it's like finding a contact lens on a football field.

And the point here - All the above is very clear by even a basic 10 minute reading in wiki if you google MH370.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:49 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,875,465 times
I wouldn’t rule out the pilot suicide theory. But I wonder why the pilot would construct such an elaborate and extended plan to end it all. There was an Egyptian Air crash some years ago with speculation of pilot suicide. The pilot had been outed for sexual misconduct by his boss and was to be terminated after his last flight.

It so happened that the boss was a passenger on the flight. Out over the Atlantic the pilot simply nosed dived the aircraft straight down before anyone could take action to over power him and recover the aircraft from the descent. But who knows. One of the enduring mysteries of our time probably never resolved.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I wouldn’t rule out the pilot suicide theory. But I wonder why the pilot would construct such an elaborate and extended plan to end it all. There was an Egyptian Air crash some years ago with speculation of pilot suicide. The pilot had been outed for sexual misconduct by his boss and was to be terminated after his last flight.

It so happened that the boss was a passenger on the flight. Out over the Atlantic the pilot simply nosed dived the aircraft straight down before anyone could take action to over power him and recover the aircraft from the descent. But who knows. One of the enduring mysteries of our time probably never resolved.
Really - pilot suicide is the only answer here. And it occurs much more frequently then people realize.

There have been some 6 or 7 suspected or confirmed pilot suicides in commerical aviation history. One actually happened about a year after MH370 - Germanwings Flight 9525 - in this event the copilot locked the cabin door and plowed into the ground killing all 150 on board.

The Atlantic article I linked to previously touched on it:
"(the pilot) Zaharie was often lonely and sad. His wife had moved out, and was living in the family’s second house. By his own admission to friends, he spent a lot of time pacing empty rooms waiting for the days between flights to go by. He was also a romantic. He is known to have established a wistful relationship with a married woman and her three children, one of whom was disabled, and to have obsessed over two young internet models, whom he encountered on social media, and for whom he left Facebook comments that apparently did not elicit responses. Some were shyly sexual. He mentioned in one comment, for example, that one of the girls, who was wearing a robe in a posted photo, looked like she had just emerged from a shower. Zaharie seems to have become somewhat disconnected from his earlier, well-established life. He was in touch with his children, but they were grown and gone. The detachment and solitude that can accompany the use of social media—and Zaharie used social media a lot—probably did not help. There is a strong suspicion among investigators in the aviation and intelligence communities that he was clinically depressed."

I suspect that the only thing he had left in life is his craft - aviation, his life in that little cocoon of safety called a cockpit, and it was fitting that he should die there. He wanted to contemplate his life and death alone, over a span of hours, in the most peaceful environment he could imagine, to him it was a comfortable and peaceful death, like dying in your sleep. Hence the elaborate course changes to one of the most remote spots on earth.
But really, we will never truly know why - as I said earlier why one man wishes to kill himself and take hundreds of innocent people with him is a question for the ages. We only know it happens more frequently than is comfortable.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:08 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Y
It could tell us if there was a fire or not. We'd find out if the disaster were due to fire. If nothing was mentioned about a fire, then we'd be back to the suicidal pilot theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal