U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM

4,847 posts, read 3,374,646 times

Advertisements

My feeling at this time with limited fact patterns has evolved to the suicide theory. If other credible information surfaces things might change. All along there was speculation of a Malaysian government cover up. Perhaps they have undisclosed information on the pilots mental history.

One of the most disturbing aspects of what amounts to a possible murder suicide is the sheer inhumanity of an alleged perpetrator. What kind of mental state and depravity leads one to destroy so many innocent lives. And those relatives seemingly never knowing the true story of their loved ones final moments.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 11,700,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It could tell us if there was a fire or not. We'd find out if the disaster were due to fire. If nothing was mentioned about a fire, then we'd be back to the suicidal pilot theory.
Even without the black boxes, if large pieces of the plane were found, possible melting or charring of the internal structure would show us signs of a fire. I would presume that would happen before the final impact with the ocean. Especially if the eye witness description of a 'glowing plane' was correct.

Do you or anybody remember what time of day the eye witness thought they saw the plane on fire? I am just wondering if it could possibly be reflected sunlight when the sun was low in the sky?

Old 06-30-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
My feeling at this time with limited fact patterns has evolved to the suicide theory. If other credible information surfaces things might change. All along there was speculation of a Malaysian government cover up. Perhaps they have undisclosed information on the pilots mental history.

One of the most disturbing aspects of what amounts to a possible murder suicide is the sheer inhumanity of an alleged perpetrator. What kind of mental state and depravity leads one to destroy so many innocent lives. And those relatives seemingly never knowing the true story of their loved ones final moments.
Like you pointed out before: why fly so far to end your own life? The pilot could have crashed the aircraft anyplace shortly after takeoff. Is there a chance that his family would get some kind of settlement if suicide was not suspected or if it could not be proven?

Old 06-30-2019, 04:16 PM

4,847 posts, read 3,374,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like you pointed out before: why fly so far to end your own life? The pilot could have crashed the aircraft anyplace shortly after takeoff. Is there a chance that his family would get some kind of settlement if suicide was not suspected or if it could not be proven?

That's a good point on a possible settlement. I recall that was an issue with the Egypt Air crash. Despite all the evidence including cockpit audio the government steadfastly refused to accept an intentional act by the pilot perhaps because the pilot's family wouldn't get insurance money. And then if the pilot was found negligent there would have been a big drop in airline bookings.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
That's a good point on a possible settlement. I recall that was an issue with the Egypt Air crash. Despite all the evidence including cockpit audio the government steadfastly refused to accept an intentional act by the pilot perhaps because the pilot's family wouldn't get insurance money. And then if the pilot was found negligent there would have been a big drop in airline bookings.
I still don't get why so many people, that commit suicide, have to take out so many innocent lives. Heck they could jump off a bridge or simply shoot themselves. We have all bumped into people that simply hate other people - but most people are social creatures and like other people. I can picture that airplane pilots get pretty annoyed at some passengers. But I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they would want to intentionally take out so many innocent men, women and children.

And, yes, I can picture where airlines do not want to let out the whole 'truth' for fear of liability or lost sales. I grew up in a vacation area and the big hotels did everything they could to keep crime, at their facilities, out of the news.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:22 AM

12,257 posts, read 18,390,529 times
I think they discounted the fire theory (plausable at first because it appeared the course change was to bring it back to the nearest airport) because the final course changes indicates someone in the cockpit deliberatly placed the course for the south atlantic. It also doesn't explain why the cockpit turned off the transponders.

In terms of Malaysia conspiracy - it's clear that Malaysia was trying to cover up some information in order to protect the integrity of it's state-owned flagship airlines. It's a developing country with a certain level of corruptness and inefficiency. I believe some facts about the pilot are being withheld.

In terms of suicide and mass murder - as I said, nevertheless, it happens. There are many man-made atrocities and disasters that I likewise have trouble wrapping my head around. But it happens.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:00 AM

78,520 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Even without the black boxes, if large pieces of the plane were found, possible melting or charring of the internal structure would show us signs of a fire. I would presume that would happen before the final impact with the ocean. Especially if the eye witness description of a 'glowing plane' was correct.

Do you or anybody remember what time of day the eye witness thought they saw the plane on fire? I am just wondering if it could possibly be reflected sunlight when the sun was low in the sky?
I don't recall. There were several sightings of a flaming plane: in the South China Sea, by someone on a freighter; on the NW Indonesia coast, by a fisherman; and (I think?) by people who saw it fly over that island off the west Malaysian coast.

IIRC, the Malay airforce sighting of the plane flying westward (near the Thai border) didn't mention any flames. Neither did the Vietnamese pilot sent to check on the plane as it entered their airspace, so that contradicts the other sighting in the S. China Sea, unless the cargo suddenly burst into flames after the flight turned around and left Viet air space.

Interesting theory you've got there. You might have a point.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:04 AM

78,520 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
In terms of suicide and mass murder - as I said, nevertheless, it happens. There are many man-made atrocities and disasters that I likewise have trouble wrapping my head around. But it happens.
The new info posted here recently on the pilot's personal profile does make it sound more plausible. He was isolated, adrift after a separation with his family, and so on. Still, you'd have to be desperately depressed to choose to commit suicide by killing a planeload of people. But yes, it does happen. The incident in Switzerland sent that message loud and clear.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:02 PM

5,645 posts, read 7,521,434 times
To date, and especially the last two or three pages of this thread is all conjecture.
No proof of any of what is being said.
On the other hand, My original description of what happened seems to offer more proof than any of the other theories

First, no bodies have ever been found of the 259 people aboard.
Second, no luggage that was on board has ever been found, and third, no freight that was on board has ever been found, all leading to what I have stated all along, those people, luggage, and freight that were aboard the ill fated flight, were removed from the airliner, before it was jettisoned into the sea.

Obviously, over a period of time, bodies would be eaten , but that would leave bones, and none have washed up on any shore in the world.
We have no idea what was on board as freight, so it is not out of the question to think some of the freight was lighter, and could float to the surface, still, that doesn't seem to be the case.
To date, there is no plausible result as to what happened to this airliner, other than what I have always stated.
Whether you care to believe it, that is your choice, but I tend to stick to the evidence when making a decision.

Some on this forum have stated I added facts to "enhance my theory", which is absolutely not the case.
I know what I originally "saw", and nothing will ever change that.
My original contention was the plane was perhaps kept on board the space craft.
That was not a part of the vision I had.
I only saw it being sucked into the space craft.

When a few small parts of the airliner were supposedly found in different parts of the globe, I thought perhaps the plane was dumped into the ocean, once it's valuable cargo was removed by who ever abducted it.
That was not a part of the original vision.
That could very well be why no bodies, luggage, or freight has ever been found.

Bob.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:21 PM

Bob,

What 'proof' are you offering other than a vision? Let's go with hard facts until we hear otherwise. If proof emerges that an alien vessel took away the passengers I will eat my hat! Until that time your vision is way down on my list of possible explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal