U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 04:55 PM

2,343 posts, read 1,565,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The theory that dogs, and other animals, can see ghosts that people cannot is a relatively new phenomena to explain why animals in films and TV shows about ghosts look at, and sometimes interact with, ghosts. It is interesting to see a phenomena created and then become so much a part of general culture that people believe it is a "the truth".
i was not aware of the dog/ghost phenomenon in movies/tv since I don't watch much of either and avoid horror in general.

I did hear a story of a friend of my daughter's whose dog would bark at a specific corner in their house most nights.. and they knew that there was a murder in their house because they got it cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM

70,234 posts, read 61,291,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The theory that dogs, and other animals, can see ghosts that people cannot is a relatively new phenomena to explain why animals in films and TV shows about ghosts look at, and sometimes interact with, ghosts. It is interesting to see a phenomena created and then become so much a part of general culture that people believe it is a "the truth".
Real live people report their pets hissing or barking at seemingly nothing, where there's been unusual activity in a house, or being frightened by something. You seem to assume that a lot of people watch shows about ghosts, but not that many do.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:44 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,837,655 times
It isn't about the age of the house though. The house I was brought up in was dated 1635 and although there were creaks as it cooled or relaxed at night, there were no extras included.

It seems to be about the events which happen in a place and whether there is attached emotion.

Old Today, 01:49 PM

9,366 posts, read 14,604,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDesign View Post
She will be in this apt until mid August. Not that much longer. Funny enough she is moving into a home that is somewhere around 100 years old with four other friends. The landlord of that home is completely renovating it. It used to be a fraternity house. I hope the new place doesn’t have any residents other than the girls moving in. Visually it “looks” like an old haunted house LOL! Time will tell. The apt she is in is only about 15 years old or less. No idea if it’s history.
Try researching the address. Google the address, plus history, crime, haunting, etc and see what comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or