U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:20 AM

3,810 posts, read 3,075,770 times

Advertisements

When I first watched the Gable film I found it very creepy and convincing. But then, I looked a little closer. I corresponded with Linda Godfrey (who had already written she believed it was a likely hoax) and pointed out that when the beast arrives at the camera you see a flash of teeth followed by static. You get electronic static on a digital camera, but NOT on a vintage analog film camera - clear sign of a hoax. In addition, (1) if you slow down and watch the creature frame by frame, you can see the guy's pants leg below his ghillie suit at one point; and (3) shortened perspective due to the camera angle made the figure look less human adding to the creepiness.

The guy who created the film talked about his hoax with Monster Quest - it's instructive to read the comments below the film. Several people say he was lying to take credit as the author of a "real" film, the filmed "encounter" was real but he spliced in the surrounding footage, etc. That's one of the main problems with all this paranormal stuff; people become emotinoally invested in their belief in something, and will deny a hoax is a hoax even when the hoaxer admits it and tells us exactly how he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65cy1FzIfw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 09:25 AM

4,321 posts, read 1,056,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
When I first watched the Gable film I found it very creepy and convincing. But then, I looked a little closer. I corresponded with Linda Godfrey (who had already written she believed it was a likely hoax) and pointed out that when the beast arrives at the camera you see a flash of teeth followed by static. You get electronic static on a digital camera, but NOT on a vintage analog film camera - clear sign of a hoax. In addition, (1) if you slow down and watch the creature frame by frame, you can see the guy's pants leg below his ghillie suit at one point; and (3) shortened perspective due to the camera angle made the figure look less human adding to the creepiness.

The guy who created the film talked about his hoax with Monster Quest - it's instructive to read the comments below the film. Several people say he was lying to take credit as the author of a "real" film, the filmed "encounter" was real but he spliced in the surrounding footage, etc. That's one of the main problems with all this paranormal stuff; people become emotinoally invested in their belief in something, and will deny a hoax is a hoax even when the hoaxer admits it and tells us exactly how he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65cy1FzIfw
Considering that the technology is there for even the average computer owner, to create fake videos, its odd we dont see many (relatively speaking), especially true when it comes to dog/ wolf men. Reports generally only come from one specific region of the country too (thats a big one to debunk).

Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM

10,009 posts, read 9,671,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Considering that the technology is there for even the average computer owner, to create fake videos, its odd we dont see many (relatively speaking), especially true when it comes to dog/ wolf men. Reports generally only come from one specific region of the country too (thats a big one to debunk).

Agreed. So many Naysayers won't consider much logic other then "IT CAN'T BE"

Les Stroud has some very good face photos. I posted them here and the NAYSAYERS all laughed at them. No logical thought was that Les is a Major video man of him out in the woods surviving . Why would Les use still photos and not video;were him to have been faking?

Old 07-04-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Agreed. So many Naysayers won't consider much logic other then "IT CAN'T BE"

Les Stroud has some very good face photos. I posted them here and the NAYSAYERS all laughed at them. No logical thought was that Les is a Major video man of him out in the woods surviving . Why would Les use still photos and not video;were him to have been faking?
You posted his supposed photos of bigfoot, not dog men. That's not what we're talking about in this thread - I was specifically talking about the Gable film in my last post. And I have no idea how presenting a photo or an anecdote is "logic".

I don't trust photographic evidence presented by a "survivor" who claims to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere when he's actually filming his episodes a short distance from an easily accessible road:

http://outsidebynature.com/main/les-stroud-fake/

This seriously degrades his credibility in my book.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:01 PM

21,736 posts, read 20,781,663 times
Quote:
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/...og-headed-men/

Ive been reading a bit on this, and find it strange these beings are mentioned or referred to so often. Not sure what to make of it. Opinions?
It was probably hypertrichosis.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It was probably hypertrichosis.
That would explain the hair, but none of the other aspects (snout, teeth, ears), keep in mind, all the historical accounts, the witnesses describe the beings as 'humans with dog/wolf heads'.

If I was to see a man with hypertrichosis, he would still have the head of a man, it would look nothing like a dogs head.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You posted his supposed photos of bigfoot, not dog men. That's not what we're talking about in this thread - I was specifically talking about the Gable film in my last post. And I have no idea how presenting a photo or an anecdote is "logic".

I don't trust photographic evidence presented by a "survivor" who claims to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere when he's actually filming his episodes a short distance from an easily accessible road:

Is Survivorman Staged? - Outside By Nature Trip Reports

This seriously degrades his credibility in my book.
Linda Godfrey is the person to go to when it comes to the subject of Dog/wolf men.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Linda Godfrey is the person to go to when it comes to the subject of Dog/wolf men.
For those who aren't familiar with her, this is her blog:

https://lindagodfrey.com/

Old Today, 12:13 PM

12,754 posts, read 9,707,683 times
Loved hearing stories about these beings because they seemed so unique. Very intelligent beings, extremely fast, strong and vicious. I've heard stories of them killing people as well.

Read Linda Godfrey's books and also read and listened to other stories about these beings. Dark Waters has a great Dog Man story that supposedly occurred in Mississippi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYAGuPXLjbM

According to the stories they can be shot but it doesn't really affect them. Meaning they'd be more animal than spiritual. Some of the stories don't sound credible at all, but some do. Interesting enough to read up on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or