U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:08 AM

43 posts, read 5,646 times

Advertisements

Hi all, the title of the thread is in jest, i was an unbiased paranormal investigator many years ago and a member of the oldest club in the world involved in investigating parapsychology called the Ghost Club.
Back in 1977 it was very hard to join, i will show my membership at some point during this thread, but i joined on 25th April 1977 and was living in Enfield, North London at the time. The Ghost Club had many famous members, one of which was Charles Dickens.

I thought i would write about some of my experiences that i can't explain, i'll start tomorrow as i get tired quickly, i'm in a nursing home recovering from a broken spine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 AM

It must of been reading about a friend's obituary that focused my mind regarding events that happened over forty years ago, that, and nearly dying with a broken spine which tends to make you write about memories. Believe me i would rather forget it, as it was the most frightening experience i have ever had, more so as i couldn't explain it by normal unbiased means!

It was a few months ago i noticed that Guy Lyon Playfair had died, i hadn't contacted him in years, but i was involved with him 41 years ago. Although i was a junior paranormal investigator, i was more attached to the other senior investigator Maurice Grosse, but he died in 2006. It seems i am the only investigator left, being an eye witness to strange events that happened in Enfield....and i am half dead, HA HA!

Both Maurice Grosse and Guy Lyon Playfair were members of the Ghost Club and the Society of Psychical Research, S.P.R. for short, i was only a member of the Ghost Club in 1977.

The obituary is on link below:-
https://www.spr.ac.uk/news/guy-lyon-playfair-1935-2018

Old 06-20-2018, 06:56 AM

Before i write about my experiences, the Enfield Poltergeist is the most documented case of paranormal activity in the world, with many witness statements, even woman police officer Carolyn Heeps signed an affidavit explaining she saw a chair move across the room, and obviously she checked for wires or fraud, and found no reason for the chair to move.

A detailed account of events at 284 Green Street can be found on link below:-
https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/a...ld-poltergeist

Link below to the Ghost Club:-

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Club

Old 06-20-2018, 08:25 AM

I knew the area well, as a kid i was a scout, the H.Q. was at the top of the road, where it meets Enfield Highway or Hertford Road, my first girlfriend lived in Green Street near the White Horse Pub, where i used to drink sometimes.

It isn't by chance that Maurice Grosse asked me to be a junior investigator on the case, i met him at a prior meeting of the Ghost Club, i liked him, and we stayed in touch as we both lived in Enfield......i had some jurisdiction anyway as i lived in the area.

I can not remember the exact date that i received a telephone call to help out, but it was near to Christmas 1977, it was evening time that i arrived at the house, it seemed just a normal council house like the rest in the street from the outside, the weather was misty, cold and dark as i walked up the path to knock on the door. Strangely as i was let in the door, i found the temperature in the hall was colder than the outside, immediately i heard knocking on the ceiling, walls and floor, the house didn't have a cellar and i searched upstairs for any of the family without success, they were all in the front room, where i started talking to Maurice.

The rapping on the walls and ceiling continued throughout my first visit and i couldn't find any explanation for it, investigating any possibility of hoax or prank. Janet Hodgson aged 11 sat in the corner looking scared. I took particular care in watching her as it was thought that most of the activity centered on her.
I left the house approx. 2am, planning to come back in a few days.

When i visited a second time a lot of paranormal activity happened, which i will write about soon, however today i wish to write about Janet Hodgson, who seemed to be in a trance when i arrived, and a lot of foul language was directed towards me from her in a deep bassy male voice, i still have no explanation in how she was able to do this as she was only 11 years old.

The link below is a tape recording that i verify is Janet Hodgson during one of her trances, it is disturbing from one so young:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xhed0jP50

I'll be back!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:18 AM

At present i'm awaiting operations in a nursing home to become semi-independent, i'm working on a very old computer, and have very little possessions with me, it is difficult for me to show a picture of my membership letter to the Ghost Club on 25th April 1977.

I can do it one way, but hope the moderator will not feel this is a misdemeanor as the photo of this showing that i was a genuine member is on the first thread section of a different forum about fractals, please scroll down link to see:-

https://fractalforums.org/off-topic/...rrin-lol/1451/

Old 06-20-2018, 10:22 AM

4,274 posts, read 1,047,610 times
Another really great case was that of Carla Moran in 1977, from Los Angeles. They even made a movie about her experience 'The Entity (1977)'. she was raped and beaten numerous times by an invisible person, and there were many highly credible witnesses to the attacks!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Hi Rstevens62,

I have seen the film The Entity (1977), i thought it was a great horror film, i have also read eye witness reports that verify investigation.

I'm usually wary of Hollywood films that add fictitious "happenings". This has happened with the Hollywood film, Conjuring 2 that is only loosely based on the Enfield Poltergeist:-

The Conjuring 2 vs the True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist

A better accurate version, that i can still find fault is the Sky Living drama called The Enfield Haunting, it may not be as frightening but follows events more accurately:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBgShAfgP4

Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,126,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Another really great case was that of Carla Moran in 1977, from Los Angeles. They even made a movie about her experience 'The Entity (1977)'. she was raped and beaten numerous times by an invisible person, and there were many highly credible witnesses to the attacks!
Doris Bither was her real name I think

Old 06-22-2018, 05:47 AM

Hi Luckytbalive,

Link below:-

https://backpackerverse.com/doris-bither/

Old 06-22-2018, 09:38 AM

To continue with second visit to 284 Green Street....

Apart from Janet Hodgson talking in a deep male voice, at some point i was in the kitchen alone when a kitchen draw and cabinet door opened, i checked for fraud or coincidence (anything falling against door to open it.), however found i couldn't explain it!

At approx. 19:30pm the rapping on the walls and ceiling began, which i investigated without finding any reason for it, the knocking continued up to when i left at 23:30pm approx., Janet was asleep when i left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal