Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 04:39 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times

Advertisements

Hello:

Since December, I have become a massive fan of the Travel Channel’s long-running hit series “Ghost Adventures”...I feel that they have captured some of the most surreal, unexplainable, indisputable pieces of evidence for ghosts, demons, spirits, etc., of anyone or anything going.

My question for fellow followers of the show is simply, what is (are) your favorite episode(s) in the 15+ season’s of the show? And why?

I am currently watching the Los Coches Adobe episode and that is one of my favorite episodes.

Other of my favorites:

-Myrtles Plantation (likely-ghost pushes ball down steps on command)
-Hell Hope Prison (“ghost band” shows up on stage via Kinect motion imaging)
-Goldfield, AZ (ghost interacts on EMF reader intelligently for a lengthy period)
-De Soto Hotel - El Paso (ghost pushes stationary ceiling fan off of ledge)
-Stone Lion Inn (poltergeist activity: ghost opens door on camera and then slams it on command)
-Phelps Dodge Hospital: (spooky, freaky intelligent ghostly interactions throughout)

Those are just a few off the top of my head. There are others.

Yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 05:35 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Hello:

Since December, I have become a massive fan of the Travel Channel’s long-running hit series “Ghost Adventures”...I feel that they have captured some of the most surreal, unexplainable, indisputable pieces of evidence for ghosts, demons, spirits, etc., of anyone or anything going.

My question for fellow followers of the show is simply, what is (are) your favorite episode(s) in the 15+ season’s of the show? And why?

I am currently watching the Los Coches Adobe episode and that is one of my favorite episodes.

Other of my favorites:

-Goldfield, AZ (ghost interacts on EMF reader intelligently for a lengthy period)
-Stone Lion Inn (poltergeist activity: ghost opens door on camera and then slams it on command)
-Phelps Dodge Hospital: (spooky, freaky intelligent ghostly interactions throughout)

Yours?
What a cool thread! I’m a long time fan of the guys, they made so many amazing episodes.

Your choices are great, I’d add

-Queen Mary- visited there, loved it, the guys did a bang up investigation
-Waverly Hills-never heard of the place before that episode, very creepy place
-Ancient Ram Inn- had to chuckle when that old guy was leering about the night visits from the witch, good episode though
-Linda Vista Hospital- Nick got the fright of his life
-Bobby Mackeys- one of the scariest episodes IMO. There is something evil there for sure,the place has a bad history
-Alcatraz-visited it, glad they did an episode,I picked up some bad vibes there
-Villisca Axe Murder House-this one creeped me out, I was worried for Zak, wouldn’t go near the place

Last edited by Taz22; 07-06-2018 at 05:53 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 08:47 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,238 times
Quote:
Hello:

Other of my favorites:

Yours?

The shows with Nick he seemed to tone down Zaks personality. I still watch it even though I miss the atmosphere of the older shows. The lockdown, smaller crew and sitting down at the end of the episode with the people talking about what was captured and what they experienced.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:35 AM

Interesting responses thus far!...they triggered a few additional thoughts of my own:

The Linda Vista Hospital (the first one) episode was one of my favorite early season episodes! Even though Nick didn’t capture the apparition on camera, his reaction combined with his and Aaron’s cameras freezing was spooky for sure, as was the whole episode.

There was also a lot of intelligent spirit interaction in the Waverly Hills episode, another one of my favorite early season episodes.

Intelligent EVPs and Spirit Box responses are cool for sure, but something really causes me to freak out when a spirit intelligently responds via EMF readers, EM pumps, etc., or making an object move on command (such as a ball or a door).

In terms of “new” Ghost Adventures versus “old” ones, it seems many people often say they prefer the episodes when Nick Groff was still on the show, and I myself am torn. I certainly believe Nick made Zak be a braver investigator since: a) Zak couldn’t just boss Nick around like he can Aaron, Billy, and Jay; and, b) Nick is a pretty unemotional, courageous investigator so Zak kind of had to suck it up more (and not be so emotional and dramatic).

However, I do think that the advances in technology have made newer seasons somewhat more compelling as well. It seemed that the first few seasons relied on EVPs via digital recorders, EMF readers, and hearing bangs/disembodied voices. Things like the Spirit Box’s emergence really helped, but my favorite more recent piece of technology is the Structured Light Sensor (SLS) Camera: the ability to now “see” spirits via the infrared laser/Kinetic mapping feature - and often getting them to intelligently interact (“raise your hand please”) really has brought a whole new dimension to the show.

I am also a fan of their recent-season “talking EVP” device. While it would seem to be very similar to the Ovilous, the PX, and the Paranormal Puck (all of which at least to me seem to have shakier spirit-validating “science” behind them), I have been astonished often at how relevant and spot-on so many of their responses with the Talking EVP device have been. My favorite episode with the Talking EVP device was the recent Dodge Phelps Hospital episode...they got a lot of super creepy and seemingly spot-on messages from it in that episode.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:47 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,610 times
Quote:
Interesting responses thus far!...they triggered a few additional thoughts of my own:

The Linda Vista Hospital (the first one) episode was one of my favorite early season episodes! Even though Nick didn’t capture the apparition on camera, his reaction combined with his and Aaron’s cameras freezing was spooky for sure, as was the whole episode.

There was also a lot of intelligent spirit interaction in the Waverly Hills episode, another one of my favorite early season episodes.

Intelligent EVPs and Spirit Box responses are cool for sure, but something really causes me to freak out when a spirit intelligently responds via EMF readers, EM pumps, etc., or making an object move on command (such as a ball or a door).

In terms of “new” Ghost Adventures versus “old” ones, it seems many people often say they prefer the episodes when Nick Groff was still on the show, and I myself am torn. I certainly believe Nick made Zak be a braver investigator since: a) Zak couldn’t just boss Nick around like he can Aaron, Billy, and Jay; and, b) Nick is a pretty unemotional, courageous investigator so Zak kind of had to suck it up more (and not be so emotional and dramatic).

However, I do think that the advances in technology have made newer seasons somewhat more compelling as well. It seemed that the first few seasons relied on EVPs via digital recorders, EMF readers, and hearing bangs/disembodied voices. Things like the Spirit Box’s emergence really helped, but my favorite more recent piece of technology is the Structured Light Sensor (SLS) Camera: the ability to now “see” spirits via the infrared laser/Kinetic mapping feature - and often getting them to intelligently interact (“raise your hand please”) really has brought a whole new dimension to the show.

I am also a fan of their recent-season “talking EVP” device. While it would seem to be very similar to the Ovilous, the PX, and the Paranormal Puck (all of which at least to me seem to have shakier spirit-validating “science” behind them), I have been astonished often at how relevant and spot-on so many of their responses with the Talking EVP device have been. My favorite episode with the Talking EVP device was the recent Dodge Phelps Hospital episode...they got a lot of super creepy and seemingly spot-on messages from it in that episode.
I also prefer the old episodes with Nick, Aaron and Zak. The chemistry was there for sure and the guys all had their place and it fit. As you said, Nick has a different personality than Zak, and it made for good viewing. The new guys, Billy and Jay are good, but it’s not the same. It was a totally different Nick in the Linda Vista episode, never saw him so scared.

They’ve had some amazing tech advances since the early years! I’ve been impressed with the Ovilous and it keeps getting better. With the talking EVP devise, things are at a new level. It becomes really hard to disprove the existence of spirits. That’s what got me hooked on the show, Zak was always skeptical and tried as hard to disprove as he did to prove. These days, there dosen’t seem to be much doubt.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:26 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Series 12 Episode 12 Stardust Ranch is a good one where they investigate and (perhaps) see an alien. The guy at Stardust Ranch claimed there were abductions taking place there.

I would like to see some of the ghost TV shows move on from ghost hunting to alien abductions and to try and document those for us.

It would be a totally new kind of show and help support the belief in abductions which many claim. It would also give the hunters the same kind of 'rush' of adrenalin they used to get when hunting ghosts at the start of their investigations.

I think this is the new direction our TV investigations should be going.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I also prefer the old episodes with Nick, Aaron and Zak. The chemistry was there for sure and the guys all had their place and it fit. As you said, Nick has a different personality than Zak, and it made for good viewing. The new guys, Billy and Jay are good, but it’s not the same.
I think Zak is talented and I think overall he does a good job and it seems like he means well/is a decent dude. However, Nick was the co-founder/co-producer; thus even though Zak was the on-screen presence as the host, Zak kind of needed to be more equitable/fair, etc. Plus, Groff’s even keel and lack of major emotional swings (usually) and overall bravery kind of made Zak suck it up to not look like a boob next to Nick.

Now, while as you say, Aaron, Billy, and Jay are all talented and good on the show too, Zak is really the alpha dog/lead guy. Zak tends to now become a super drama queen in nearly every episode he’s in which is annoying: dude you aren’t possessed, you are just super scared and being dramatic. To be ideal, a person like Zak needs someone there to give it back to him/push back, and with Nick gone that dynamic just does not exist any more.

Quote:
It becomes really hard to disprove the existence of spirits. That’s what got me hooked on the show, Zak was always skeptical and tried as hard to disprove as he did to prove. These days, there dosen’t seem to be much doubt.
Bingo!! Nail on the head!!

I did not start watching any Ghost Adventures until NY Eve this past year - only about a 1/2 year ago. When I started watching, I probably was open to the Paranormal, however I truly did not believe in ghosts or spirits or that they exist, etc.

However, now after watching a majority of all GA episodes, I think it is virtually impossible to NOT believe in ghosts/spirits/etc.

I am sorry, the only way they could capture a “band” “performing” on stage at the Hell Hole Prison with the Kinect imaging technology was that there were ghosts upntheir performing (and acknowledging their feedback). The only way a ball could be kicked violently down the stairs at the Myrtles Plantation on command or the door slam shut on command at the Stone Lion Inn in Oklahoma literally is ghosts/spirits. You can not objectively watch that show and come to any other conclusion.

Of course, skeptics would try to excuse those examples as being 100% staged/faked/Hollywood-style. However, first off, it is well known that the Travel Channel’s contract for the show stipulates that nothing can be forged or faked. Secondly, the show has been going strong for 15+ seasons; if they faked evidence, it would have leaked (or more) a long time ago as people cannot keep their collective yappers shut (this is a main reason that I deny many/most conspiracy theories...for the most part, if a major conspiracy would have been pulled off, people wouldn’t take long to start talking about it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal