U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:21 PM

9,448 posts, read 16,025,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes. It is.

How would an animal get into the container by itself? Did you recognize the container as your own? Again, a mouse could not produce that amount of blood. The idea that many small mice will enter a container of their own free will, is also not realistic.

I'm going to ask a couple of people more knowledgeable than I, if this is a paranormal event that they are familiar with, because it is beyond my scope of knowledge.

I will also do some research.

Even if it isn't paranormal, it's creepy as all hell.
Yes the container was my own and I've been trying to figure out how an animal would've gotten in there myself....there was only one way and that's to unscrew the lid..no spouts, no holes, no anything else. It's possible that I put the lid on there with a dead mouse or bird and some water without noticing them but not probable...no more probable than than putting away a couple of shirts while bleeding profusely and never remembering that. I'm 59 so not likely dementia signs yet.

And thank you for your vote of confidence in my sanity. Strangely I'm not all that creeped out by it so much as it's just too weird for words and there is no explanation that makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 05:53 PM

17,021 posts, read 21,035,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
sheena12, the volume of liquid was about a cup.
OK. I misread. Why would any normal human being keep a cup of blood around the house in a 1/2 gallon container?

The exact quantity of blood found does not make it any less weird and repulsive.

Kind of like saying "I opened my refrigerator and found two human ears inside" and another person saying "no! It was only ONE!"

Like it matters.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:30 PM

11,161 posts, read 18,936,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes the container was my own and I've been trying to figure out how an animal would've gotten in there myself....there was only one way and that's to unscrew the lid..no spouts, no holes, no anything else. It's possible that I put the lid on there with a dead mouse or bird and some water without noticing them but not probable...no more probable than than putting away a couple of shirts while bleeding profusely and never remembering that. I'm 59 so not likely dementia signs yet.

And thank you for your vote of confidence in my sanity. Strangely I'm not all that creeped out by it so much as it's just too weird for words and there is no explanation that makes any sense.
Well, one thing, depending on where you live, if there is humidity, and then a critter gets into a plastic container, it wouldn’t mummify, it would liquify. Mummification requires heat and dry.

It’s one of those things we see on tv because it plays better, but the truth is any biologically contaminated item that’s meant to be used for DNA or any biological testing is never put in plastic, because it degrades very quickly. So, your basic knife as a murder weapon is put in a paper sack and sealed with evidence tape, because paper breathes.

But on tv, isn’t it better to walk in with the bloody knife in full view in plastic vs. holding up a brown paper bag that could be groceries?

Old 06-30-2018, 07:03 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,412,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well, one thing, depending on where you live, if there is humidity, and then a critter gets into a plastic container, it wouldn’t mummify, it would liquify. Mummification requires heat and dry.

It’s one of those things we see on tv because it plays better, but the truth is any biologically contaminated item that’s meant to be used for DNA or any biological testing is never put in plastic, because it degrades very quickly. So, your basic knife as a murder weapon is put in a paper sack and sealed with evidence tape, because paper breathes.

But on tv, isn’t it better to walk in with the bloody knife in full view in plastic vs. holding up a brown paper bag that could be groceries?
In which case the liquid was not blood which would explain the volume and the lack of obvious mouse (or something) remains. Lack of sufficient oxygen may have limited the degree of decay over time perhaps?

So the actual volume of the blood-like liquid is crucial in determining the possible source. About a cup full begins to make some sense. A liquified rat could do that. So yes, the actual volume is of significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The exact quantity of blood found does not make it any less weird and repulsive.
Weird and repulsive yes but explainability requires an idea of the volume to guess at the source. But is just guessing and/or speculating. That's part of trying to figure an explanation.

The blood on the shirts? No idea.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:15 PM

2,456 posts, read 2,823,167 times
I think you need to step back and view the whole thing from a larger perspective. It IS odd I agree.

Might be worth doing some investigation into the history of the place/land on which you live, what is happening in your life at the moment, whether anyone might want to do you harm, whether you have done any occult practices there, etc. Look for the normal first, then move towards the unusual and then the paranormal last.

People on here report finding water in strange places, they find apports coming out of thin air, they report missing time, there is so much we dont understand about our world and there is possibly (a theory I subscribe to) also a bunch of timelines we can jump between too.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

15,533 posts, read 7,835,758 times
I'm not saying this is what it is, but I do find it interesting that doing a quick search resulted in finding this site that states one of the signs of a haunted house is finding unexplained blood stains on clothes.

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundat.../hauntedhouse/

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

3,587 posts, read 1,538,816 times
Well, this super bizarre! Did the hydrogen peroxide fizz/bubble when you cleaned those areas?

I would consider buying some Luminol (online $20) & testing; just to be sure. That’s the stuff they use at crime scenes to detect blood & it will detect it even if someone tried to destroy the evidence by cleaning with bleach.

Also, there is a bacterium called s. marcescens that is very “at home” in musty, starchy environments.

During the 13th century; it spawned the reports of priests finding blood splattered communion wafers; “bloody bread”(yuk). I believe it likes sugars too, if maybe you had a sugary substance in the container? Or even one of those weight loss shakes?

I’d wear gloves & wash your hands if you are handling that stuff too; there are some algaes that will liquify in a red color that are not pathogenic to humans but that s. marcesens is known to cause bad UTI’s.

Old Today, 07:22 AM

9,448 posts, read 16,025,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not saying this is what it is, but I do find it interesting that doing a quick search resulted in finding this site that states one of the signs of a haunted house is finding unexplained blood stains on clothes.

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundat.../hauntedhouse/
I read that through and it was interesting. I have lived in a haunted house before...several family members heard or saw the ghost and my daughter, who was a toddler at the time, would talk to "the man on the stairs," which is where the rest of us sighted him as well.

For this house, there was only one other family who lived here before I did, and it was built in 1974. I've lived here 5 years and have never sensed any paranormal activity and I am somewhat sensitive to that as I was one of the family members who heard the ghost in the other house. The house has working heat and A/C so humidity problems were not going on in the closet but the drink container was out in the shed and securely sealed, which of course would contain any humidity going on in there. Trouble is I need a scientist to explain what would happen to a dead body in an anaerobic environment and I don't suppose many scientists hang out in this forum? LOL

I have made some changes in my life since moving here...got a really scary health diagnosis and I've changed my lifestyle b/c of it, by eating healthier, but also more meditation and even delving into energy medicine. Also, I make a small hobby out of reading Tarot cards so I suppose it's possible to bring in paranormal activity through that route? I've never had a feeling that the cards brought anything but good into my life though. I doubt I brought any spirits with me as I haven't lived in the haunted house since the late 90's. Now I'm getting ready to move and these events started with the work that was going on with the move. In fact, I think I will be out by today and on the road!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or