Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 07:36 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any stories about things they've lost and then found them in unexpected places, etc.? The reason I ask is because I just had a very weird experience and wondered if others did too.

A week and a half ago I was leaving work to come home and I couldn't find my keys. I knew they were there because I had dropped them into the clear plastic makeup bag I use at work for my 'stuff' when I took them out of the ignition. But they weren't. That bag hadn't left the area all day. My fellow associates watched me empty it out and no keys. We looked through the trash and all around...no keys. And, of course, my house key was on that ring as well. That wasn't too bad since my daughter lives with me and she's always home. Not that day! My neighbor helped me break into the house. lol It was a weekend, couldn't get a locksmith anywhere till Mon., my car was still parked at work and my daughter was my 'chauffer'. On Tues. they got to my car, made new keys, came and got me and I got my car back! As the guy was dropping me off he said, "And now, you'll find your keys!". And laughed. Well, guess what....

He was right! Two hours later I found them and you won't guess where. In the plastic makeup bag they disappeared from!! I had used that thing for four days, been in and out of it a dozen times AND dumped it out at least two more times over those days. So, what I want to know is where were those keys for four days and who/what caused them to disappear and reappear like that???? I, and a number of other people, can swear that those keys were NOT in that bag at any time over four days. Just the strangest thing I've ever had happen.

If I ever find out who/what did it, he/she/it owes me $180 for two new sets of keys! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 11:11 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
For future reference, if you have AAA car-club service, their top membership category will pay for a house call, for a lockout, and will make you a new key. Their ordinary-level membership will pay for car lockouts.

We had a somewhat similar object-not-where-I-left-it story last year, but people though the poster simply didn't see it, or had forgotten they'd moved it, or some such. This is a more convincing story, because other people were involved, and saw that there were no keys in your makeup bag.

I have no answer to your question, though.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Here’s my questions. Do you zip up the bag? Is it kept in a drawer or on the floor? Is the area a solid floor or carpet? Do you trust your coworkers?

I could think of a hundred scenarios.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
For future reference, if you have AAA car-club service, their top membership category will pay for a house call, for a lockout, and will make you a new key. Their ordinary-level membership will pay for car lockouts.

We had a somewhat similar object-not-where-I-left-it story last year, but people though the poster simply didn't see it, or had forgotten they'd moved it, or some such. This is a more convincing story, because other people were involved, and saw that there were no keys in your makeup bag.

I have no answer to your question, though.

I have AAA but didn't even think about calling them.

This is the strangest thing that's ever happened to me and I still wonder how it happened.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Here’s my questions. Do you zip up the bag? Is it kept in a drawer or on the floor? Is the area a solid floor or carpet? Do you trust your coworkers?

I could think of a hundred scenarios.

Believe me, I have asked myself these questions and many more! lol Yes, it's zipped up. It's in a cubby behind 'other stuff' under my register. I do trust my co workers, very much. Nobody goes around my register but me and there's no way anyone could rummage around under it without being seen instantly. Large open area. So I don't believe anyone at work had any opportunity to get into it and why would they want my keys? My wallet is also in that bag and I worry about that sometimes but so far, so good.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:15 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Believe me, I have asked myself these questions and many more! lol Yes, it's zipped up. It's in a cubby behind 'other stuff' under my register. I do trust my co workers, very much. Nobody goes around my register but me and there's no way anyone could rummage around under it without being seen instantly. Large open area. So I don't believe anyone at work had any opportunity to get into it and why would they want my keys? My wallet is also in that bag and I worry about that sometimes but so far, so good.
Oh, I was thinking about an open area like where I worked, so your purse was easily kicked, keys went flying and found a week later. If I recall correctly, something similar happened to me with work keys.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Has anyone close to you died in the last year or two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal