U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 02:44 PM

838 posts, read 301,895 times

Advertisements

Has anyone connected with someone in this life from a past life? How did you know for sure that it was someone from a past life? Did the connection feel spiritual? Godlike?

The longer I live and the more I pay attention to connections, the more I believe in reincarnation. Some connections are too serious, too magnetic to be coincidence. When the connection happens, it makes me think that a remembering is taken place, a me to, like it was planned all along.

Please tell me your story. I have so many questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 03:49 PM

11,647 posts, read 19,866,192 times
I was told, during a very serious upheaval in our marriage, that in a past life, I was my husband’s mother, and I died when he was a young child, and that was the cause of the upheaval. There were other things this person said that were true about that present time, which is now 25 years ago. If that makes sense.

I didn’t seek this out, I didn’t pay for it. It was a client at the bank I worked for. She owned an auto body shop, so she didn’t do this for a living. And I didn’t talk about what was going on, but I do have the face you want to play poker with. I can’t hide things.

What she said explained a lot of things. And moreover, everyone who knew about this was telling me to bail, and I did not want to. This woman told me I to hold on, the ride was going to get a lot more bumpy, but in the end, it would be great.

And on that prediction — 100%

Old 09-03-2018, 04:05 PM

838 posts, read 301,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I was told, during a very serious upheaval in our marriage, that in a past life, I was my husbandís mother, and I died when he was a young child, and that was the cause of the upheaval. There were other things this person said that were true about that present time, which is now 25 years ago. If that makes sense.

I didnít seek this out, I didnít pay for it. It was a client at the bank I worked for. She owned an auto body shop, so she didnít do this for a living. And I didnít talk about what was going on, but I do have the face you want to play poker with. I canít hide things.

What she said explained a lot of things. And moreover, everyone who knew about this was telling me to bail, and I did not want to. This woman told me I to hold on, the ride was going to get a lot more bumpy, but in the end, it would be great.

And on that prediction ó 100%
Did you ever see the lady again?

Old 09-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Did you ever see the lady again?
Saw her practically every other day, till they sold the business a few months later. She was a long time customer, and she tended to come in Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. So before this happened, I had known her for several years.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:56 PM

3,949 posts, read 7,480,638 times
Sounds like she asked some smart questions, read your facial expressions, guessed what you were longing for, and told you what you wanted to hear. Since you already wanted to work on your relationship, her suggestion of keeping the relationship strengthened your resolve to make it work. Since it worked out, she is a genius.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:32 PM

5,170 posts, read 7,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Has anyone connected with someone in this life from a past life? How did you know for sure that it was someone from a past life? Did the connection feel spiritual? Godlike?

The longer I live and the more I pay attention to connections, the more I believe in reincarnation. Some connections are too serious, too magnetic to be coincidence. When the connection happens, it makes me think that a remembering is taken place, a me to, like it was planned all along.

Please tell me your story. I have so many questions.
When one meets someone for the first time, and instantly feel they have met, or have seen this person before, they have indeed opened a window to a past life.
When these events happen, our soul within has had some kind of contact in a past life with the person you just met.
That is why one feels they "know" this person.

The feeling is coming from our soul , and our brain is picking up on the impulse from the soul.
Many of us have experienced this.

Bob.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Sounds like she asked some smart questions, read your facial expressions, guessed what you were longing for, and told you what you wanted to hear. Since you already wanted to work on your relationship, her suggestion of keeping the relationship strengthened your resolve to make it work. Since it worked out, she is a genius.
In this case, not really a true cold reading, since she was very familiar with me and Iím sure the office gossip grape vine was probably active. She liked me, and we were friendly.

But yes, her having my back about hanging on, did help. Gotta say when everyone is saying run, sometimes you start thinking they might be right.

25 some years later, itís nice to know I was right.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 AM

3,923 posts, read 4,605,080 times
I think everyone connects with at least a few people from other lives, but more likely many people. One sign is that "instant" connection (and that could be a good or bad connection) and another is that there is often emotional "baggage" from the past...some feelings you can't explain in any logical fashion. With some, there may be karmic debts that would need to be worked out. Don't get me started on my own karmic debts...I find them to be very hard to deal with!

Old 09-04-2018, 10:45 AM

766 posts, read 254,493 times
I don't know if this counts, but I was at an Indian PowPow in Glastonbury CT once, and walked by a stick that was sticking out of the ground, it had a crystal between a fork in the top.... and was right in front of a very very old Cherokee Indian. He told me to stop, look at the stick. That darn stick was actually shaking!!!!!!!!!! my kids were with me and my daughter got so scared, she started to cry.... I think one of his daughters came immediately and took my kids by the hand and brought them over to a table where they were making little "wampam" bags i think they were called.

the old man told me that the stick only vibrates when there was a connection to a past life, he asked for my hand, he turned it over and over in his hand and told me: i was once one of the "people", that I had been married to a great chief who i loved very much, I was part of the Hopi tribe out west, he was the bravest of them all, died in battle, we had 2 children and when we were driven from our lands by the whitemen, I was very old and infirm, and I couldn't go on. He told me I had dreamed of this and I looked at him like he was nuts.... I told him if I did, i didn't remember at all..... about 3 weeks later, I did go to an old spiritualist camp down at the Connecticut shore because one my friends insisted that i should try to talk to someone about this encounter, and woman there who was literally blind (had those freaky milky white eyes!!!), told me to remember my dream that night and she named all the "guides" that were around me. ONE OF THEM WAS AN INDIAN CHIEF!!!!!!. Again, i looked at her as if she were a bit daft. THAT NIGHT: I dreamt i was very very old, and I was on this rock outcropping, and people were leaving bowls of nuts, seeds, dried meat, and there was a large bucket with water..... and one by one, I was bid farewell and I watched all the people walk down the rocks and away..... I then watched myself die!!!!!!

when I woke up, i was more than a bit freaked out, and I went online, looking up Indian lore, Indian customs, Indian tribes...and there it was, on some website.... that when someone was not able to keep up with the tribe, they were left to die, small amounts of food were provided, farewells were said. OMG. LOL, now, I'm fully Irish on my dad's side and fully Polish on my mother's side, so ...... who knows? maybe in a past life, I did have this life as an indian?????

Old 09-04-2018, 11:15 AM

919 posts, read 300,269 times
Yes I have. This one will get the naysayers & the closed minded all worked up, lol.

Many years ago I went through a spiritual awakening & sought experience.
In a Spirit Circle that I attended for 3 months, I saw several past lives.

Most were quite mundane, that pertained to who I am in this life, mostly in a small way.
Then I saw myself as a Priest/Sorcerer for the Catholic church. There were six of us in the Circle, where we all saw exactly the same thing. Two of the girls in the Circle started crying saying that they were more than a little frightened.
We had landed in a dungeon where there was a female stretched naked on a rack. There were 2 assistants.
In this life I'm tall, blue eyed, fair & very blond. As the Priest, I was brown eyed, short, stocky, dark haired & olive skinned. Yet I knew it was me. The others in the Circle knew it was me (except for one bloke but that's a story in itself & a lesson on ego)

The Priest/Sorcerer had a large leather folder that held his tools of torture. As he opened it I was horrified & started screaming, in my minds eye, 'She's innocent! Let her go!' over & over. He eventually shut his folder & said to his assistants 'She is innocent. Let her go' They clearly feared the Priest, in fact, most people did, & did as ordered.
Then I was shown how I 'retired' & spent my remaining time meditating on the Bible in a room in a monastery.
I was an Inquisitor during the many purges during the Dark Ages.

A few years later, I had swapped a reading for a large OM symbol tattoo. Bruce, my tattooist, stopped halfway through the tat & asked if he was free to offer the reading to someone else. Saying not a problem he rang his sister saying 'I keep feeling that she really needs to see you.'
Once finished we were drinking coffee when Bruces sister walked in. As soon as we locked eyes she froze & started shaking & sobbing, so much so that she was having difficulty breathing. I knew. She knew.
While seated, I said something like 'Would it mean anything to you if I told you just how sorry I really am?' With that she started sobbing with relief. I stood & held my arms out. She threw herself at me & we just hugged while I softly said 'You're safe now. It's over.'

Bruce, a large fierce looking biker with full facial tats, who was totally protective of his little sister', blurted 'Would someone please tell me what the f@#k is going on here!'
Chrissy explained that since she was a little child, "I knew we'd meet. I thought you were coming for me.' She said she couldn't look into campfires or candle flame because 'I'd see your eyes. They're different than before but I knew they were your eyes.' (I'm told that I have piercing blue eyes) She lived in fear of crossing paths with me.
Chrissy was the girl on the rack that I let go.

The rest of humanity can say what they like, I don't know how but I firmly believe that I changed the course of that life from this life.
A few years after that, I was reading that one CAN alter a past life from the present. Had I not experienced this & heard such a thing I would've said 'impossible!'. But I've proved to my self otherwise.
This is why I advise others to not rely on others, seek your own experience. No-one can take it away from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or