U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:34 AM

88 posts, read 24,519 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I've struggled to think of the right forum to place this thread, however there may be paranormal reasons to the dates in history that i write down below, although i find it very dubious, believing these are deliberate dates by man centered on religious and metaphysical ideas.
This thread may be controversial for some, so i hope the moderator will give direction if needed.

I'm an archaeoastronomer, interested in the beliefs associated with the stars, numerology and religion, although i only study this without believing anything like this myself, mostly i'm interested in why people choose dates in war.

An example unrelated would be for the 2008 summer olympics opening ceremony which was held at 8pm on 8/8/08 and eight is associated with prosperity and confidence in Chinese culture, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_S...ening_ceremony

So could the Armistice of World War One be deliberate? It happened at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month 1918, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armist..._November_1918

Many soldiers died before the armistice, any thought that the date was deliberate by a metaphysical Harry Potter would be awful.

Eleven is a master number in metaphysical beliefs, not my beliefs, link below:-

https://www.numerology.com/numerolog...-master-number

I will continue soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM

The "Co-incidences" keep coming, as Saint Martin of Tours is the Patron Saint of Soldiers and his feast date is 11th November! Link below, link may take time loading properly:-

https://aleteia.org/2014/11/11/saint...from-the-dead/

America observes this as Veterans Day, in UK we call it Remembrance Day, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

Old 06-24-2018, 05:38 AM

I agree with America, for not signing The Treaty of Versailles, the terms for Germany were too harsh, which probably was the cause of another war 20 years later. They signed a different treaty with Germany, please read small print at top of document on link below...."Came into force with exchange of ratification in Berlin on 11/11/1921"

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/US-Germany_Peace_Treaty

If link doesn't work properly, click on "Search for US-Germany Peace Treaty in other text", which should lead you to the document.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:58 AM

9,194 posts, read 10,146,469 times
Dates are arbitrary.

Some may be interested in learning about archaeoastronomy as an academic discipline. The subject is not without interest. It has no connection to what the OP describes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeoastronomy

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 06-24-2018 at 06:15 AM..

Old 06-24-2018, 09:35 AM

Hi, Happy in Wyoming,

I think you will see that i said i was an Archaeoastronomer, but interested in Numerology and religion at beginning of thread, indeed as far as the stars, there is evidence that this was followed during W.W.1., however i'm working off a very old computer, with little possessions in a nursing home for a few months waiting for operations to make easier to be semi-independent, due to a broken spine, so pictures of planetary movements as yet is impossible for me to give!

There were two parts to the end of World War One, being the Armistice, laying down of arms and surrender attached to The Treaty of Versailles.

The Ottoman Empire mobilized for war on 11/11/1914, it is interesting that some started preparation for war and others ended war on the same date, so stretches the odds of chance!

https://www.historytoday.com/david-motadel/jihad-1914

Last edited by Derek Smith; 06-24-2018 at 09:49 AM..

Old 06-24-2018, 10:45 AM

11,584 posts, read 17,514,675 times
I think dates of WW1 armistice is coincidental: There are other dates also relevant - German's brought treaty to Allies on November 8th and gave them 72 hours to respond. So naturally that fell on the 11th. Allies and Germans actually signed cease fire first thing in the morning - 5AM or something, and gave 3 hours it to be official. The reason for the morning was to give it time to be communicated to the front lines during the day. No sense doing it in afternoon or evening.

11th day of 11th hour gave it a certain ring to it, but it could just as easily been 8th day of x hour, or 11th day of 5th hour, and so forth...

Old 06-26-2018, 07:02 AM

Hi Dd714,

Sorry for delay, i wasn't well yesterday. Germany asked for an armistice a full month before it happened on on 11th hour of 11th day of 11th month 1918 on 4th October 1918.
Negotiations took over a month with President Woodrow Wilson, probably time for the date to be deliberate

Last edited by Derek Smith; 06-26-2018 at 07:27 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 07:46 AM

In order to understand exactly what went wrong back in the summer of 1914, we need to look no further than examine the key alliances that happened between 1879 and 1907, ending with "The Triple Entente".

In fact these treaties were alliances that the major nations signed in fear of each other declaring war, yet made all Europe vulnerable to a terrorist attack, bringing the major nations into an involuntary "Dance of Death" and a war that no one wanted.

Saint Vitus Day 1389 and "The Battle of Kosovo Poyle" marks the beginning of the Serbian Nation, the spirit of togetherness that saw the serbian peoples unite against the turkish invader.

Obviously the date changes if valued by the Julian Calendar, or the present Gregorian day method, however Saint Vitus Day or Vidovdan is 28th June, and there are grounds to speculate that 28th June 1914 may have been chosen as the trigger date of W.W.1.

More about Serbian beliefs regarding Vidovdan are on link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidovdan

Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 AM

Two bullets fired on a Sarajevo street on a sunny June morning in 1914 set in motion a series of events that shaped the world we live in today, W.W.1., W.W.2., the Cold War and our difficulties in the Middle East all trace their origin to the gunshots that interrupted that summer day 28th June 1914, Saint Vitus day.

The victims Arch-duke Ferdinand on his wedding anniversary, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and his wife Sophie were shot by 19 year old Gavrilo Princip who burned with the fire of slavic nationalism, he envisioned the death of the Arch-duke as the key that would unlock the shackles binding his people to the Austr-Hungarian Empire. He was well picked as most of the conspirators were dying from TB, therefore didn't mind being martyers. Very clever Mr Dimitrijevic and the probably metaphysical "Black Hand Society.

Serbia figured prominently in the plot, providing the guns, ammunition and training that made the assassination possible, they may also have seen a symbolic connection to The Battle of Kosovo Poyle, so in theory used that date for this auspicious event in history.

Gavrilo Princip become an unwitting "Pied Piper", as this assassination precipitated the Austro-Hungarian declaration of war against Serbia and started the involuntary dance of death or Saint Vitus dance of World War one.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:43 AM

11,584 posts, read 17,514,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Smith View Post
Hi Dd714,

Sorry for delay, i wasn't well yesterday. Germany asked for an armistice a full month before it happened on on 11th hour of 11th day of 11th month 1918 on 4th October 1918.
Negotiations took over a month with President Woodrow Wilson, probably time for the date to be deliberate
Yes understood about discusssions, but your posted wiki article even mentions German delegates coming over the front line on November 8th to officiate surrender terms.

By the way this was just an armistice, the final ratification of the end of the war (even though hostilities were ended years previous) was not done until 1920 - the sixteenth hour of the 10th day of the first month (doesn't have the same ring to it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or