Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 12:42 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times

Advertisements

I still remember the story one of my friends told me when he had his telescope out one night. All around him he could hear the grass rustling and something thumping. He'd turn his red flashlight on and - nothing. Silence. Red flashlights aren't too bright. But when he turned it off, the noise started again.

Finally he went and got a large white flashlight and turned it on. And all around him in the grass were rabbits. All jumping and playing around him.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:12 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I still remember the story one of my friends told me when he had his telescope out one night. All around him he could hear the grass rustling and something thumping. He'd turn his red flashlight on and - nothing. Silence. Red flashlights aren't too bright. But when he turned it off, the noise started again.

Finally he went and got a large white flashlight and turned it on. And all around him in the grass were rabbits. All jumping and playing around him.

Deer love to stomp their foot when agitated or to warn of a predator. I have played 'stompy foot' with them many times. They stomp at me because of where I am at and I stomp at them because of where they are at. Sometimes you can 'play' for a long time. It all depends on how finicky the deer are that you're playing with. Sometimes you can also trade snort for snort! Let the good times roll!

Old 09-02-2018, 03:46 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
I know of people that had crap tested and it came back as unknown primate. I had a BF take a dump early morning next to my Bronco. A cold October morning and it was shiny and still steaming. Why would i want to test it? I know what made it. No one else except people that do go out in the areas will believe me and then i will be the butt of crap jokes etc. I have been told by a few that when you mail in samples to be tested then you never here back from them.

Are you aware that there are only two labs in the USA licensed to process anything Primate?

Solid evidence? Search and you can read about large grain feeders for wildlife containing 6 tons of grain; being pushed over and rolled about a 1/4 mile away and then smashed. . This was a huge game reserve about 12 miles from the nearest road.They already knew BF are around.

How about chewed knawed animal leg bones with square tooth scrapes.

You will never believe anything you see including a body(the naysayers will say it is fake somehow) unless you go for yourself. Fantastic fun for those not faint a heart.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I know of people that had crap tested and it came back as unknown primate. I had a BF take a dump early morning next to my Bronco. A cold October morning and it was shiny and still steaming. Why would i want to test it? I know what made it. No one else except people that do go out in the areas will believe me and then i will be the butt of crap jokes etc. I have been told by a few that when you mail in samples to be tested then you never here back from them.

Are you aware that there are only two labs in the USA licensed to process anything Primate?

Solid evidence? Search and you can read about large grain feeders for wildlife containing 6 tons of grain; being pushed over and rolled about a 1/4 mile away and then smashed. . This was a huge game reserve about 12 miles from the nearest road.They already knew BF are around.

How about chewed knawed animal leg bones with square tooth scrapes.

You will never believe anything you see including a body(the naysayers will say it is fake somehow) unless you go for yourself. Fantastic fun for those not faint a heart.

The reason that there are only two labs that process primate is because we no longer do primate research. However; how many colleges and universities turn out geneticist every year. Some of those young geneticist do believe in BF and would love a chance to get their name in the hall of fame for producing the evidence that proves BF once and for all. Many colleges and universities have the equipment available to run the DNA (how do you think we train our geneticist)? It is just the matter of calling the colleges and universities and asking if anybody will help.

The problem with BF believers is there is no evidence. If somebody truly had that evidence the world would know. You would find somebody that would authenticate what you found.

So here we go with campfire stores and nothing to show for your efforts! If that bone was chewed by BF; then it had DNA. If that was BF dump and not bear dump; then it had DNA - but, as usual, you prefer to tell the story without the proof.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:21 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So we have a trucker report of a very large "brown mass" (quoted from your link) that he felt moved fast; but he was so far away that it had to be ten feet tall. This is the problem we have with many of these reports; they lack good photos and they lack corroborating evidence.

Everyone has good cameras now with them all the time but good photos of bigfoot are as rare as they were in the 1970's.
Why?

Old 09-02-2018, 07:01 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Everyone has good cameras now with them all the time but good photos of bigfoot are as rare as they were in the 1970's.
Why?
Anyone with any photo gets laughed at etc. Les Stroud of Survivorman posted photos that i linked on this site and they were laughed at.

There are photos and plenty of them. Why set your self up for some Mope to come along and laugh at you?No money in it.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Why?

While bear with injured front feet and legs are fairly scare; we still get clear pictures of them walking on two feet. For BF; they go back to the 1967 and the Patterson film (which was not that clear and has plenty of controversy surrounding it). Good evidence is the one thing desperately lacking on the 'believer' side of this argument.

I acknowledge that many have reported seeing something. Many, like the two truck drivers we are talking about in this thread, do not commit themselves to saying it was BF. It is very obvious that some have reservations about what they think they saw. It's like UFO's and everybody saying alien spacecraft while that is not what UFO stands for; it stands for Unidentified Flying Object. There are certain groups that grab onto any sighting and try to use it as evidence to prove their point. Bumps in the night do not mean BF, or piles of scat or gnawed bones without analysis.

Our world gets smaller everyday as you point out with good cameras. There is no reason, other than they do not exist, to have great pictures. It isn't only that so many have good cameras; think of how many always have their cameras in their hands!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While bear with injured front feet and legs are fairly scare; we still get clear pictures of them walking on two feet. For BF; they go back to the 1967 and the Patterson film (which was not that clear and has plenty of controversy surrounding it). Good evidence is the one thing desperately lacking on the 'believer' side of this argument.

I acknowledge that many have reported seeing something. Many, like the two truck drivers we are talking about in this thread, do not commit themselves to saying it was BF. It is very obvious that some have reservations about what they think they saw. It's like UFO's and everybody saying alien spacecraft while that is not what UFO stands for; it stands for Unidentified Flying Object. There are certain groups that grab onto any sighting and try to use it as evidence to prove their point. Bumps in the night do not mean BF, or piles of scat or gnawed bones without analysis.

Our world gets smaller everyday as you point out with good cameras. There is no reason, other than they do not exist, to have great pictures. It isn't only that so many have good cameras; think of how many always have their cameras in their hands!

Exactly. Photos and videos of things known to exist have gone up exponentially. Which is what you would expect. However with unexplained phenomenon the quality of the video and photos has not improved at all. I think it would be amazing if this sort of thing was real but the lack of videos is a huge red flag.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Anyone with any photo gets laughed at etc. Les Stroud of Survivorman posted photos that i linked on this site and they were laughed at.

There are photos and plenty of them. Why set your self up for some Mope to come along and laugh at you?No money in it.

Short of capturing or killing one of them or finding their remains people will be skeptical. I did look at the Les Stroud and Todd Standing photos and videos. They are quite compelling. I also read some experts take on the videos and photos and they made some very good points that cast doubt to their authenticity. There is also motivation by a bigfoot hunter to deliver the goods one way or another once in a while. I can't prove 100% that they are fake but I have serious doubts.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:02 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Why?
The night I stepped out onto my front porch & heard a noise like rocks tumbling down on top of me; I had a camera ... in my hand (cell phone) but it sounded just like someone on my roof had tipped a wheelbarrow full of medium sized stones up, so I put my arms up over my head & tried to back up under the eaves. I fully expected to be bonked by a rock at any second so I wasn’t even thinking there was a reason to have my camera ready.

But nothing fell. Not even a pebble. Just as I started to bring my arms down I was startled by another unusual sound: That sound a kite makes in the air if it has those long tails & the wind is starting to gust. Like a ripple. But it was also, coming from above me on the roof.

It was after midnight, in a small neighborhood on the very western border of Colorado Springs city limits. Less than a mile from national forest & about half a mile from the Garden of the Gods.

(GoG, is now a National Landmark but it had been for centuries; a crossroads for the nomadic tribes of the Native Americans. According to local stories, the immense sandstone formations were considered sacred ground and that meant that even rival tribes laid down their weapons when entering the Garden of the Gods.)

Directly behind GOG, is the 14,000+ Pikes Peak & an almost vertical wall of the Rocky Mountains which is very rugged & impassible. So it was exceedingly dark but with a moonlit sky. At this point; I hadn’t seen anything yet that I could have pointed a camera at.

The ripple sound lasted about 15 seconds, as I was just bringing down my arms, when suddenly there was a clap of thunder, so loud it pulsated in my eardrums but the weird thing was, is that I was pushed by a wall of air ... & fell backwards into the door.

I then had about 8 seconds to visualize anything that could have been photographed but it would have just been a silhouette of a massive winged ... thing, that glided over me on the porch, the tree in the front yard & as it passed over my neighbors roof it let out a piercing shriek/croak.

And I still, had that dumb phone in my hand. I just stood there for about 20 minutes. I stood there & said to myself over & over “That did not just happen. Nope. Didn’t happen”.

For an entire year, I was in denial & it never crossed my mind but now; I can tell you that people who would worry about taking a picture during that experience would likely not be alive right now & instead would be found draped in the tree tops, just like the cows are just south of here in Las Animas county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal