U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:14 PM

673 posts, read 243,484 times

Advertisements

The only danger associated with a white cat is to your wardrobe. lol My mom always wanted a white cat, and she got her wish when I was a teenager. Ugh. I loved her to pieces, but man I did spend a lot of time brushing my clothing. And the time I had a bunch of friends over in winter, and she slept on our pile of coats in the guest room? Took a while for my friends to let me forget that one, cat hair is a huge pain to remove from wool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
They say that's the difference between dogs and cats. If you died alone in the house with your dog, the dog would sit faithfully by your side, and only when it was absolutely starving would it begin to eat your decaying body.

Your cat will eat you while your body is still warm.
Anecdotally, from an animal control officer of my acquaintance, that opposite is actually true. Cats often make it harder to remove an owners body as well, they will sit on them and not allow first responders close, so they have to call for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 02:45 PM

15,847 posts, read 22,968,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Anecdotally, from an animal control officer of my acquaintance, that opposite is actually true. Cats often make it harder to remove an owners body as well, they will sit on them and not allow first responders close, so they have to call for help.
Not surprising. Cats are extremely instinctive and loyal to their owner; less trusting. Dogs, on the other hand, (though this doesn't apply to every breed & unless trained otherwise) quick to meet & greet anyone for attention. I've had to dodge owners with dogs shopping in Pet Smart when pressed for time.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:53 PM

2,214 posts, read 530,700 times
Taken in the wee hours of the night.

This one has the red eyes. I have always wondered why he has the red. Hmmm...

Old 09-14-2018, 03:08 PM

15,847 posts, read 22,968,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Taken in the wee hours of the night.

This one has the red eyes. I have always wondered why he has the red. Hmmm...

Is a bit spooky. Said to be for nite hunting.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:10 PM

I just took a pic of him on his favorite bed.. sleeping, after he threw up some wet food again (turkey.) He looks like a White Firefox logo lol

Old 09-14-2018, 06:09 PM

1,957 posts, read 788,474 times
There is no such thing as witches so black cats CANNOT have anything to do with them! That is so ridiculous.

I never heard of any of these weird superstitions about broken mirrors or walking under ladders or opening umbrellas indoors until I was in elementary school. I thought they sounded stupid then and that hasn't changed over the intervening years. I was a grown-a$$ woman before I ever heard of people not adopting black cats because they're afraid of them. Morons. Shouldn't be allowed to have a cat of ANY color.

So no, there is nothing to be afraid of from a white cat - unless it's a full grown albino tiger. Actually half grown, probably not safe either.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
There is no such thing as witches so black cats CANNOT have anything to do with them! That is so ridiculous.

I never heard of any of these weird superstitions about broken mirrors or walking under ladders or opening umbrellas indoors until I was in elementary school. I thought they sounded stupid then and that hasn't changed over the intervening years. I was a grown-a$$ woman before I ever heard of people not adopting black cats because they're afraid of them. Morons. Shouldn't be allowed to have a cat of ANY color.

So no, there is nothing to be afraid of from a white cat - unless it's a full grown albino tiger. Actually half grown, probably not safe either.

What about a snow leapord, or Lynx?

Old 09-14-2018, 06:39 PM

1,160 posts, read 880,388 times
My sis's friend had a pet Bobcat she carried with her. Not friendly at all. I found out the hard way.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:53 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,804,529 times
Quote:
I was a grown-a$$ woman before I ever heard of people not adopting black cats because they're afraid of them. Morons. Shouldn't be allowed to have a cat of ANY color.

Indeed!! It would likely be a half a$$ed situation if a grown a$$ woman walked around with a half grown albino tiger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
What about a snow leapord, or Lynx?
I don't know about the snow leopard, but in certain states (including more rural areas of New York) if you take training as a wildlife rehabilitator /educator and get your state and federal license, you can own a Lynx.

A woman in my state that has a Youtube channel titled "WildlifeBernie" owns a Lynx named Max. He is somewhat of an education ambassador for Lynx and wildlife awareness, and Bernie takes him to certain venues (schools, etc) for that purpose.

Owning one is a MAJOR commitment and responsibility...

Old 09-14-2018, 07:06 PM

11,500 posts, read 19,604,379 times
Quote:

I totally agree EXCEPT for walking under a ladder. If you can walk under a ladder, chances are very good youíre in some sort of construction or other work zone. People drop things, things slip and fall off and in fact, sometimes people themselves fall. Donít ever walk under a ladder. To me thatís not superstition, itís common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or