U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2018, 08:08 AM
 
Location: London, U.K.
88 posts, read 22,712 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Hi Tallysmom,


I loved Donald Duck in Math World, you do have to be slightly flaky to study all this ha ha!


I'll try to give more info on weather soon!


The blog below is my own work about sacred geometry, and Phi, i hope the link works:-


https://wintertriangle.wordpress.com...cred-geometry/


Please tap on images twice after pause to make larger.....it is my master key shape for Phi that seems very similar to Mandelbrot set initial image.

Last edited by Derek Smith; 07-10-2018 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 AM
 
Location: London, U.K.
88 posts, read 22,712 times
Reputation: 66
Hi Ocpaul20,


I know you want more info on weather patterns but it is very complex in an area that i'm not an expert!


It is called "Chaos Theory" or "The Butterfly Effect", there is humour attached to video below:-



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uslcwRF1Rdw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Status: "Semi-Retired" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Greenville, SC (as of 9.27.18)
3,995 posts, read 3,203,908 times
Reputation: 7291
The first symposium on chaos theory was held in New York in 1977. I was taking graduate studies in environmental sciences at the University of Virginia at the time, and the prevailing thought was that inaccuracies in weather prediction were a sampling problem: if we had sufficient sampling points, our weather predictions would be highly accurate. It turns out we now know that even small changes in initial conditions can make accurate long-term predictions of the behavior of a complex system (like the weather) impossible. Hence, the notion that a butterfly flapping its wings in Malaysia could eventually affect the weather on the other side of the globe.

Here's an explanation of Lorenz attractors and what they have to do with chaos theory for those who want to do a deeper dive on the topic:

https://youtu.be/Rz2yEMeKZuE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM
 
Location: PRC
2,668 posts, read 2,930,649 times
Reputation: 2428
Thanks you all for your contributions. It is comfortable to have a more structured discipline such as math or chaos theory within which to think of the weather and but as it is turning out, there are so many unknown environmental factors, it makes it most difficult to predict the future way these will turn out.

My concept of the weather is one where the environment seems to be able to be manipulated by some factors. Wilhelm Reich was one such person who found he could change the weather using his orgone tubes.
I know the Chinese claimed to have been able to keep the rain away from the 2008 Olympics and I have no doubt that other countries are working at modifying the weather too. Possibly this is what the HAARP electrical structure in Alaska is used for but I only know of the rumoured progress has been made by the governments towards prediction or weather modifications.

As I said at the start, I feel now that there are certain things which can influence the environment and weather and push it towards one way or another and maybe these structures are one way to do that. Reading about the orgone tubes, it certain seems that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
I am interested in sacred geometry which basically means to me that any geometrical shape which may have an effect on its environment. My interest is in mandalas, crosses, any symbols which can be shown to effect our surroundings.
It is rumoured that these shapes and structures have an impact on the landscape and environment not just that they exist in math or science but that they actually do have some real effect - maybe even as drawings on paper or as crop circles on the landscape.

It is not accepted by orthodox science at the moment, but I believe the Russians have probably done science which confirms this kind of effect is real because historically they tend to be more open to this kind of possibility and they were the ones who pushed the US government into Remote Viewing research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 08:18 AM
 
Location: London, U.K.
88 posts, read 22,712 times
Reputation: 66
Hi Ocpaul20,


Your interest reminds me of the inspiration behind Kate Bush's song Cloudbusting, being Wilhelm Reich, who built a weather machine, links below:-


The story behind Kate Bush


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 08:41 AM
 
Location: London, U.K.
88 posts, read 22,712 times
Reputation: 66
As i have said, i have been interested in Pentagons and Pentagrams from the time of being a small boy, much later i developed an interest in archaeoastronomy, this means i also studied astrology.


To get pentagrams on a birth chart you need to use quintiles being 72 degree angles and bi-quintiles being 144 degree angles to aspects or planets. I was astonished to find nearly two pentagrams on my chart that is very rare, chart on attachment please left tap on it several times to make larger.
Attached Thumbnails
Sacred Geometry anyone?-picture-5.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 10:30 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
71,822 posts, read 63,059,855 times
Reputation: 67228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
My concept of the weather is one where the environment seems to be able to be manipulated by some factors. Wilhelm Reich was one such person who found he could change the weather using his orgone tubes.
I know the Chinese claimed to have been able to keep the rain away from the 2008 Olympics and I have no doubt that other countries are working at modifying the weather too. Possibly this is what the HAARP electrical structure in Alaska is used for but I only know of the rumoured progress has been made by the governments towards prediction or weather modification.
HAARP has nothing to do with the weather. It's set up to investigate the possibility of utilizing the Earth's ionosphere to enhance radio communications and surveillance. The government gave up on the research, and sold the facility to the U of AK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2018, 05:06 PM
 
Location: PRC
2,668 posts, read 2,930,649 times
Reputation: 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
HAARP has nothing to do with the weather. It's set up to investigate the possibility of utilizing the Earth's ionosphere to enhance radio communications and surveillance.
Yeah...right. I said "possibly" because many people believe HAARP is used to direct energy around the world and possibly even cause earthquakes too. It is well known that universities do a lot of research for governments so I can understand if the University of Alaska are going to run it as a research centre.

So when you say it has nohing to do with the weather, how do you know and where do the government do their weather modification research?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Status: "Semi-Retired" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Greenville, SC (as of 9.27.18)
3,995 posts, read 3,203,908 times
Reputation: 7291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So when you say it has nohing to do with the weather, how do you know and where do the government do their weather modification research?
I took a course in weather modification at the University of Virginia team taught by Dr. Joanne Simpson and other professors involved in weather modification projects for the government. Dr. Simpson was the director of Project Stormfury which attempted to use cloud seeding to weaken tropical hurricanes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stormfury

She also pretty much single-handedly invented the field of cloud physics in the 1950s. The takeaway from her course were: weather modification effects (if any) are too small to warrant the time and money needed to do them - in large part because the power inherent in a single hurricane dwarfs our abilities to affect its course.

As far as I know, that was pretty much the end of government research on weather modification - it's not worth the effort. Another one of my courses was cloud physics -- and there's absolutely nothing about HAARP that would affect the formation of weather systems as I understand it. A quote from the Wikipedia page on HAARP:

Quote:
Even though the power HAARP radiates is very large, it's minuscule compared with the power of a lightning flash—and there are 50 to 100 lightning flashes every second. HAARP's intensity is very small."
There was a ridiculous proposal at one point to drop nuclear bombs into a hurricane to disperse it. This in fact would have had no effect -- the power in a single hurricane dwarfs the power of all the nuclear bombs ever exploded.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/en...arthquake1.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 12:27 PM
 
5,586 posts, read 1,355,454 times
Reputation: 4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I took a course in weather modification at the University of Virginia team taught by Dr. Joanne Simpson and other professors involved in weather modification projects for the government. Dr. Simpson was the director of Project Stormfury which attempted to use cloud seeding to weaken tropical hurricanes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stormfury

She also pretty much single-handedly invented the field of cloud physics in the 1950s. The takeaway from her course were: weather modification effects (if any) are too small to warrant the time and money needed to do them - in large part because the power inherent in a single hurricane dwarfs our abilities to affect its course.

As far as I know, that was pretty much the end of government research on weather modification - it's not worth the effort. Another one of my courses was cloud physics -- and there's absolutely nothing about HAARP that would affect the formation of weather systems as I understand it. A quote from the Wikipedia page on HAARP:

There was a ridiculous proposal at one point to drop nuclear bombs into a hurricane to disperse it. This in fact would have had no effect -- the power in a single hurricane dwarfs the power of all the nuclear bombs ever exploded.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/en...arthquake1.htm
Did they ever discuss Orgone in any of those classes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top