U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:06 AM

107 posts, read 15,802 times

Advertisements

Yeah, white cats are easier for coyotes to spot in the dark. Very dangerous, I lost my white cat Lily to coyotes. And if you wear a lot of dark clothing, owning a white cat may be a problem. Other than those two things, nope no dangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 09:10 AM

"Everyone is afraid of black cats?" No, not even close, matter of fact, now in 2018, hardly anyone is afraid of black cats. Question is, why, in 2018, are you ?

Old 11-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Egyptians thought cats were sneaky because they were ignorant, and mistook their predatory stalking techniques for some sort of miscreant activity. Actually cats are naturally sneaky, the very reason people want them around to control the rodent population.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:31 PM

448 posts, read 90,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I know everyone is afraid of the Black cat. A Black cat crosses the road in front of you.. Bad luck!! (I used to live on a street with a stray black cat. He had some kind of thing that made his neck crimped. He looked kind of scary. All he wanted was food and love. And another street had another black cat. I also had a black cat that was super muscular. He died,)

Now I have some white cats.

What is it with people and "fear of cats?" Why did the Egyptians think the cats were sneaky? Any fear of white cats, as in like White Witch and Black Witch or White Wiccan and Black Wiccan (Youtube video seems to capture what someone thinks was a White Wiccan, teleporting themselves across the forest?)
What? Who are you hanging around with that's afraid of black cats in this day and age? Of all the numerous cats I had over the years, the top three best ones were black. My cats usually pick me, but if I ever again get the chance to pick out my own....it will be black.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:46 PM

4,355 posts, read 2,863,454 times
There was a time when I had two cats-one white & one black. The white one had two different color eyes and was deaf. They loved each other. Somewhere I have a pic of them hugging each other and I called it my Yin Yang. Unfortunately, both have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Cat

Old 11-24-2018, 05:17 PM

13,431 posts, read 10,773,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
Egyptians thought cats were sneaky because they were ignorant, and mistook their predatory stalking techniques for some sort of miscreant activity. Actually cats are naturally sneaky, the very reason people want them around to control the rodent population.
Not all rodents like rats: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...eck-180970428/.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:48 AM

13,354 posts, read 11,025,361 times
Most all cultures have some superstition revolving around some animal or another. American Indians give mystical powers to all animals. The coyote is the trickster and one to watch out for. Never look at him directly I've been told. The owl is a death messenger. I believe the black cat thing comes from people believing in witches. Somewhere out there I'm sure there's something about white cats.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:31 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
859 posts, read 249,158 times
When I was a kid, the common theme in my school regarding cats was:

Black cat crosses path = bad luck
White cat crosses path = good luck
Gray, black/white paws, brown/black markings, white/black markings, and a virtually limitless number of variations and permutations thereupon = neutral/ask again later

God, the things you have to overcomplicate when you're 10 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or