U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 AM

2,939 posts, read 1,201,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
(1) Life will be found elsewhere in the solar system (Mars, Enceladus, Titan, Galileo), and analysis of its DNA/RNA (or whatever information propagation mechanism it uses) shows that it is unrelated to Earth's life, showing that it arose independently of Earth. That makes life elsewhere within a few hundred light years more likely, and broadens the set of conditions under which life can arise out of basic components.
My vote rests strongly with Titan, even more than Mars. It seems like in order to sustain life, a planet needs a liquid "carrier of life". On Earth, water plays that role. On Titan, methane comes in three states (solid, liquid, gas) and has a cycle, like water on Earth. Since methane is CH4, it provides ripe grounds for carbon-based life, provided it can live somewhere so cold. Mars, on the other hand, falls into a bad gray area: too cold for liquid water, too warm for liquid methane.

Plus, Titan's atmosphere is thick enough to not need a pressurized spacesuit, just protection from the cold and a breathing mask (for humans). Combined with the low gravity, it's actually possible to "swim" in mid-air. Imagine the life possibilities! Especially if aliens can split molecules to make C2H5OH out of CH4 and atomic oxygen. (Props to you if you got the joke.)

And no, you cannot destroy the entire atmosphere of Titan by lighting a match: there's isn't enough oxygen there to pull that off.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 07-05-2018 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 10:08 AM

26,399 posts, read 56,993,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
My vote rests strongly with Titan, even more than Mars.
If you haven't read it yet... look for "Saturn Run"

https://whatever.scalzi.com/2015/10/...ig-idea-ctein/

Old 07-05-2018, 10:30 AM

3,992 posts, read 3,199,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
My vote rests strongly with Titan, even more than Mars. It seems like in order to sustain life, a planet needs a liquid "carrier of life". On Earth, water plays that role. On Titan, methane comes in three states (solid, liquid, gas) and has a cycle, like water on Earth. Since methane is CH4, it provides ripe grounds for carbon-based life, provided it can live somewhere so cold. Mars, on the other hand, falls into a bad gray area: too cold for liquid water, too warm for liquid methane.

Plus, Titan's atmosphere is thick enough to not need a pressurized spacesuit, just protection from the cold and a breathing mask (for humans). Combined with the low gravity, it's actually possible to "swim" in mid-air. Imagine the life possibilities!
You're not the only one thinking along these lines. If life exists there, it will be totally alien of course - a few years back Cornell students proposed a mechanism for cell walls in Titan-based life:

Life 'not as we know it' possible on Saturn's moon Titan | Cornell Chronicle

And try searching for "colonize titan" in Bing - many are suggesting a Titan colony makes more sense than a Martian colony.

Quote:
Especially if aliens can split molecules to make C2H5OH out of CH4 and atomic oxygen. (Props to you if you got the joke.)
I'll drink to that suggestion.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:01 AM

3,941 posts, read 2,606,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
https://gizmodo.com/our-skies-are-mo...ort-1827284430

Our Skies Are More Watched Than Ever, So Why Are Reported UFO Sightings on the Decline?
Well, if we are indeed living in a computer simulation or matrix created by the future us and we're just 1's and 0's, maybe this computer simulation, that we perceive as reality, has no aliens in it!

Old 07-05-2018, 12:53 PM

5,565 posts, read 1,345,419 times
I have a sneaky feeling UFOs and aliens people report today are not actually 'beings from some other physical planet or galaxy', those types of beings may exist out there, but what we are seeing and dealing with is likely inter-dimensional beings/craft (or something similar we are not yet aware of).

Old 07-05-2018, 02:59 PM

1,930 posts, read 729,020 times
Mother ships are hovering around Earth for a eras watching us. They are not the greys but humanoid.
We have their DNA. This does not debunk religious doctrine just a different way of explaining it.
Our creators have been giving our governments clues to help us innovate and develop medicine, physics, science, and so on. Government does not disclose alien existence because we are using breakthroughs as weapons and military craft and the creators disapprove of this.
Good news is they will not allow nuclear weapons to be deployed. Although there are malevolent aliens (greys) those are not powerful like our creators. I know they are ruthless and kidnap humans.
They want to find out as much as possible about us because they covet being able to emote and must have it. Their character is that they don't feel anything and that's why they don't understand what pain is. They want to evolve.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:20 PM

1,930 posts, read 729,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have a sneaky feeling UFOs and aliens people report today are not actually 'beings from some other physical planet or galaxy', those types of beings may exist out there, but what we are seeing and dealing with is likely inter-dimensional beings/craft (or something similar we are not yet aware of).

I really like this forum and to read all the different hypotheses.
I don't deem I know better than anyone else. I have taken this road because of voracious book reading on the subject over years and have formed my own reasoning on these subjects. You may be on a different paths.
Dimensional travel is how craft jump into our plane (you know black hole, warp speed and so on). It is very difficult to do as our world is far less than a speck in the scope of creation and not easy for non-creators to find us.
Other inhabitable planets have two moons and easier to scope out because of it. But Earth a jewel of creation was only given one moon in attempt to hide her from war-like races (the dark world of Niburu for example).

Old 07-08-2018, 07:06 PM

71,801 posts, read 63,003,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
https://gizmodo.com/our-skies-are-mo...ort-1827284430

Our Skies Are More Watched Than Ever, So Why Are Reported UFO Sightings on the Decline?
Because they're realized that we're in the process of toasting the planet, and soon it will be worthless and uninhabitable, so they've moved on, in their search for habitable planets.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:39 AM

5,565 posts, read 1,345,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because they're realized that we're in the process of toasting the planet, and soon it will be worthless and uninhabitable, so they've moved on, in their search for habitable planets.
How could we even begin to speculate on what any aliens may want with our planet?! Maybe there is a resource here, that we are not even aware of its usefulness?

Point is, it could be ANYTHING, but I highly doubt it would make any sense to us.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:03 AM

916 posts, read 262,151 times
There's far too many classified govt. documents on the subject for them not to be hiding something.

NASA has even blacked out large areas of their pics of the dark side of the moon. Why would they need to black out areas if nothings there?

UFO researchers claim there are alien bases on the dark side of the moon.
A mate took video using his telescope of lights moving to & from the dark side of the moon. For a few days there was a lot of activity then it dropped off.

Considering that everything we can see & touch comes from 'star stuff' & that there's more stars in the Universe than grains of sand on Earth, there must be many intelligent lifeforms out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or