Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times

Advertisements

And sometimes people just know things. Several years ago a kid went missing somewhere and the media talked to the brother. I was watching this on tv with someone and I looked at her and said...he killed his brother.

It took a few weeks...but he broke and admitted it. I'm not psychic, but I read something in his tone or reactions. And if I can do it...chances are the guys who do this for a living did it too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 02:31 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
When Kennedy was assassinated, I was in my high school's cafeteria eating lunch, and there was a steady rain outside. I remember feeling ill at ease, that I felt something terrible had happened. A few minutes later, they made an announcement that he had been shot.

The night my father died a decade later (suddenly of a heart attack), my college girlfriend and I had returned from the holidays to our apartment, and there was a freezing rain falling. I told her it seemed there was a message in the rain for me, but I couldn't make out what it was. A couple of hours later while we were sleeping, the phone rang: I wouldn't answer it because I knew it was bad news for me.

Maybe I picked up subliminal messages or low level sounds, or radio waves the day of the assassination; maybe I had picked up on the gravity of my father's illness when we were visiting, and somehow knew he only had a certain amount of time to live. I don't know -- and I don't think there's any way to find out whether these were examples of precognition on my part, or some other sensory input giving me clues I picked up on subconsciously.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
Psychics are real. Everybody has that ability to a degree. Everybody has intuition, or a gut feeling.

It is very common for people to have hunches and dreams that come true about little things that aren't important. People think about someone that they haven't seen for a while and they call. Little stuff like that happens all the time to practically everybody. The people on this thread seem to be the the few exceptions. I don't get it.

As far as solving crimes, that is a different story. The information comes from guidance. There are things we are not supposed to know. Psychics get clues, they don't get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. That isn't how it works. The messages are usually symbolic and require interpretation. Some people apparently do specialize in areas such as forensics. I doubt if that is common and it wouldn't be a fun job.

I would bet that there are many psychic consultants that do work with law enforcement but law enforcement won't admit it. They have their sources and that would be to help find a lead, or a clue. That is not something that is public knowledge. Why would it be? Cases are solved all the time and nobody knows whether or not a psychic is consulted.

Good detectives will follow a hunch. That is psychic. I bet that an individual investigator has sources that he or she utilizes and doesn't report. It may not be what you see on TV that frequently, but it happens all the time. The simple sense of knowing is the most accurate way to receive a clue.

I know from experience that psychics are real but the way things work is not always how people expect. They may not be able to tell how many fingers you are holding up.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:00 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKX5yB-H2tI

Old 08-08-2016, 06:56 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
She convinced herself and followers; made loads of money from books, tv and public appearences.

Only an example of 'who's not a psychic'.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:41 AM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
That is an example of a fraud. I did do research on her and her misses are widely publicized but I wondered if she originally had abilities, which were corrupted. She abused her gifts and that can create an imbalance where the person starts out getting truthful guidance, then they don't. Some of the things she said early on sounded right, from what I know. The way she got her guidance was similar to how I do it and many others. Nobody is exactly the same, but there are identifying similarities.

Whatever her deal was, she was pretty awful. She charged a fortune for a personal reading that was not good. She was convicted of fraud and everything she did was about making money for herself. A person like that is pretty low, and they will get low guidance. That is how it works.

She started writing all these books about the afterlife and stuff that is completely fictitious and unverifiable. She wrote a book on astrology, which she knew nothing about and it was just sunsign stuff that she made up based on her own perceptions. She said that Taurus' are awful people. The worst kind of people and she went on about how worthless they are. You can't say stuff like that about 1/12th of your audience. Her other books were equally as silly. I actually found her to be amusing in general. She was entertaining, but not accurate.

I went back and reread her first book that was autobiographical to look for clues about anything that sounded right. There were a few things that sounded like she was in touch with her guidance but there is high guidance, and low guidance, and you reap what you sow. That book was really hard to read because it was so self-aggrandizing. She was the most giving and selfless soul to ever be incarnated upon this earth. That was the way the material was presented, chapter after chapter.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:49 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Justice Network is having a Psychic Detectives marathon today. I normally wouldn't watch but there's nothing else on.

Anyway, many of the cases have been covered by other shows I've already seen like snapped or solved or cold case files. Those shows never mention psychics were involved. The one about the serial killer in Louisiana where they thought he was white -- the other shows said they found out he was black from the dna. Psychic Detectives just said they found out from a psychic.

Hmmmm . . .

I wonder if police departments participate in these shows because they get paid?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:17 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Who the hell is ''she'' in post 66? Can't get the YouTube link to work! I've got a good guess...somebody tell me if I'm right...

Old 07-06-2017, 05:53 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Who the hell is ''she'' in post 66? Can't get the YouTube link to work! I've got a good guess...somebody tell me if I'm right...
It has been a while but I believe it was Sylvia Browne.

Here is a different video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7xkPqW0G8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal