U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 03:53 PM

1,302 posts, read 616,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Besides being bad for the environment and your health, science has proven cats are just plain evil.
People are probably much worse for the environment than cats. And people are also responsible for not spaying/neutering, and for abandoning intact cats, or cats in general. Also, not everyone lets their cats roam outdoors at will, ours are indoors but have access to an enclosed porch. As for health, hygiene is important and I've never been ill due to cat exposure. Neither have all the other people with pet cats that I personally know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 04:09 PM

1,055 posts, read 840,424 times
My cat is possessed.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 PM

741 posts, read 1,151,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh man, not proofreading. My last post? My white cat is named Edgar. She — yes, girl, got named because she’s mainly white, with a black tail and a jaunty little black hat of color on the side of her head. We had a friend whose cat, named Edgar, looked similar, so when she showed up at our house, she was called “that Edgar looking cat”. Truly feral. Wanted nothing to do with us.

It stuck. Then she had kittens on our front porch. She became Edgar Louise. When another feral cat started stealing her kittens, we brought all four in, which was good because first time Mom Edgar ended up with mastitis, and I ended up bottle feeding the babies. All girls, named Millie, Tillie and Stan. Millie and Stan went to a good home and are now named Sadie and Gert. We had no luck finding a home for Tillie, and because we had a Tally, we changed her name to Squinkle. Squinkie. Pie.

All our cats seem to have a thousand names.

So we got Edgar fixed, and after her recuperation we decided to let her out, since she was feral, and spent 8 weeks trying to escape, and avoiding us, even though we had to treat her for her mastitis infection.

We opened the back door and out she ran. She ran around checking everything out, turned to us, thought about it, and ran back in the house. She slept at the foot of our bed that very night. She allowed us to pet her and fuss over her. It was literally like she ran out, thought “Freedom! I’m free! Wait, there’s food and water inside, I’m warm and cozy, treats, wet food, and I get to pee and poop and they happily clean it up. I’ll take that cushy life all day long!!”

By the way, the Tally in my name? Left for the Bridge at the age of 17 a few weeks ago. A few days later, Baby (16) also left for the Bridge. I miss them terribly.
Awww I'm so sorry about your Tally and Baby :'( It is never easy when they cross the Bridge. Our 15yo Seamus (orange tabby) crossed the Bridge about 2-1/2 weeks ago. I know how it feels, unfortunately.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 PM

1,423 posts, read 335,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
Awww I'm so sorry about your Tally and Baby :'( It is never easy when they cross the Bridge. Our 15yo Seamus (orange tabby) crossed the Bridge about 2-1/2 weeks ago. I know how it feels, unfortunately.
The Bridge is a real place. Part of me died when my special boy died. I'll never, ever forget him.

And if people ridicule me for this, then they clearly don't understand.. When you feel like you "could have done something" but didn't see it coming.

I have both cats and birds now. Going to again sleep with my three white cats tonight. One insists I tuck them in! And must be scared of the dark.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,757,206 times
Quote:
Your cat does not love you. Your cat is simply too small to eat you.

My dog genuinely loooooooooooves me.
Yeah, an extra 2,000 years or so of domestication will do that...

Quote:
No. It makes me dislike them enough to never have one.
A cat's love and respect is harder to earn in many cases than a dog, some simply don't want to be bothered and/or are not up to the task. Additionally, a cats behavior regarding its owner can be a mirror to the owner, showing character/behavior flaws that the owner chooses not to see in themselves, or does not wish others to pick up on. Generally speaking, a dog's behavior does not place it's owner in this position, or at least not nearly as often.

Not necessarily saying it would be the case here, of course, but something to reflect on...

Old 09-13-2018, 07:45 PM

11,382 posts, read 19,311,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
The Bridge is a real place. Part of me died when my special boy died. I'll never, ever forget him.

And if people ridicule me for this, then they clearly don't understand.. When you feel like you "could have done something" but didn't see it coming.

I have both cats and birds now. Going to again sleep with my three white cats tonight. One insists I tuck them in! And must be scared of the dark.
I trust my vet implicitly, because I always want that miracle. There’s got to be one more thing we can do. My vet will always let me know it’s time to let them go.

I have 8 boxes of ashes tucked away. No one is allowed to say squat about that.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 PM

1,302 posts, read 616,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Me, too. This is from a little movie called Ffolkes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZgpxwdFIA
Good one! Haven't seen that movie, it's going on the "watch" list.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:43 AM

14,399 posts, read 16,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I've heard accounts from one black cat owner that black cats are some of the friendlier bunch out there amongst the kitty world.

Many of mine have been long furred black cats, a few with green eyes. They seem to be more people centered and love to snuggle. My current smallest likes to crawl inside the robe and just hide so you don't evict her when you get done with coffee.

Mine DO know not to inspect the coffee with a paw. I'm not sure if it was the way their humans got all mad or if they just wanted a few more sips than normal. But small balls of fur are a great way to help you get to sleep. Who can resist that purr?

I love dogs, but I think I love the combo of dog and cat even better, and my smaller dog is best friends with her favorites.

I think if my dog didn't have his kitties to watch out for and lick clean he'd tell us, and is very proud of his job, watching out for his humans and kitties means he'll never feel unwanted in the fourlegged family.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM

1,055 posts, read 840,424 times
Cool dog you have. Got a pic?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,666,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
People are probably much worse for the environment than cats. And people are also responsible for not spaying/neutering, and for abandoning intact cats, or cats in general. Also, not everyone lets their cats roam outdoors at will, ours are indoors but have access to an enclosed porch. As for health, hygiene is important and I've never been ill due to cat exposure. Neither have all the other people with pet cats that I personally know.
I could not have said it better myself Ms. Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or