U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:37 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,131,228 times

Advertisements

I was told I was "sensitive" a long time ago
for lack of a better word Ive adopted it
Ive never made one penny posing as a "sensitive' and I will not be writing a book or screenplay

I have seen/experienced/witnessed a LOT of unexplainable stuff...some of this ive posted here...

If someone was able to convince me it was all in my head, I would breath a HUGE sigh of relief and move on...lol...I would be fine with that

ghosts witches goblins demons poltergeist incubus succubus entities spirits positive/negative energy angels psychics sensitives exorcists demonologists lol
just words WEVE coined to describe the unexplainable
lots of things WERE unexplainable yet are now totally understood due to science

I do believe in a lot of this stuff, and I do believe one day science will explain it...that doenst mean the paranormal aspect will disappear...just be better understood

there are a few things ive witnessed that I am scared to the core of my being to ever repeat or talk about...as if doing so would invite something that I could not stop or live with...I will take these to my grave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 07:08 AM

21,775 posts, read 20,829,438 times
I don't plan on being buried, so I don't have to worry about grave baggage.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:36 AM

39 posts, read 13,917 times
Good luck because there are plenty of things above and beyond normal in this world which defy explanation. You certainly have your work cut out for you.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:48 AM

11,226 posts, read 17,054,560 times
OP hasn't responded for over a week so maybe he gave up on his "mission".

Old 06-26-2018, 10:38 AM

582 posts, read 309,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I have seen/experienced/witnessed a LOT of unexplainable stuff...some of this ive posted here...

If someone was able to convince me it was all in my head, I would breath a HUGE sigh of relief and move on...lol...I would be fine with that
The thing, too, is that if it indeed were just all in the mind, then
that opens a huge can of worms regarding the power of the
mind.

If it can be believed that the power of the mind is that epic, then
there's little reason not to believe the notion that equally epic
unexplained phenomena can also occur outside of – and
independently of – that mind.

It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. I'm thinking here of the
many synchronistic events that I've witnessed which could be
rationalized away as just a form of pareidolia.

But if it's really just all coming from my head, then this is a very
powerful head I've got on my shoulders, and that just raises
other, potentially uncomfortable, questions. Someone with a
mind that powerful could be very dangerous, for starters.
In which case, it's a good thing I'm not of the vindictive sort.
Yikes...

-

Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 PM

3,822 posts, read 3,084,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
With the Council of Nicea Emperor Constantine, the Borgia family later, defined in a book that is called the bible the faith for thousands of believers, if you think about it..just for a while.. the administrative location of the most widespread religious faith in the planet is in Roma.
Don't you agree with me in saying that a bunch of Italians have done the trick, now look at yourself in the mirror and tell me who is the ordinary person ...
THis isn't an accurate description of what the biblical canon is, how it developed over centuries (both Old and New Testaments), and the role of the Council of Nicea. Also, the canon predates the Great Schism and Rome's claims to universal jurisdiction.

The Church predates the Canon, and early temples would have maybe a couple of gospels and a few letters (epistles). There were no printing presses then. The Old Testament canon has roots that predate Christianity, and there were early versions of the New Testament canon long before the Council of Nicea. The Council looked at what texts were being used by the Church; some were universally used and made the cut, others did not; one example was the Shepherd of Hermas which was widely used and admired in the Church, and included as canonical by some Church fathers like St. Irenaes but which presented some theological difficulties.

The Council of Nicea therefore discussed and documented what the Church believed for the first few centuries of its existence -- it didn't gather a bunch of random documents or concoct them under Constantine's direction and give them a "blessing" as "canon". Constantine called the Council to address the growing threat to unity presented by the Arian heretics; he didn't dictate what the bishops' decisions should be. Read the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...biblical_canon
https://www.britannica.com/event/Cou...ristianity-325

And the Borgias -- I have no idea where you got the idea that they had anything at all to do with the nature of the canon. They didn't.

Old Today, 11:13 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,017,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I was told I was "sensitive" a long time ago
for lack of a better word Ive adopted it
Ive never made one penny posing as a "sensitive' and I will not be writing a book or screenplay

ghosts witches goblins demons poltergeist incubus succubus entities spirits positive/negative energy angels psychics sensitives exorcists demonologists lol
just words WEVE coined to describe the unexplainable
lots of things WERE unexplainable yet are now totally understood due to science

I do believe in a lot of this stuff, and I do believe one day science will explain it...that doenst mean the paranormal aspect will disappear...just be better understood

there are a few things ive witnessed that I am scared to the core of my being to ever repeat or talk about...as if doing so would invite something that I could not stop or live with...I will take these to my grave

Do not be scared about anything, demons , goblins and the beautiful company, they do not exist, the concept of evil and good does not exist, live your life with serenity, death itself does not exist it is just a transformation into another dimension of ..materia.. existence , do not drink too much eat a lot of vegetables, drive carefully

Old Today, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
THis isn't an accurate description of what the biblical canon is, how it developed over centuries (both Old and New Testaments), and the role of the Council of Nicea. Also, the canon predates the Great Schism and Rome's claims to universal jurisdiction.

The Church predates the Canon, and early temples would have maybe a couple of gospels and a few letters (epistles). There were no printing presses then. The Old Testament canon has roots that predate Christianity, and there were early versions of the New Testament canon long before the Council of Nicea. The Council looked at what texts were being used by the Church; some were universally used and made the cut, others did not; one example was the Shepherd of Hermas which was widely used and admired in the Church, and included as canonical by some Church fathers like St. Irenaes but which presented some theological difficulties.

The Council of Nicea therefore discussed and documented what the Church believed for the first few centuries of its existence -- it didn't gather a bunch of random documents or concoct them under Constantine's direction and give them a "blessing" as "canon". Constantine called the Council to address the growing threat to unity presented by the Arian heretics; he didn't dictate what the bishops' decisions should be. Read the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...biblical_canon
https://www.britannica.com/event/Cou...ristianity-325

And the Borgias -- I have no idea where you got the idea that they had anything at all to do with the nature of the canon. They didn't.

Are you Russian? доброе утро, как ты..ehhh Vasily ..Vasily in hoc signo vinces for Costantino and for the Borgia Take a look to the Borgia's Papato power history

Old Today, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OP hasn't responded for over a week so maybe he gave up on his "mission".

Hey man with a secret code as nickname
I do many MMA fights, when they ends badly... I have to take a few days off

Old Today, 02:50 PM

3,822 posts, read 3,084,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Are you Russian? доброе утро, как ты..ehhh Vasily ..Vasily in hoc signo vinces for Costantino and for the Borgia Take a look to the Borgia's Papato power history
I'm fine, thank you. Unfortunately, I don't know Russian. I'm about 2/3 eastern and northern European (mostly Russian, Lithuanian, and Ukrainian), the rest being English/Irish and Sicilian, and I am an Orthodox Christian who is a member of a Russian parish (all services in English).

Regarding St. Constantine -- I'm not sure what point you're making. The council was called by St. Constantine to address controversies over the nature of the Trinity. Arius was spreading his heretical belief that Christ was not God throughout the empire, and especially having success among the "barbarians" in areas like today's Germany (today's self-acknowledge descendants of the Arians are the Jehovah's Witnesses). As noted in this totally non-sectarian site, St. Constantine opened the Council and contributed to the discussions. It had nothing to do with establishing the canon (meaning the books that make up the old and new testaments).

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...caea-concludes

Different denominations may have slightly different collections of books in their bibles: Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Protestant, the Oriental Churches (Ethiopian, Coptic, Syrian). The core books are slightly different because some place more emphasis on certain pseudocanonical texts than others. Martin Luther wanted to do away with Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation because they conflicted with the new doctrines he was concocting. But by and large, the set of texts considered canonical was established by Constantine's time.

Regarding the Borgias: as far as I know (and I have a fairly solid knowledge of church history, east and west), none of the Borgia popes were involved in changes to the Roman Catholic list of canonical books. There have been new translations since then, but the set of books is the same and the Borgias had nothing to do with putting them together. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested in reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal