U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:09 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,804,529 times

Advertisements

As the cat(s) is/are white, it most likely personifies Winter. Rather than list them individually, below is the Wikipedia link to mythological Winter deity's. It would be gender specific, so a female cat might pattern after Beira wherein a Male would pattern Boreas.

Have yourself and the kitties scroll through them. If any of the cats paw the screen at a given name or specific page on one of them, and/or spirit moves you, giving you an attraction to one or a few of them that narrows the field, you and the kitties can go from there....

Deities and personifications of seasons

Last edited by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?; 09-11-2018 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Link Reset
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 PM

52,076 posts, read 51,225,494 times
This made me remember a story I read when I was a kid. It might have even been called The White Cat.

The person telling the story tells how through generations people in his family saw a white cat in the weeks before they died, and then tells the story of how each one dies. Then in the end, the narrator says he wanted to get it all written down, because he has seen the white cat, too.

ETA: Just did a google search on a story called The White Cat. There are tons of them, all different stories.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 PM

11,495 posts, read 19,604,379 times
The bad thing about white cats? They usually love your dark clothing, and wait to boof fur clumps on them. I saw
Ear, My mainly white cat adores being brushed, and she’s a long hair. I can brush her for an hour, and get very little fur. But put her on a dark fabric surface and BOOF! Clods of fur balls.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:39 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,804,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The bad thing about white cats? They usually love your dark clothing, and wait to boof fur clumps on them.
No bad thing about it!! Ear is placing talismans on your black clothing to protect you from any non-benevolent aura from said black clothing or when you are "out and about" in said clothing...

Talismans for Tallysmom (or Ear's mom in this case) I suppose...

"There was a Wiccan named O'Bannon
Who had a white cat named Rhiannon
White balls she did pack on all clothing of black
In their hut by the old River Shannon"

ShouldIMoveOrStayPut

Last edited by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?; 09-12-2018 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling Error

Old 09-12-2018, 08:22 AM

871 posts, read 208,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I know everyone is afraid of the Black cat. A Black cat crosses the road in front of you.. Bad luck!! (I used to live on a street with a stray black cat. He had some kind of thing that made his neck crimped. He looked kind of scary. All he wanted was food and love. And another street had another black cat. I also had a black cat that was super muscular. He died,)

Now I have some white cats.

What is it with people and "fear of cats?" Why did the Egyptians think the cats were sneaky? Any fear of white cats, as in like White Witch and Black Witch or White Wiccan and Black Wiccan (Youtube video seems to capture what someone thinks was a White Wiccan, teleporting themselves across the forest?)

No. Most people aren't that stupid.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:31 AM

4,621 posts, read 1,594,824 times
I was not overtly superstitious of black cats. Like I said, I had a little sweetie of a black cat.

But...I had dreams sometimes.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM

5,033 posts, read 4,322,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I know everyone is afraid of the Black cat. A Black cat crosses the road in front of you.. Bad luck!! (I used to live on a street with a stray black cat. He had some kind of thing that made his neck crimped. He looked kind of scary. All he wanted was food and love. And another street had another black cat. I also had a black cat that was super muscular. He died,)

Now I have some white cats.

What is it with people and "fear of cats?" Why did the Egyptians think the cats were sneaky? Any fear of white cats, as in like White Witch and Black Witch or White Wiccan and Black Wiccan (Youtube video seems to capture what someone thinks was a White Wiccan, teleporting themselves across the forest?)
They didn't. Ancient Egyptians revered their cats as sacred to their cat goddess Bast. They mourned the death of their cats publicly by shaving their eyebrows and, when the cat died, they often had their cat mummified and buried, as they did their relatives, so they could be together in the afterlife. Many statues of Bast have been found in tombs and cats are frequently depicted in ancient Egyptian art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_ancient_Egypt

Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM

2,214 posts, read 529,309 times
Want to see a picture of one of them?

Old 09-12-2018, 09:58 AM

24,924 posts, read 60,149,699 times
It is well known that white cats suck the sols out of babies.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:16 PM

11,495 posts, read 19,604,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
No bad thing about it!! Ear is placing talismans on your black clothing to protect you from any non-benevolent aura from said black clothing or when you are "out and about" in said clothing...

Talismans for Tallysmom (or Ear's mom in this case) I suppose...

"There was a Wiccan named O'Bannon
Who had a white cat named Rhiannon
White balls she did pack on all clothing of black
In their hut by the old River Shannon"

ShouldIMoveOrStayPut
Oh man, not proofreading. My last post? My white cat is named Edgar. She — yes, girl, got named because she’s mainly white, with a black tail and a jaunty little black hat of color on the side of her head. We had a friend whose cat, named Edgar, looked similar, so when she showed up at our house, she was called “that Edgar looking cat”. Truly feral. Wanted nothing to do with us.

It stuck. Then she had kittens on our front porch. She became Edgar Louise. When another feral cat started stealing her kittens, we brought all four in, which was good because first time Mom Edgar ended up with mastitis, and I ended up bottle feeding the babies. All girls, named Millie, Tillie and Stan. Millie and Stan went to a good home and are now named Sadie and Gert. We had no luck finding a home for Tillie, and because we had a Tally, we changed her name to Squinkle. Squinkie. Pie.

All our cats seem to have a thousand names.

So we got Edgar fixed, and after her recuperation we decided to let her out, since she was feral, and spent 8 weeks trying to escape, and avoiding us, even though we had to treat her for her mastitis infection.

We opened the back door and out she ran. She ran around checking everything out, turned to us, thought about it, and ran back in the house. She slept at the foot of our bed that very night. She allowed us to pet her and fuss over her. It was literally like she ran out, thought “Freedom! I’m free! Wait, there’s food and water inside, I’m warm and cozy, treats, wet food, and I get to pee and poop and they happily clean it up. I’ll take that cushy life all day long!!”

By the way, the Tally in my name? Left for the Bridge at the age of 17 a few weeks ago. A few days later, Baby (16) also left for the Bridge. I miss them terribly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or