U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 02:48 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,567,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Several people have proposed that we are nothing but farm animals in some huge experiment for some ET scientist race, and this is our purpose in life - to be a lab rat.

Religions and beliefs have sprung up as a result of various encounters with the ET race, taking a sample here or doing a bit of weeding there.

To me this seems the most likely scenario and our sad little daily life is no more than a kids ant farm, each "ant" just doing its thing and being an "ant". Although we dont live underground, we go to work. We build our structures the same, we interact with other 'ants' the same, we collect our food the same and we wage wars the same. As above, so below.

What else could describe the meaning of our sad existence here on Earth?
not sure why but the idea of being a lab rat reminds me of this episode of Rick and Morty and if you've never watched it before you'll either love it or hate it:

Link to Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:51 AM

320 posts, read 143,070 times
I like Michael Tsarian's take that there was a planet between Mars and Jupiter that was blown up in an intergalactic space war. One group in that war got marooned on Earth, and they've been working, ever since, to train and push humanity to the point where we develop the technology to mine the material and repair or rebuild their space ships so they can get the heck out of here!

Makes more sense to me than anything else I've heard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or