Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 01:02 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Technology has allowed us to see distant planets up close, far beyond the stars,
Say what? The only planets we can see up close are in the solar system -- and the "far beyond the stars" part makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by Vasily; 05-30-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 10:13 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Ltdumbear, I believe that we are on a 'timeline' which represents any one of an infinite number of possibilities for the future or past. I guess jumping in time would be like moving between timelines or moving up or down those timelines.

The logic you write is too 'normal' and 3D physical world. It does not account for the strange effects which have been observed by - for example - people who have lost time in their lives. If any of them are to be believed, then it is likely that we are in a multi-dimensional universe which has multiple possibilities. The people who experience time loss have been moved out of this reality and placed in another for a while perhaps.

There are plenty of people who claim they can shift their consciousness to another place-time. Things are experienced in our 3D world which cannot be explained by science. Isn't it just possible they are other-worldly visitors?

DRob4JC - There must be a passenger list somewhere as the authorities were housing the relatives in hotels for quite a while at the time of the disappearance. Whether it is public or not, I am not sure. The Abovetopsecret.com forum thread would be the place to find that kind of information I suspect. There was a partial list of the items in the hold I seem to remember on there.

How would we tie the passenger list to a reason to "make the plane disappear" ? Proposing a link between a passenger(s) and the disappearance is a conspiracy theory in itself.

There are probably a number of threads but this is the initial one.
Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago

Old 06-24-2018, 12:44 AM

292 posts, read 245,063 times
You might want to research the theory of "Space, Time Continuum " NASA has some decent information, but is copyrighted, so no links here.

In Houston, Texas....the evening DJ's discuss this theorem.

Cal Guy would probably find this interesting, and it indeed could align with his theories on the subject.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:30 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"Technology has allowed us to see distant planets up close, far beyond the stars, and yet a single aircraft somewhere in 50,000 square miles can't be located?
These planets we are able to see close up, are millions of miles from earth."
This is something you say is easy but will not do. If it is so easy find the plane. You will not, proving that it is not that easy but you will have many excuses for why you cannot do this easy thing.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
We are not talking time travel here, we are talking about a missing aircraft.
This plane will never be found, because it is no longer on this earth, period.

Bob.
Better to say its no longer on this 'plane' of existence anymore imo

Old 06-30-2018, 08:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Needless to say that when I asked the company what it was going to do with the data it had collected, nothing was heard from them. I will try again as others can try too, but I suspect there is much value in such data and it will be sold to governments and oil companies for millions.

This of course might have been the original idea and why there was no charge. That would make sense.

Particularly if they found something odd down there...(queue the X-files music)

Old 07-02-2018, 07:39 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Needless to say that when I asked the company what it was going to do with the data it had collected, nothing was heard from them. I will try again as others can try too, but I suspect there is much value in such data and it will be sold to governments and oil companies for millions.

This of course might have been the original idea and why there was no charge. That would make sense.

Particularly if they found something odd down there...(queue the X-files music)
You are assuming you could handle the data, the downloading and storage, even if they did freely give it to you, which I am not sure why they would even take the time to. Time is money.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:24 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
There is an excellent new article in the July issue of The Atlantic summarizing all the known info about missing flight MH370. A lot of this info may have been missed by those following the story. An excerpt:

All through the Strait of Malacca, the airplane continued to be hand-flown. It is presumed that everyone in the cabin was dead by this point. At 2:22 a.m., the Malaysian air-force radar picked up the last blip. The airplane was 230 miles northwest of Penang, heading northwest into the Andaman Sea and flying fast.

Three minutes later, at 2:25, the airplane’s satellite box suddenly returned to life. It is likely that this occurred when the full electrical system was brought back up, and that the airplane was repressurized at the same time. When the satellite box came back on, it sent a log-on request to Inmarsat; the ground station responded, and the first linkup was accomplished. Unbeknownst to anyone in the cockpit, the relevant distance and Doppler values were recorded at the ground station, later allowing the first arc to be established.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:41 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
There is an excellent new article in the July issue of The Atlantic summarizing all the known info about missing flight MH370. A lot of this info may have been missed by those following the story. An excerpt:

All through the Strait of Malacca, the airplane continued to be hand-flown. It is presumed that everyone in the cabin was dead by this point. At 2:22 a.m., the Malaysian air-force radar picked up the last blip. The airplane was 230 miles northwest of Penang, heading northwest into the Andaman Sea and flying fast.

Three minutes later, at 2:25, the airplane’s satellite box suddenly returned to life. It is likely that this occurred when the full electrical system was brought back up, and that the airplane was repressurized at the same time. When the satellite box came back on, it sent a log-on request to Inmarsat; the ground station responded, and the first linkup was accomplished. Unbeknownst to anyone in the cockpit, the relevant distance and Doppler values were recorded at the ground station, later allowing the first arc to be established.
And the implications of this are.....? The pilot was still alive at that point? He'd deliberately depressurized the cabin? Help me out, here.

What did the article say about the Vietnamese pilot's observations, when he was dispatched to check on the plane, still flying east or Northeast at that point?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

And there were no dreams of alien kidnapers in that information? I love the way a vision or dream has taken this tragedy so far afield. The same supportive of that vision all believe in government conspiracy and they question every bit of evidence offered; but they have no evidence of their own and they get upset when questioned (like we should assume every dream of theirs is fact). I would rather stick to the reality of what we know in the real world and simply the plane has not been found in a very large ocean. I am sure that someday this mystery will be solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal