U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM

5,899 posts, read 2,441,391 times

Advertisements

So I caught a UFO on camera when I was taking a land scape photo, I did not see it until weeks later when a friend caught it.

I now want to set up a solar powered lte high resolution wide angle time lapse camera that can endure harsh weather conditions and perhaps be hooked up to an external battery so that aux battery can charge during the limited sun light and run through the night.

The camera also has to have great night time viewing from long distances (it would be cool to catch northern lights and shooting stars in addition to paranormal craft).

I have seen that there are more and more pre-packaged systems coming out. Does anyone know of a good camera like this that can be set up on a remote viewing platform and then just left and logged into via lap top from the lte connections.

My dad has some property over looking the mountians that object was found and a viewing platform he built on a bluff I could bolt it to, to endure winds, etc.

I just dont want to have to manage the camera constantly like you have to do with a gopro, it needs to be completely passive and just sends the time lapse video to my lap top as well as allow anyone to log in and view it randomly in real time.

I am hoping something like this exists for the cost of a gopro and not 5 figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Status: "Waiting for the orange of the season to trigger people" (set 3 days ago)

17,142 posts, read 8,437,577 times
Probably best to ask about this in the Photography forum on c-d or a camera specific forum such as dpreview.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

115 posts, read 8,791 times

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,964,745 times
pittsflyer I am also interested in this setting up a camera to capture stuff in the sky.

You might want to check out UFO Detector at ufoid.net website. It is a Windows program which is free Open Source I think and he encourages people to post their video on that website.

Raspberry Pi is a project he is working on at the moment so that might be a solution for you which is not too expensive.

I think a lot of the stuff going on in the skies at the moment is military new technology across the world and undoubtedly if one country has it, then other countries are doing their best to obtain that and copy for themselves. This is not to say ALL of it is military man-made but I feel most of it is.

Old Today, 03:50 AM

5,899 posts, read 2,441,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
pittsflyer I am also interested in this setting up a camera to capture stuff in the sky.

You might want to check out UFO Detector at ufoid.net website. It is a Windows program which is free Open Source I think and he encourages people to post their video on that website.

Raspberry Pi is a project he is working on at the moment so that might be a solution for you which is not too expensive.

I think a lot of the stuff going on in the skies at the moment is military new technology across the world and undoubtedly if one country has it, then other countries are doing their best to obtain that and copy for themselves. This is not to say ALL of it is military man-made but I feel most of it is.
I am hoping to find a packaged solution as I have way to many other "from scratch" projects. If I cant find enough interested parties to flip the bill for a turn key camera system.

So apparently native iphone photos are too large for this forum ..... I dont want to try manually resizing it.

Old Today, 05:31 AM

2,703 posts, read 2,964,745 times
The source in on github, the windows download is available on the website. Whats the problem?

Are you using Linux and want a package from the repository? Have you actually been to the website I gave you and seen what is there? What investigation for packages have you done, because I seem to remember there are various applications available out there whatever OS you are using.

Try telling us a little more information, but you might have to do some of the work yourself by compiling from source if you need to use Linux OS.

The forum software will resize images which are too large for the screen and allow visitors to click for the actual size of image, so you should be able to upload a picture of any size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or