U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 04:34 AM

1,571 posts, read 356,866 times

Advertisements

Hard to put some text body, but... Who favors that there is something out there that either 1. We do know, and it is terrifying/scares us or. We don't know... However, are open that it may not be human or pure natural, etc?

Instead of "Ghosts don't exist..."
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 04:49 AM

343 posts, read 127,624 times
The best text would be found in Genesis 1. I would say it is not scary but very comforting!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:52 AM

2,579 posts, read 1,461,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Hard to put some text body, but... Who favors that there is something out there that either 1. We do know, and it is terrifying/scares us or. We don't know... However, are open that it may not be human or pure natural, etc?

I've had way too many totally inexplicable experiences to believe anything other than some things can't be explained through science or logic or whatever else makes it easier for people to sleep at night. I do think that when people push these things away and go to ridiculous lengths to invent explanations, it's mostly because of fear.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 PM

598 posts, read 499,652 times
I have done enough research in the paranormal arena to know that
not every incident can be explained rationally. There are people with
good reputations and a lot to lose who have spoke publicly about
experiences they cannot explain. There are incidents with multiple
witnesses at the same time that point to the existence of the paranormal.

https://www.toptenz.net/10-murder-vi...g-in-peace.php

The Lisa Posluns murder was one of the very few court cases that allowed a
ghost sighting in a testimony.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:37 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,884,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I've had way too many totally inexplicable experiences to believe anything other than some things can't be explained through science or logic or whatever else makes it easier for people to sleep at night. I do think that when people push these things away and go to ridiculous lengths to invent explanations, it's mostly because of fear.
Agree with everything you said.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:49 PM

14,936 posts, read 19,595,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

Are you talking about the paranormal in general or ghosts in particular?

Myself, I think the cosmos is vast beyond our comprehension and we are only beginning to understand its secrets. If all the knowledge in the multiverse were contained in a library of trillions of books, each one of which had trillions of pages, I'd say we're about halfway through the first chapter of the first book.

Just because we don't yet understand something doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a good explanation. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghosts have been part of the human experience for millennia across all cultures and religions. I think we'd be rather arrogant to think that there isn't something going on there. Exactly what that might be ... I don't know.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:39 PM

4,007 posts, read 3,227,295 times
If you're talking specifically about ghosts, yes, I believe people experience hauntings (I've lived in two haunted houses where strange occurrences happened on a nightly basis) -- but no, I don't believe these experiences are caused by the spirits of dead human beings.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:24 PM

563 posts, read 355,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I have done enough research in the paranormal arena to know that
not every incident can be explained rationally. There are people with
good reputations and a lot to lose who have spoke publicly about
experiences they cannot explain. There are incidents with multiple
witnesses at the same time that point to the existence of the paranormal.

https://www.toptenz.net/10-murder-vi...g-in-peace.php

The Lisa Posluns murder was one of the very few court cases that allowed a
ghost sighting in a testimony.
From the link you inserted, the 7 story specifically caught my attention, I wonder if it were possible that paranormal activities mentioned in the link could refer to what had happened. The last person saw her would consider the first suspect but not necessarily a killer.
According to the description given, I do rule out that she committed suicide, accident alone is so very far also. Accident with crime is possible, or crime alone is reasonable.
If this story is real, why I don't find anything about it in the True Crime forum?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:29 PM

1,853 posts, read 839,302 times
Have you guys ever heard of this one? It's the "face in the window" of the courthouse in Carrolltonl, Alabama. I remember seeing it as a small child, and I also remember that it did indeed look like a face, but that could have been the case of a child (or anyone, actually) seeing what they're supposed to see. Supposedly the stories about washing the glass, replacing the glass, etc., are true, but I have my doubts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picken...llton,_Alabama)

Old 09-22-2018, 10:33 PM

3,008 posts, read 2,177,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
The problem is that the camera is never roling when these "inexplicable" things are going on. Everybody walks around with a camera these days, yet not one close-up of bigfoot where the eyes are clearly moving, not one levitation during an excorcism, not one gray alien flipping a spock live-lone-and-propser sign after walking out of a spaceship.

Yeah, call me a skeptic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or