Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You're referring to this, I presume:

I've yet to see a pointer to the origin of this claim outside the NYT article, which has been shown to contain one hoax concocted by reporters, putting the believability of the whole article in question. I can't even find the briefing summary they're claiming exists. All I see are articles by reporters citing sources that they don't provide links to.

I can tell you one disaster we're incapable of defending against that doesn't require technology beyond what's currently available: if a bad actor like North Korea or Iran developed the ability to lob a missile tipped with a nuclear warhead over the U.S. and explode it at a high altitude, they could destroy our communication grid and essentially put our technology back in the 19th century. The results would be catastrophic.

As a taxpayer, I'd rather see us spending money on hardening our tech against these kinds of attacks, and against solar flares and asteroid impacts than on advanced alien threats that may or may not exist.
Maybe this had something to do with Trump talking about a Space Force recently...ever consider that, Govt may have details on various threats they withhold from the public (for national security reasons)?

The briefing summary is 490 pages long, it is titled 'The Advanced Aerospace/Aviation Threat Identification Program'. It is classified and not accessible to the public (Ive tried to obtain this thru FOIA). The rejection letter states it is a DIA report, the rejection letter also referred to 'EBEs', 'CTBEs', and some others Ive never heard of, all being exempt from FOIA. They did admit this report exists and they did find it, where it is and what agency has it, so that is interesting too.

** Actually the rejection letter itself is pretty interesting, in that they clearly mention the things they are keeping secret, and why!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
How many go unreported?

I don't know, but I've seen three that I never reported, all in the daytime.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:43 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
So, just because I'm curious:

If I do see a UFO, where should I report it?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Maybe this had something to do with Trump talking about a Space Force recently...ever consider that, Govt may have details on various threats they withhold from the public (for national security reasons)?
I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean the threats have anything to do with extraterrestrial attacks or that they have hard evidence of the presence of aliens in our skies.

Quote:
** Actually the rejection letter itself is pretty interesting, in that they clearly mention the things they are keeping secret, and why!
Why would they blow their cover in a rejection letter to you, when past statements have said things like:

“The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public’s eye.”

Saying "EBEs exist" and "if we knew EBEs exist we wouldn't tell you" are two different things. The first is an admission of existence, the second is a statement of policy.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:58 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

The briefing summary is 490 pages long, it is titled 'The Advanced Aerospace/Aviation Threat Identification Program'. It is classified and not accessible to the public (Ive tried to obtain this thru FOIA). The rejection letter states it is a DIA report, the rejection letter also referred to 'EBEs', 'CTBEs', and some others Ive never heard of, all being exempt from FOIA. They did admit this report exists and they did find it, where it is and what agency has it, so that is interesting too.

Will you photograph and post a copy of the rejection letter?

Old 08-15-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Will you photograph and post a copy of the rejection letter?
I'd be curious to see the exact wording, too.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
I'd be curious to see the exact wording, too.
I think that maybe the believers have their Holly Grail: https://www.tampabay.com/news/scienc...nter_170882935. Of course it has yet to be explored. If it follows the same path of the other 'Cooper's Treasure' episodes; it might be two or more seasons before we see this find (it is a find). It sounds interesting, but the show sounded interesting, until it got boring for me. I am getting to the point where I hate being lead without seeing any of the claims. Millions in treasure, but if you show your goodies first; you do not have a program. Kind of like the Oak Island Treasure and celebrating the discovery of one coin or locket.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course it has yet to be explored. If it follows the same path of the other 'Cooper's Treasure' episodes; it might be two or more seasons before we see this find (it is a find). It sounds interesting, but the show sounded interesting, until it got boring for me.
I think I'll wait for a season or two on that one. These shows are becoming the video equivalent of clickbait: you click through fifty pages of ads and end up hating yourself for wasting the time.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:17 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
I think I'll wait for a season or two on that one. These shows are becoming the video equivalent of clickbait: you click through fifty pages of ads and end up hating yourself for wasting the time.

In the movie: "Independence Day" maybe one of the Hollywood props ended up in the ocean? Of course digital props do not show up good on sonar! An underwater sunken city would be an interesting find.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Most people automatically eliminate "the explainable". I have never known anyone to first think "Well obviously, it's an alien spaceship." when they see some lights in the sky.

That is NOT how the human mind works.

I am confident that I know at least as much about "how the human mind works" as any poster on CD - and more than many.

Many people do not have fixed personal beliefs that need to be confirmed. I know of no one who actively seeks out such experiences.

Most every paranormal investigator attempts to find a natural cause for the events. Debunking is the very first step in an investigation.
Sheena this totally contradicts your earlier post where you condemned people for trying to "eliminate the explainable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I would agree. There is so much judgement surrounding the unexplained - including UFOs, that many people choose to protect themselves from being called crazy.

Or answering questions like "Are you sure it wasn't a plane?" and "Did your have the electricity in your house checked out?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal