U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 05:47 PM

9,465 posts, read 15,050,065 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by MaryleeII Somehow GP was laying next to me, wrapped in something like a paper bag. The paper was old and brittle. I somehow sensed it was GP, I said Grandpa, is that you? He answered don't turn around or look at me, you won't like what you see. I then asked are you dead? He said yes, but he had something important to tell me. Then he proceeded to say something I couldn't quite make out, something about someone named Peterson, and I needed to tell my mother. I don't know any Peterson!

Oh, Geez There is a connection between Peterson and my mother----she was buried through Peterson Funeral Home! I made the arrangements, but its not a detail one commits to memory I was going through some old papers and dredged up that little fact!

I know most here think somehow I'm reading too much into all this, but there's simply too many connections for it all to be just something I "dreamed up". I feel Grandpa is trying to reach me, to tell me something, that he needs resolved before he can pass over----
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 PM

4,984 posts, read 5,471,946 times
I make no claims to any sort of psychic power, but you don't have to wait until you see your grandfather in a dream to speak to him. You can do so at any time!

Just concentrate and ask him out loud if there is something that he wants you to know or do, and then go about your business. Chances are that if there is something important you must know, you'll get some sort of sign or insight, and there will be no mistaking it when it happens. It might happen that day or it might be several days or longer.

If it doesn't happen, then your dreams are just dreams with no special meaning. Don't drive yourself crazy!

Old 10-20-2018, 07:40 PM

6,169 posts, read 3,267,024 times
Wow, this is interesting. To have a repetitive type of dream involving the same person. Can't say that's happened to me.

"Plowed the whole field." My first thought was...lived a full life. Can't do that in Michigan. He did, but maybe you can't.

Florida: Maybe Florida is a place for you to consider. But maybe it's just because Florida was in the news because of the big hurricane that just passed through it.

"Terrible thing to lose a child" and "Peterson." Are your GP and your mother not buried in the same cemetery, maybe?

I've had a few really odd dreams that I've remembered, but they've been rare. I don't remember dreams. But when I did have them, they were obvious things...like an ex-husband showing up, or being engulfed in a deluge of water, or being on a roller coaster. Not nearly as interesting, or scary, as a deceased relative showing up to tell me something.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:46 PM

4,019 posts, read 1,790,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
All food for thought....I've been thinking along the same lines....it will be interesting to pursue a DNA search....

My parents went to Florida for their honeymoon. Perhaps a child was conceived there? I wasn't born until years later.

Whatever Just to note, I didn't have any dream about Grandpa, or anyone else, last night. I will continue to keep track of the dreams, to see if they fit any pattern.
I think it would be interesting to do the DNA thing. Heck; initially my questions before using 23 & Me had to do with my blood type & a 6'4", blue-eyed blonde "Greek" great-grandfather.

It ended up solving the blood type issue & then two deathbed incomplete "confessions": Both my grandmother & her sister, the night before they died (several years apart), had told a family member; "I have to tell you something about our family ..." but they both died before revealing what it was!

Well; got that one figured out now (with no help from beyond, I might add). I still haven't figured out the "Adonis" greek guy mystery but I'm totally hooked on the genealogy stuff!

In regards to lost children, it could be anything; a half-sibling of your grandfathers, a child put up for adoption, a stillborn, or maybe even a missing persons case ...

Or; I'm completely off base; who knows.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I think it would be interesting to do the DNA thing. Heck; initially my questions before using 23 & Me had to do with my blood type & a 6'4", blue-eyed blonde "Greek" great-grandfather.

It ended up solving the blood type issue & then two deathbed incomplete "confessions": Both my grandmother & her sister, the night before they died (several years apart), had told a family member; "I have to tell you something about our family ..." but they both died before revealing what it was!

Well; got that one figured out now (with no help from beyond, I might add). I still haven't figured out the "Adonis" greek guy mystery but I'm totally hooked on the genealogy stuff!

In regards to lost children, it could be anything; a half-sibling of your grandfathers, a child put up for adoption, a stillborn, or maybe even a missing persons case ...

Or; I'm completely off base; who knows.
My mother did have a stillborn infant -- a girl -- before I was born, but I already knew that. I assume Grandpa knew that I knew...I asked my mother where the stillborn's body was buried, she said "they" just cremated her, we didn't have the money to bury her. I've always felt that a strange answer. Even if my parents didn't have the money, my grandparents did. Back then, stillborns weren't given funerals, the parents were just given a death certificate. My mother said the hospital cremated her. I didn't press, since the subject upset her.

I've still wondered about her remains...

Just to note---the above is reality, not part of a dream

Last edited by MaryleeII; 10-20-2018 at 08:32 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 08:33 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,708,863 times
Quote:
My Grandfather passed over thirty years ago, but I still remember him fondly.

Lately I've had many dreams about him, and I feel his spirit is trying to tell me something.

In the dreams, he is always deceased, and in an advanced state of decomposition, which doesn't bother me . Also, usually he's in his house, the house he built himself and lived in for 70+ years. In the dreams, he is trying to tell me something, but it usually doesn't make sense, is garbled, and I can't remember most of it.

For the past week, I've had almost the exact same dream. Grandpa is in his house, dead, wrapped in a shroud. We have a conversation but I don't remember much of it. The part I remember is, he says two things---

first, he says its a terrible thing to lose a child. In the dream I ask him if he ever lost a child, and he says no.

Then he tells me he plowed the whole field. I ask him where was the field, in Michigan? He says naah, you can't grow anything in Michigan, the soil's no good. (actually the soil is quite rich in Michigan, especially for fruit trees). Then he says Florida has rich soil. I ask him did you plow a field in Florida? But then the dream fades out...…

Just last night I had a similar dream. I was in Grandpa's house, he was dead and wrapped in a shroud. I tried to ask him where was the field you plowed? But no answer...…

Grandpa was from West Virginia, but spent most of his life in Michigan. To my knowledge, he never lived in Florida. He did visit there many times, but just for a vacation. I don't know of any relative in Florida, either.

Also, in the dreams, Grandpa seems to be getting weaker, like he can't communicate. I'm going to try to remember, if I have the dream again, to ask him what do you want me to know? I feel his spirit is leaving this life and he wants me to know something....

Oh, also, he was never a farmer. His father was a blacksmith and Grandpa was a mechanic, so the reference to plowing makes no sense, unless its representative of something he's trying to tell me.....

Any thoughts? What could these dreams mean?

Also, in these dreams I'm extremely sad and usually wake up crying. I've had dreams about Grandpa over the years, but never ones which provoked such sadness.

I think, more than your Grandfather reaching out and trying to tell you something, that there is something you are projecting into these dreams. Maybe you have some current stress in your life, maybe, as you get older you are starting to think of your own mortality.

Not saying you are crazy, but sometimes sitting down with a professional can help sort through these things. He/she may find that there is something bothering you right now that needs addressed.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:42 PM

Ok, thanks, folks! This thread is through.

I can certainly tell the difference between my own "crazy dreams" and a possible message from beyond. I didn't come here to defend my sanity! I thought coming to this board -- its Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal -- or did I take a wrong turn? Anyways, I thought there would be some sensitivity to the possibility of something "Unexplained and Paranormal". If I wanted to discuss if I'm "crazy", well, there's other boards for that!

I have plenty of dreams about other topics, and if you want to read my posts, I stated I typically don't automatically believe every dream is some sort of message from beyond. However, it is a possibility. I just feel in this case its more than just a dream, but I didn't come here to be called crazy, nor to defend myself!

Good Night, Everyone

Old 10-21-2018, 01:20 AM

4,019 posts, read 1,790,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think, more than your Grandfather reaching out and trying to tell you something, that there is something you are projecting into these dreams. Maybe you have some current stress in your life, maybe, as you get older you are starting to think of your own mortality.

Not saying you are crazy, but sometimes sitting down with a professional can help sort through these things. He/she may find that there is something bothering you right now that needs addressed.
?
Her dreams sound nothing like stress related dreams & even less like the delusion-of-grandeur dream of a “crazy” person.

That her grandpa always appears as “long-dead” is a huge clue, that neither fear nor grief are to be the primary focus.

Believe me; I have suffered PTSD for 24 years due to the witnessing of a sudden, unexpected & traumatic death & the guilt that followed due to my failed resuscitation attempts. I KNOW those dreams ... & hers were not those.

The OP also stated that her grandpa has been gone for over 30 years. This is not an acute grief, nor does it sound like Morbid Grief.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:57 AM

372 posts, read 80,385 times
A good many people in Florida are transplants from northern states When I lived in Ohio, it was common after every snow storm to say "I'm moving to Florida". That the grandfather traveled to Florida often, he probably saw it as something of the 'promised' land and OP got that sense as a child. I wonder if OP, herself is tired of Michigan and dreams of moving south too. Maybe she lives in a high crime area and fears that. I find that with my dreams, they are a combination of random things and past experiences reassembled into a story line. OP's dream might be too.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:52 AM

4,040 posts, read 3,278,352 times
Quote:
Ok, thanks, folks! This thread is through.

I can certainly tell the difference between my own "crazy dreams" and a possible message from beyond. I didn't come here to defend my sanity! ... I just feel in this case its more than just a dream, but I didn't come here to be called crazy, nor to defend myself!
Except for Don1945's post no one has suggested seeing professional help. No one has attacked you, including Don1945.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or