U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 01:00 PM

26,804 posts, read 38,052,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You all have the choice to stop posting. Your choice, but I guess you cannot leave it alone can you.

The thread in the science forum was 45 pages of which I probably had maybe 10 individual posts at most (some sad, sad person will probably go there and count how many I posted) so who kept it alive by arguing for 45 PAGES? Not me. You are the ones to keep these threads alive. What does it really matter if I have the totally wrong idea about these things? Who really cares? We all obviously have too much time to spend on here arguing.

When I ask question, it is likely there are others who want to ask them too, but do not want to get into arguments. Maybe I have thicker skin than others.

Not only that, the above is a PERFECT example of forum bullying when the playground bullies all come around and stick a boot in. Same old bullies eh? However, I think it is rather pathetic actually to see you all joining in to stroke one another and agree with one another. Moaning about how I am making life difficult for you. Why dont you just grow up and act your age - which is probably a bunch of old men of all over 50 with not much of a life and nothing better to do.

I am not going to play the victim to you guys. Sorry pick on someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You mean like you are doing? If you are so certain of what you are saying then say it and "let this thread die." You have posted (more than once I believe) that you are tired of being "bullied" and won't come back. Yet here you are with yet another uninformed, baseless post. It's the same blather you've been desperately posting over and over and over.

As the previous poster said, "Truth has an inherent value." For you it has to be altered to "Truth has no inherent value unless it's the truth as I see it."

The reason all of us post on threads like these is that posters like you spew all this garbage hoping against hope that other like-minded individuals will validate your insidious beliefs. As you have constantly seen that is not happening.

It was the correct decision to move this thread to this forum. Exactly where it belongs, but only because there isn't a "Stupid Things People Post" forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You hope. I never said I was leaving because I do not believe it is a good thing to let bullies 'win'.

Truth is not absolute as there are usually more levels of 'truth' even in your sacred science. By that I mean that that our version of 'truth' is only as good as our current knowledge. So "Truth has an inherent value." is pretty meaningless really.

Posters like me? So this is your reason? There would be no discussion if people did not disagree and discuss the topic, it is the differences of opinions and different experiences which make the forum interesting and stimulating to engage in. If we all believed the same thing it would become boring.

It sounds as if you are speaking for the other bullies too so I guess you are all here to ensure "posters like me dont spew all this garbage" and when I stop, you will stop too. There will always be posters like me spewing their garbage as you call it.
Garbage is what you do not agree with or does not conform to your view of the world.

This attitude is how the world is convinced we are all so different that we have to blow each other up and kill each other.
Yes, you did. If you are going to consistently post your "ideas" and "theories" at least try to keep your own postings straight.

It never ends.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 PM

33,488 posts, read 51,605,753 times
Quote:
Truth is not absolute as there are usually more levels of 'truth' even in your sacred science.
Absolute truth can be only found inside a well-defined logical system. It's not flexible and not relative. It's a fact, and facts cannot be changed.

However, empirical truths are quite different. All the findings of science are empirical: they are based on evidence, and might be wrong or incomplete.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:14 PM

11,412 posts, read 19,394,003 times
Closed. I’m on a roll. 13 today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or