Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 02:02 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,565,894 times

Advertisements

To get to the other side.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 PM

30,079 posts, read 11,684,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

But, like I have told my nemesis; I would love for somebody to prove the existence of BF, Nessie, or any of the creatures I have been told about since I was a child.

I agree. Bigfoot, UFO's, Lock Ness etc have been of great interest of to me since childhood. Of course at say 8 years old when I watched a documentary about UFO's it all seemed obviously true, same for bigfoot. I had no doubts. But I have grown more cynical over the years. Mostly due to getting into business and dealing with people from time to time that were deceptive to say the least. You could call them snake oil salesman I suppose. Some of the Bigfoot and UFO promoters remind me a lot of some of those I have dealt with in business.

They are people that genuinely believe this stuff then there are people looking for fame and profit. I was in the first camp when I was young so I can understand feeling that way.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:59 PM

18,768 posts, read 18,080,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree. Bigfoot, UFO's, Lock Ness etc have been of great interest of to me since childhood. Of course at say 8 years old when I watched a documentary about UFO's it all seemed obviously true, same for bigfoot. I had no doubts. But I have grown more cynical over the years. Mostly due to getting into business and dealing with people from time to time that were deceptive to say the least. You could call them snake oil salesman I suppose. Some of the Bigfoot and UFO promoters remind me a lot of some of those I have dealt with in business.

They are people that genuinely believe this stuff then there are people looking for fame and profit. I was in the first camp when I was young so I can understand feeling that way.

As many of us have pointed out over and over again; time is not on the side of Big Foot. Our world is getting smaller everyday. Heck; I have an old trail camera that took rotten still pictures and the six 'D' cell batteries lasted only one or two nights - not to mention the camera card was filled fast. Today they can put out smaller trail cameras that will last for weeks and the cards are not filled + they take great videos of the wildlife. Our technology changes all the time. Some vehicles have cameras, some roads have cameras, some businesses have cameras, almost all drones have cameras, two thirds of our population have cameras - what isn't filmed today (besides a Big Foot)?

Old 09-17-2018, 06:59 PM

12,874 posts, read 9,379,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You might be right. Perhaps I gave a bad example. However with SETI the have a list and bios of the scientists who are part of it. They seem to all be scientists in fields related to the project. With BRFO they mention that they work with scientists but I could not find any names or info on the website. Just because someone is a "scientist" does not mean the are qualified for this project. To me that is another red flag.

Personally I think the odds are pretty good that there is intelligent life out there somewhere. Whether we find it or whether any signals or communications from outer space are just too distant for it to reach us yet might be the problem. Its been barely 100 years since we have had communications on earth that might be detected elsewhere. So they would have to be millions if not billions of years ahead of us.

I am much more skeptical that Bigfoot is out there. There are too many reasons why it probably does not exist and scant reasons that it does. But its hard to prove a negative so the search goes on. I hope it is out there and is found. I think it would be amazing.
Yes, SETI is a real thing. They've been listening constantly for many years, and so far have come up with nothing. The Mars rovers are continuously looking for signs of life (microbial, but life nevertheless). There are other planned, or at least proposed, missions to Jovian and Saturnian satellites looking for life. The search is constant and definitely intriguing.

Personally, I think that the probability of bigfoot existing is higher than the probability of UFOs being intelligent extraterrestrials paying us a visit, but it sure is intriguing and fun to speculate that they are real. There is a professor at the University of Idaho or Idaho State (name escapes me at the moment) who things BFs are real, and he seems competent enough. He's done extensive research in the field, and I suppose he qualifies as a scientist.

There's a situation going on right now involving fast radio bursts that supposedly have been detected from far out in the universe. It's probably a pulsar or something like it, but who knows? It could be ETs.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:46 PM

777 posts, read 878,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
What I find extremely odd, and fishy about ALL these so called sightings is, no one has bothered to take a picture to back up their story.
Today, I think it safe to say 99.99.99% of people carry a cell phone.
It seems they are as important a fixture to the body as a leg, or an arm.
A picture can be taken in a millisecond, so no excuse for not taking one.

Show a true life picture(not photoshop) and that should add credibility to any story.
WITHOUT PROOF, IT IS NOTHING BUT SOMEONE FLAPPING THEIR GUMS.

Bob.

I don't know if you have ever heard of the Skinwalker Ranch:

SKINWALKER RANCH .

I used to deny the existence of Bigfoot as well give the lack
of tangible evidence. The Skinwalker Ranch incidents, however,
kind of made me think of how the BF could disappear so quickly
and be difficult to track. Could it be a vortex that they are able
to create? Sounds weird but food for thought.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:21 AM

24,383 posts, read 23,014,909 times
I've taken to reading stories about skinwalkers. Glad I don't live out west. Maybe they chased the bigfoot away.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 AM

7,202 posts, read 5,065,159 times
Why did the Bigfoot cross the road?

To show the raccoons it can be done.

When you hear hoof beats coming down the road, it's probably a horse and not a zebra. A big brown, furry animal on two feet in MN (or anywhere) is a bear until you prove it's not.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:55 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,215,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Why did the Bigfoot cross the road?

To show the raccoons it can be done.

When you hear hoof beats coming down the road, it's probably a horse and not a zebra. A big brown, furry animal on two feet in MN (or anywhere) is a bear until you prove it's not.

Not me. Around here we don't have to prove anything.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,560,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
To get to the other side.
No, to be seen by someone driving past (Notice he didn't cross when the road was clear of vehicles), to feed the BF rumors. Like the guy in the BF suit, who just happened to cross the road somewhere in the NW, just as a night-patrol cop car with a dash-cam happened to be coming by. (I'm not going to dig that one up off youtube again.) "Did you see THAT?" "What was THAT" the cops are heard, saying to each other.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:39 PM

18,768 posts, read 18,080,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, to be seen by someone driving past (Notice he didn't cross when the road was clear of vehicles), to feed the BF rumors. Like the guy in the BF suit, who just happened to cross the road somewhere in the NW, just as a night-patrol cop car with a dash-cam happened to be coming by. (I'm not going to dig that one up off youtube again.) "Did you see THAT?" "What was THAT" the cops are heard, saying to each other.

I am surprised that they ever cross a road. We are told that they are too smart to cross in front of a trail camera. I am surprised that they just don't jump in a wormhole on one side and then pop out of a wormhole on the other side - maybe the Greys could help them? Maybe they are like that old series "I Dream of Jeannie" and they snap their fingers on one side and poof; their on the other side! Perhaps they are more like Bewitched and wiggle their nose?

Regardless we are left with imposters and bears crossing our roads and the BF take the short cuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.