Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:17 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,797,658 times

Advertisements

Several people have proposed that we are nothing but farm animals in some huge experiment for some ET scientist race, and this is our purpose in life - to be a lab rat.

Religions and beliefs have sprung up as a result of various encounters with the ET race, taking a sample here or doing a bit of weeding there.

To me this seems the most likely scenario and our sad little daily life is no more than a kids ant farm, each "ant" just doing its thing and being an "ant". Although we dont live underground, we go to work. We build our structures the same, we interact with other 'ants' the same, we collect our food the same and we wage wars the same. As above, so below.

What else could describe the meaning of our sad existence here on Earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM

88 posts, read 58,691 times
Hi Ocpaul20,

I think you could study Phi, Golden Ratio, Golden Mean, Golden Spiral, or Fibonacci Number, i have no idea if math is your thing though!

It is a ratio or a set of numbers that is in all living things, and a lot of the universe in general, it could give you the impression that this is signs of a creator without religion.

Usually the ratio is shown in graphs, like a pentagon or spiral, so can be difficult to understand if you haven't studied this for a long time, below are two links to get you started:-

https://www.livescience.com/37704-phi-golden-ratio.html

The Golden Spiral: Complex Geometries in Nature - WebEcoist

Old 06-29-2018, 11:09 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,899,014 times
Whether one chooses to live a life full of meaning or view human existence as absurd is a choice, plain and simple. Everyone is responsible for their own choices, including whether they view life as meaningless or full of meaning. Find your meaning, or make it.

Read "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, and "The Beethoven Factor" by Paul Pearsall.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,205,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What else could describe the meaning of our sad existence here on Earth?
Well, an Ant Farm where the Creator and Observer feeeeeels each and every thought and emotion...
each triumph and tragedy, each sorrow and every joy, all the loves lost and renewed.
When You are all alone...The Only One....You create 'us' to feel all that there is to experience...7 miles beneath the ocean and at the top of a snow covered mountain or holding a puppy.
"Be all that you can be"....God's motto!

Then, wait to see who notices You..and feel Your Sacred Heart swell.

2 good books mentioned.

Life is way more fun when you read and understand

''The Game of Life and How to Play it" Catherine Ponder...or is it Florence Scovel Shinn. lol!....any of their books will help a person in this life to have fun...to be here and not know the formula or rules of engagement is a bummer, I agree...been there!

Old 06-29-2018, 05:43 PM

18,837 posts, read 14,021,500 times
. . .
The meaning of life is life. Without life there is no meaning. The goal of life is more abundant life. Life is an endless struggle against extinction by a hostile inanimate universe.
. . .
As to the incessant struggle between predators and their prey, that's a different topic entirely.
Tolerance of predators is unmerciful to their next victim.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:39 PM

So, comments from a couple of science types, a religious type, and some others. It is interesting to see what people use as their reason for existence or what drives the world we live in. Anyone who is deeply involved in the paranormal for more than a few years must have some kind of belief in something else... and I would expect folks on this forum to have that deep system of beliefs.

Although I expressed the view that we are farm animals for some other race, I think that may only be part of the answer. What if there is another level of control above the 'farmers' and they are subject to the same relationship with their 'god'? What I am saying is that whatever put the 'farmers' here also allowed us to be created here too and it does not really matter to us as the 'ants' if the 'farmers' created us or if the 'god' created us.

Quote:
As to the incessant struggle between predators and their prey, that's a different topic entirely.
Tolerance of predators is unmerciful to their next victim.
Just like we cull deer, or slaughter cows/pigs/sheep/chickens for food, so too the 'farmer/scientist' ETs may cull us. Our scientists often kill their test subjects after the experiment is over. We really dont know whether they are our predators or not. I suspect that if there are ETs, then some races probably eat meat and human meat is as good as any other. Certainly, there are some really plump meaty McDonald humans around these days and the sickly ones may as well get eaten as go to waste. Who knows where all the missing people who are never found go to?

Old 06-30-2018, 07:24 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,974,870 times
When I think about life I think about the bacteria in a Petri dish. To check what germs are present in a controlled environment technicians will expose the right agar, in a Petri dish, and incubate the dish for a set length of time. Bacterial colonies will start to grow and can be identified. However, if the incubation continued, the bacteria would consume all the food and water and die.

To humans our world is our Petri dish. While we have created modern marvels; we are in the same boat as the bacteria in the Petri dish. It has yet to be proven if we are any smarter than the bacteria; we both could share the same fate. The battle cry of 'Go forth and multiply' could really mean 'multiply and die'?

As for any all seeing gracious aliens; the protection of their own species would be their reason to expand the limits of their own planet. If they spend the energy to come this far; they are here to create a new home for themselves and not us!

Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,456,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Several people have proposed that we are nothing but farm animals in some huge experiment for some ET scientist race, and this is our purpose in life - to be a lab rat.
I want to talk to THOSE people, not the middleman.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I want to talk to THOSE people, not the middleman.
So do I, but not many of them post on here and you and I probably frighten a few away too with our sarcastic comments.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,429,062 times
This is called Panspermia. Im on the fence about whether I totally believe this though. I think there is evidence to support such a thing, but we are not privy to all the details.

Im not saying I believe this, but I have read numerous times, mankind was created as a slave race, not so much as an experiment, I could see this being possible, generally we are a pretty obedient race and easily controlled and manipulated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal