U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:28 AM

919 posts, read 300,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
I don't know if this counts, but I was at an Indian PowPow in Glastonbury CT once, and walked by a stick that was sticking out of the ground, it had a crystal between a fork in the top.... and was right in front of a very very old Cherokee Indian. He told me to stop, look at the stick. That darn stick was actually shaking!!!!!!!!!! my kids were with me and my daughter got so scared, she started to cry.... I think one of his daughters came immediately and took my kids by the hand and brought them over to a table where they were making little "wampam" bags i think they were called.

the old man told me that the stick only vibrates when there was a connection to a past life, he asked for my hand, he turned it over and over in his hand and told me: i was once one of the "people", that I had been married to a great chief who i loved very much, I was part of the Hopi tribe out west, he was the bravest of them all, died in battle, we had 2 children and when we were driven from our lands by the whitemen, I was very old and infirm, and I couldn't go on. He told me I had dreamed of this and I looked at him like he was nuts.... I told him if I did, i didn't remember at all..... about 3 weeks later, I did go to an old spiritualist camp down at the Connecticut shore because one my friends insisted that i should try to talk to someone about this encounter, and woman there who was literally blind (had those freaky milky white eyes!!!), told me to remember my dream that night and she named all the "guides" that were around me. ONE OF THEM WAS AN INDIAN CHIEF!!!!!!. Again, i looked at her as if she were a bit daft. THAT NIGHT: I dreamt i was very very old, and I was on this rock outcropping, and people were leaving bowls of nuts, seeds, dried meat, and there was a large bucket with water..... and one by one, I was bid farewell and I watched all the people walk down the rocks and away..... I then watched myself die!!!!!!

when I woke up, i was more than a bit freaked out, and I went online, looking up Indian lore, Indian customs, Indian tribes...and there it was, on some website.... that when someone was not able to keep up with the tribe, they were left to die, small amounts of food were provided, farewells were said. OMG. LOL, now, I'm fully Irish on my dad's side and fully Polish on my mother's side, so ...... who knows? maybe in a past life, I did have this life as an indian?????
Off course it counts, lol.
If this experience doesn't convince you then nothing will.

Don't listen to what others say because they didn't experience it.
If you want to see more, before bed imagine being filled with white/gold/silver light (whichever takes your fancy) & say 'I wish to learn more' while visualising that scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 12:42 PM

838 posts, read 301,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
I don't know if this counts, but I was at an Indian PowPow in Glastonbury CT once, and walked by a stick that was sticking out of the ground, it had a crystal between a fork in the top.... and was right in front of a very very old Cherokee Indian. He told me to stop, look at the stick. That darn stick was actually shaking!!!!!!!!!! my kids were with me and my daughter got so scared, she started to cry.... I think one of his daughters came immediately and took my kids by the hand and brought them over to a table where they were making little "wampam" bags i think they were called.

the old man told me that the stick only vibrates when there was a connection to a past life, he asked for my hand, he turned it over and over in his hand and told me: i was once one of the "people", that I had been married to a great chief who i loved very much, I was part of the Hopi tribe out west, he was the bravest of them all, died in battle, we had 2 children and when we were driven from our lands by the whitemen, I was very old and infirm, and I couldn't go on. He told me I had dreamed of this and I looked at him like he was nuts.... I told him if I did, i didn't remember at all..... about 3 weeks later, I did go to an old spiritualist camp down at the Connecticut shore because one my friends insisted that i should try to talk to someone about this encounter, and woman there who was literally blind (had those freaky milky white eyes!!!), told me to remember my dream that night and she named all the "guides" that were around me. ONE OF THEM WAS AN INDIAN CHIEF!!!!!!. Again, i looked at her as if she were a bit daft. THAT NIGHT: I dreamt i was very very old, and I was on this rock outcropping, and people were leaving bowls of nuts, seeds, dried meat, and there was a large bucket with water..... and one by one, I was bid farewell and I watched all the people walk down the rocks and away..... I then watched myself die!!!!!!

when I woke up, i was more than a bit freaked out, and I went online, looking up Indian lore, Indian customs, Indian tribes...and there it was, on some website.... that when someone was not able to keep up with the tribe, they were left to die, small amounts of food were provided, farewells were said. OMG. LOL, now, I'm fully Irish on my dad's side and fully Polish on my mother's side, so ...... who knows? maybe in a past life, I did have this life as an indian?????
This story is awesome. So did you ever go back for more info and had any other occurrences?

Old 09-04-2018, 01:46 PM

2,055 posts, read 866,547 times
Of course not. Because there are no past lives. Anyone who tells you they have done so is lying or crazy.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:24 PM

11,744 posts, read 17,890,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Has anyone connected with someone in this life from a past life? How did you know for sure that it was someone from a past life? Did the connection feel spiritual? Godlike?

The longer I live and the more I pay attention to connections, the more I believe in reincarnation. Some connections are too serious, too magnetic to be coincidence. When the connection happens, it makes me think that a remembering is taken place, a me to, like it was planned all along.

Please tell me your story. I have so many questions.
It sounds like you are really pondering of the age old debate of destiny/fate vs. chance occurance, not "past life"'...or maybe a combination of both. The devine "plan" that there is just only that one soulmate in life and someone somewhere, God perhaps, is moving these chess pieces so that you meet that one person. It's fate!

Yeah on the surface it's romantic. However if you give in to that, you give in to the fact that there is no human free will. We are resigned to match up to a partner like some age old scripted Indian arranged marriage pact. No thanks, I will determine my own fate, my own partner, thank you very much.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:08 PM

838 posts, read 301,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It sounds like you are really pondering of the age old debate of destiny/fate vs. chance occurance, not "past life"'...or maybe a combination of both. The devine "plan" that there is just only that one soulmate in life and someone somewhere, God perhaps, is moving these chess pieces so that you meet that one person. It's fate!

Yeah on the surface it's romantic. However if you give in to that, you give in to the fact that there is no human free will. We are resigned to match up to a partner like some age old scripted Indian arranged marriage pact. No thanks, I will determine my own fate, my own partner, thank you very much.
I do ponder these things, but it is not exclusive to romantic love. I have connections with many people and animals and I just wonder about how it works-I think the movie, Cloud Atlas really just made an impression on me. I fell in love with life in that movie and all the moving parts. I do believe in a working destiny, that we are moving towards the goal, the most favorable outcome if we do the heart work.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:30 PM

15,806 posts, read 29,785,708 times
Quote:
Has anyone connected with someone in this life from a past life? How did you know for sure that it was someone from a past life? Did the connection feel spiritual? Godlike?

The longer I live and the more I pay attention to connections, the more I believe in reincarnation. Some connections are too serious, too magnetic to be coincidence. When the connection happens, it makes me think that a remembering is taken place, a me to, like it was planned all along.

Yes.

When I was 13 I had a dream about a past life in New Orleans. Except it wasn't a dream, it was a memory. One reason that I know it was NOT a dream was because it was in French, and I did not speak French then, nor do I now.

I lived in New Orleans around 1800. My father was a government official, highly respected and quite powerful, we were well off. i had one older sister and one younger sister. I met a man named Julian from Spain who was a sailor on one of the merchants ships that came to the Port. I ended up leaving with him three days later for Spain. (Lots of detail left out for the sake of brevity).

It took us months to reach Spain and when we arrived his ship (and him) were conscripted to fight in the battle of Trafalgar. I never saw him again. My last memory of him was seeing him on the deck of the ship as I was taken to shore in a small boat.

By a strange quirk of fate, there was a man in the port who knew my father and made arrangements for me to return to New Orleans. I don't have any memory of anything from that point on. To be honest, I think I committed suicide. In fact, I believe that there have been other lifetimes with Julian and in each case he dies and my karma is such that I will keep reliving this scenario until I don't commit suicide.

For many, many years after my dream/memory I searched for Julian in every person I met. I traveled to New Orleans and found my father's house. When I hit 30 I gave up because I believed I would never meet him. I moved on with my life and did not think about Julian or New Orleans very often.

I did meet him again. I knew him instantly. It was like someone hit me with a 2x4. We are friends now. Because of circumstances beyond our control, that is all we are going to be in this lifetime. Perhaps it is for the best because I do not want to lose him again. I would rather just be his friend and have him for the rest of my life than love him and lose him to try to correct the negative karma that exists. There are many nights that I cry, however, because I believe that we are twin flames and that his soul completes my soul in a way that no other can. Perhaps in the next lifetime things will be better.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:31 PM

3,109 posts, read 3,357,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yes.

When I was 13 I had a dream about a past life in New Orleans. Except it wasn't a dream, it was a memory. One reason that I know it was NOT a dream was because it was in French, and I did not speak French then, nor do I now.

I lived in New Orleans around 1800. My father was a government official, highly respected and quite powerful, we were well off. i had one older sister and one younger sister. I met a man named Julian from Spain who was a sailor on one of the merchants ships that came to the Port. I ended up leaving with him three days later for Spain. (Lots of detail left out for the sake of brevity).

It took us months to reach Spain and when we arrived his ship (and him) were conscripted to fight in the battle of Trafalgar. I never saw him again. My last memory of him was seeing him on the deck of the ship as I was taken to shore in a small boat.

By a strange quirk of fate, there was a man in the port who knew my father and made arrangements for me to return to New Orleans. I don't have any memory of anything from that point on. To be honest, I think I committed suicide. In fact, I believe that there have been other lifetimes with Julian and in each case he dies and my karma is such that I will keep reliving this scenario until I don't commit suicide.

For many, many years after my dream/memory I searched for Julian in every person I met. I traveled to New Orleans and found my father's house. When I hit 30 I gave up because I believed I would never meet him. I moved on with my life and did not think about Julian or New Orleans very often.

I did meet him again. I knew him instantly. It was like someone hit me with a 2x4. We are friends now. Because of circumstances beyond our control, that is all we are going to be in this lifetime. Perhaps it is for the best because I do not want to lose him again. I would rather just be his friend and have him for the rest of my life than love him and lose him to try to correct the negative karma that exists. There are many nights that I cry, however, because I believe that we are twin flames and that his soul completes my soul in a way that no other can. Perhaps in the next lifetime things will be better.
Wow! That was a fascinating story. Could you elaborate on how you found him?

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 PM

15,806 posts, read 29,785,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
Wow! That was a fascinating story. Could you elaborate on how you found him?
He worked at the same place I did and the first time I met him it was like someone hit me over the head with a two-by-four. Lol. Fate brought us together when the time was right.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 AM

13,616 posts, read 11,234,686 times
Quote:

Hmmm. One time in my life have I felt like this. It was a tumultuous time in my life as I was moving from having lived one way into another. From being an angry and somewhat violent youngster 20 something to being a real Man. The human male condition on par is that around 14 or so your brain falls out. It starts to grow back around 25-6.

I met this gal when I was 28. Via a friend of hers I was dating. It was very strange. I swear I had been having dreams about her since early childhood. When I saw her face it stopped me cold with deja vue. Her facial expressions, voice, eyes, everything about her was shook out of dreams I had been having since I was around 8-9.

The latter were not specific to a certain time period or circumstance yet there she was. I was.....more than taken, as was she but it took us 20 years to actually plug in. But we did. The ...odd...connection...scared her at first when we actually became involved. Till that point we had a relationship that saw us smiling whenever we saw each other. Ohhhh...and in so many circumstances. In the end I loved her so much it hurt. I lost her it seems not so long ago. If this was the plan I'm certain I'll see her again. But not yet.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:50 PM

12,266 posts, read 5,846,181 times
When I was in college, I had a few readings by different people and was told by them all that I would one day have 3 children---twins and a singleton. Fast forward to when I got married. My husband and I both agreed that we wanted one child. When I was pregnant, I said to myself if the twins are going to come, this is their chance. I had a daughter. She grew up to have 3 children---twins and a singleton.

After the twins were born, I had a friend who was intuitive. She said to me that the twins had wanted to come to me but since that didn't happen, they came to my daughter. Our daughter had them young and she and her husband were really struggling. Before my intuitive friend told me about the twins wanted to come to me, I had said to her that given the circumstances that the twins were born into, they wanted to be here in the worst way. My friend said it was because they wanted to be with me.

When I met the twins for the first time, with one of them I had an instant connection. One look at him and I knew he was an old soul. Without saying a word to my intuitive friend, I showed her a photo of the twins, she pointed to him and said he was an old soul. I always felt that he and I had been together in previous lifetimes. I've had readings since the twins were born and got told of different lifetimes when we were together.

We didn't live close by to our daughter and her family but every time we all were together, the old soul would always come right to me and stick closely by my side. When it was time for us to go home, he would hug me and cry. He is almost a teenager now so he's not into hanging around his grandma so much---that's okay, I understand.

I love all my grandkids. That said, I've always felt a deep connection to the old soul. Never have I felt such a deep connection with anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or