U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:16 AM

1,421 posts, read 240,922 times

Advertisements

Are those aliens here legally or illegally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 04:54 AM

4,252 posts, read 4,247,221 times
We stupid earthlings are well on our way to extinction. If the Yellowstone super volcano, or a giant asteroid collision doesn't get us, some idiotic, narcissistic politician somewhere will launch nuclear missiles. Either that or we'll suffocate from all our air pollution.

Why should aliens care about us? They can just wait.

After we're gone the planet will continue to evolve. Gaia has no need for humans. In about 100 Million years, another set of creatures will happen.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:14 AM

157 posts, read 45,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
They are not alone. Some of us Earthlings are pretty fed up, too.

your words made my day! thanks

Old 07-04-2018, 08:00 AM

2,657 posts, read 2,926,955 times
Quote:
The "10% of our brain" is a myth. (See: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-ten-percent-myth/) Also, it's not impossible that aliens don't care to communicate with us, any more than we care to communicate with, say, chipmunks. For all we know, the Earth's atmosphere and/or temperature could be deadly to aliens. Not unlike humans trying to live on Mars or on Titan (Saturn's biggest satellite, with a dense, nontoxic atmosphere, but cold enough to liquefy methane).
Snopes? Oh plllleeease. If you have read anything at all about our unconscious, you will know that we take in everything and store it away in our unconscious mind. It is all there for us if we care to dig for it.

You obviously do not accept aliens are visiting us, so you must be ignoring the evidence in our skies seen almost each week by folks and reported to MUFON. The aliens can obviously manage quite well in our atmosphere too otherwise they would not be here if it was deadly for them. But then I forgot, you dont accept they are here, do you?

Quote:
And telepathy? Sorry, not sorry, I don't care for metaphysics. If we want to communicate with aliens, whether for scientific benefit or out of morbid curiosity, our best bet is the electromagnetic spectrum. After all, it's all the same waves, and anyone can use them, be they human or alien. Heck, animals use electromagnetic waves for daily functions. Like dolphins with their echolocation.
How short sighted to think the electromagnetic spectrum is the only possible way of communication. Rather like thinking the speed of light is the fastest we can move. If you ignore metaphysics, then you ignore consciousness as a reality and that is where the next great advances in science will be coming from.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:05 AM

14,828 posts, read 19,511,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No, but I bet you talk to your dog and expect her to understand you. Example: That ape which died recently could communicate by sign language - because it had been taught it of course, but you are assuming that we have to communicate through language which is NOT the way to go.
I am not assuming that at all, which is my point. We humans communicate primarily through sound, with deeper levels of meaning added by sight. Millions of years of evolution have wired us that way.

We have ZERO reason to assume extra-terrestrials communicate the same way. Perhaps they evolved in deep oceans and communicated via phosphorescent pulses of light along spectrums we cannot even see? Perhaps they communicate via exchange of electrical pulses? Or the exchange of scents far beyond our ability to detect? Perhaps they left physical bodies behind millennia ago and now communicate on the quantum level? Or some level we won't even discover for 10,000 years?

Until we actually meet the ETs, there is simply no way to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What we call "Telepathy" is the universal language.
Baseless assertion. You have zero evidence for that. You might as well claim that Twinkies are the universal currency, and the reason aliens have stopped coming is that we stopped making Twinkies.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:13 AM

3,858 posts, read 1,688,451 times
I think a decrease in UFO sightings says more about the "sighters" than the "sighted".

I mean, it's only been recently that humans walk, talk, eat & drive with a brightly lit little screen 12 inches from their faces. With confirmed traffic deaths on the highways caused by texting that distracted drivers to the point that they didn't see the semi truck in the emergency lane?

I'm not thinking they would catch that tiny, once-in-a-lifetime anomaly in a dark sky that lasted for 3 seconds.

Radio communications as a viable tool for communication always seemed a little ethnocentric to me.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:34 AM

5,565 posts, read 1,345,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The government docs released prove that the government knows something is going on, but they are as baffled as the rest of us. There has been zero proof of aliens in any government docs.
How do explain the news articles released last Dec 2017, about how the Pentagon had been spending money to study these things? Before that, whenever the subject was brought up, Govt claimed there were no studies or investigations into UFOs since Project Blue Book was cancelled...we know that was a lie now...if they lied about this then, why should anyone believe them now?

The website Black Vault has 10s of 1000s of declassified Govt documents, 1000s pertaining to aliens and UFOs alone. Not to mention, Canada has many govt documents that refer to these things as well.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:07 AM

2,939 posts, read 1,201,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
We have ZERO reason to assume extra-terrestrials communicate the same way. Perhaps they evolved in deep oceans and communicated via phosphorescent pulses of light along spectrums we cannot even see? Perhaps they communicate via exchange of electrical pulses? Or the exchange of scents far beyond our ability to detect? Perhaps they left physical bodies behind millennia ago and now communicate on the quantum level? Or some level we won't even discover for 10,000 years?
Thank you! This is what I was getting at earlier. On a side note, scents require air for transport, so aliens that use scents must live on a planet or satellite that has a thick atmosphere to begin with (Titan?). And if aliens use microwaves to communicate, I bet they're baffled at all that noise coming from out kitchens, office break rooms, and college dorms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Radio communications as a viable tool for communication always seemed a little ethnocentric to me.
What ethnocentricism? The entire universe uses the same radio waves. From your city's top-40 station to remote quasars. Not to mention, the radio wavelengths range from micrometers to meters. Which raises the question: Which frequencies to aliens use?

Old 07-04-2018, 10:32 AM

14,828 posts, read 19,511,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Thank you! This is what I was getting at earlier. On a side note, scents require air for transport, so aliens that use scents must live on a planet or satellite that has a thick atmosphere to begin with (Titan?). And if aliens use microwaves to communicate, I bet they're baffled at all that noise coming from out kitchens, office break rooms, and college dorms.
Yup. Even SESAME STREET understood that communication with aliens is going to have problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ

Old 07-04-2018, 10:40 AM

71,801 posts, read 63,003,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
In just a month I read articles on organic building blocks being found on Mars and Enceledus. Then there was a report from some scientists that we appear to be the only life out here. Its like a yo yo of encouraging and disappointing news.

We have been trying for contact for decades, from the voyager probe to radio waves. They even had a program for a while where people could beam thier own messaged to space. That actually would keep them away if they recieved it though! They would be convinced we were all nuts.
I think we shouldn't be so eager to make contact with just anyone/anything from Out There. You never know what you might be inviting in, by doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or