U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 05:02 PM

29,805 posts, read 15,208,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is what you do all the time on this forum.
Gish Gallop.

" the fallacious debate tactic of drowning your opponent in a flood of individually-weak arguments in order to prevent rebuttal of the whole argument collection without great effort"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

Old 09-20-2018, 05:40 PM

4,768 posts, read 2,593,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Gish Gallop.

" the fallacious debate tactic of drowning your opponent in a flood of individually-weak arguments in order to prevent rebuttal of the whole argument collection without great effort"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop
You are saying that without any evidence. ocpaul20 has said multiple times that he would not answer questions. Here is one time though not his most clear time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just because you would like your questions answered does not mean we have to answer them. Our reasons are our own and maybe have to do with our own personal situation or maybe we just prefer not to go off on a tangent discussion, who knows? It must be so frustrating for you too.

ocpaul20 often makes outrageous claims, most of them targeting the US government, and when asked questions about them will not give clear answers. I would love it if he would answer simple questions related to the topic.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You are saying that without any evidence. ocpaul20 has said multiple times that he would not answer questions. Here is one time though not his most clear time:

ocpaul20 often makes outrageous claims, most of them targeting the US government, and when asked questions about them will not give clear answers. I would love it if he would answer simple questions related to the topic.
I believe you may misunderstand me. I am saying that ocpaul20 is applying that very questionable tactic.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 PM

26,890 posts, read 38,133,169 times
He uses carefully worded questions designed to force reasonable, intelligent posters to respond because they feel the need to correct the falsehoods. And he always finds a way to keep a dead discussion going as long as possible. As noted in previous posts he rarely answers a question straightforwardly. When proven wrong he often attacks the poster that has done so. When a certain set of questions have finally been beat to a pulp he switches topics in order to extend his posting.

This charade will continue until everyone on CD ignores him. Then he will find a different forum for posting his silly ideas.

Let this thread die a decent death before it turns into that god awful mess in the Science forum.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:56 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,982,950 times
You all have the choice to stop posting. Your choice, but I guess you cannot leave it alone can you.

The thread in the science forum was 45 pages of which I probably had maybe 10 individual posts at most (some sad, sad person will probably go there and count how many I posted) so who kept it alive by arguing for 45 PAGES? Not me. You are the ones to keep these threads alive. What does it really matter if I have the totally wrong idea about these things? Who really cares? We all obviously have too much time to spend on here arguing.

When I ask question, it is likely there are others who want to ask them too, but do not want to get into arguments. Maybe I have thicker skin than others.

Not only that, the above is a PERFECT example of forum bullying when the playground bullies all come around and stick a boot in. Same old bullies eh? However, I think it is rather pathetic actually to see you all joining in to stroke one another and agree with one another. Moaning about how I am making life difficult for you. Why dont you just grow up and act your age - which is probably a bunch of old men of all over 50 with not much of a life and nothing better to do.

I am not going to play the victim to you guys. Sorry pick on someone else.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 09-21-2018 at 12:00 AM..

Old 09-21-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
You all have the choice to stop posting. Your choice, but I guess you cannot leave it alone can you.

The thread in the science forum was 45 pages of which I probably had maybe 10 individual posts at most (some sad, sad person will probably go there and count how many I posted) so who kept it alive by arguing for 45 PAGES? Not me. You are the ones to keep these threads alive. What does it really matter if I have the totally wrong idea about these things? Who really cares? We all obviously have too much time to spend on here arguing.

When I ask question, it is likely there are others who want to ask them too, but do not want to get into arguments. Maybe I have thicker skin than others.

Not only that, the above is a PERFECT example of forum bullying when the playground bullies all come around and stick a boot in. Same old bullies eh? However, I think it is rather pathetic actually to see you all joining in to stroke one another and agree with one another. Moaning about how I am making life difficult for you. Why dont you just grow up and act your age - which is probably a bunch of old men of all over 50 with not much of a life and nothing better to do.

I am not going to play the victim to you guys. Sorry pick on someone else.
You lie, always find a way to implicate the US government and do not even know what you are talking about and have admitted so. That does not help with the understanding of the Unexplained and Paranormal. Mostly you just regurgitate what you read on other sites. People who are interested in those topics would be better off going to the sources and not deal with the middleman that has no answers.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:58 AM

13,141 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
He uses carefully worded questions designed to force reasonable, intelligent posters to respond because they feel the need to correct the falsehoods. And he always finds a way to keep a dead discussion going as long as possible. As noted in previous posts he rarely answers a question straightforwardly. When proven wrong he often attacks the poster that has done so. When a certain set of questions have finally been beat to a pulp he switches topics in order to extend his posting.

This charade will continue until everyone on CD ignores him. Then he will find a different forum for posting his silly ideas.

Let this thread die a decent death before it turns into that god awful mess in the Science forum.

These are the same tactics used by a certain BF supporter. It even went farther than that when they would report anybody that did not believe or questioned their beliefs. Fortunately our forum has changed and now does allow us to question. So it is 'difficult' for those that always had the final say. They are having a hard time adapting to being questioned.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:47 AM

26,890 posts, read 38,133,169 times
I don't know what BF is. Or I'm going to feel silly when I do.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
What does it really matter if I have the totally wrong idea about these things? Who really cares?
Knowledge is better than ignorance. There's an inherent value to truth, or at least some of us feel that's the case.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I don't know what BF is. Or I'm going to feel silly when I do.
Big Foot, and I believe he is speaking of a poster that I actually have no problems with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or