U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2018, 07:45 AM
 
1,823 posts, read 425,083 times
Reputation: 1259

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Maybe it's some type of "drill" (on a small-scale town hosting this type of facility first) that residents were not made aware of.

Maybe it was a slow day at the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2018, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Concord NC
1,682 posts, read 917,675 times
Reputation: 4601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Maybe it was a slow day at the office.
Most likely explanation yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,184 posts, read 10,125,866 times
Reputation: 18263
We've learned that the F.B.I. have no interest in protecting this country; it's a rogue agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 02:08 PM
 
7,578 posts, read 1,750,895 times
Reputation: 3496
Did anyone hear George Noory and a guest talk about a secret or not so secret flight to the sun? I think it had to do with finding aliens or aliens were spotted close to the sun or Mercury or Venus. Anyone remember details? Any C2CAM subscribers?


Found this new article on the site
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...atory-closure/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Southern California
965 posts, read 1,011,255 times
Reputation: 2280
SUNSPOT, N.M. - The solar observatory located in Sunspot, N.M. that was closed for safety reasons is scheduled to reopen after it was shut down while the FBI investigated the area.

According to a release by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA), the observatory will reopen Monday after criminal activity was reported at Sacramento Peak.

The release also stated that the investigation involved a suspect who AURA officials believed posed a threat to the safety of staff and residents that live nearby.

AURA has not released the current status of the suspect or any information involving the suspect. According to AURA, they did not release any information about the closure because of the potential of alerting the suspect and impede the law enforcement investigation.

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico...tion/795918049
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
2,013 posts, read 908,368 times
Reputation: 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Did anyone hear George Noory and a guest talk about a secret or not so secret flight to the sun? I think it had to do with finding aliens or aliens were spotted close to the sun or Mercury or Venus. Anyone remember details? Any C2CAM subscribers?


Found this new article on the site
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...atory-closure/
The article by George Noory was really quite reasonable ... I was expecting more conspiracy-related content. I did not hear him and his guest talking though. I am not a subscriber to his program.

NASA does indeed have a mission underway to the Sun, but it has nothing to do with aliens or aliens being spotted close to the Sun. It's strictly a scientific mission ... nothing secret about it. There's nothing suspicious about the Sun.

Here's official info on the Parker Solar Probe. It's interesting even if not about aliens: https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Deep 13
991 posts, read 709,757 times
Reputation: 2927
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The article by George Noory was really quite reasonable ... I was expecting more conspiracy-related content. I did not hear him and his guest talking though. I am not a subscriber to his program.

NASA does indeed have a mission underway to the Sun, but it has nothing to do with aliens or aliens being spotted close to the Sun. It's strictly a scientific mission ... nothing secret about it. There's nothing suspicious about the Sun.

Here's official info on the Parker Solar Probe. It's interesting even if not about aliens: https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe
Sez you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 05:22 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Reputation: 17451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

My guess is some nutcase threatened to go there and do a mass shooting.

I try to take the Occam's razor approach. This is a facility that is studying the sun. They did not stumble upon the secrets to the universe, nor alien life and just because its located in same state as Roswell does not mean anything. Most likely the simple answer I suggested or something close to it.
This^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 05:54 PM
 
1,119 posts, read 815,589 times
Reputation: 2623
Sounds like they have the suspect in custody. We should find out what this was all about in a day or so. You think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,184 posts, read 10,125,866 times
Reputation: 18263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Sounds like they have the suspect in custody. We should find out what this was all about in a day or so. You think?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top