U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:28 AM

9,230 posts, read 20,268,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I think it would be interesting to do the DNA thing. Heck; initially my questions before using 23 & Me had to do with my blood type & a 6'4", blue-eyed blonde "Greek" great-grandfather.

It ended up solving the blood type issue & then two deathbed incomplete "confessions": Both my grandmother & her sister, the night before they died (several years apart), had told a family member; "I have to tell you something about our family ..." but they both died before revealing what it was!

Well; got that one figured out now (with no help from beyond, I might add). I still haven't figured out the "Adonis" greek guy mystery but I'm totally hooked on the genealogy stuff!

In regards to lost children, it could be anything; a half-sibling of your grandfathers, a child put up for adoption, a stillborn, or maybe even a missing persons case ...

Or; I'm completely off base; who knows.
I agree that she should do DNA. She should start with Ancestry and if she acts quick; she'll be able to get it done pretty quickly then uploaded to My Heritage which will start charging December 1st. I'm not sure what the new charge will be.

See my thread Family tree and DNA general instructions scroll down to now to the DNA where I link to every company. FTDNA also has free uploads as does a public site called GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis. She can really make her DNA money go far with the free uploads. That will only leave 23 and me which should go on sale for Black Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 11:38 AM

9,230 posts, read 20,268,764 times
I opened my gmail to see an email from Ancestry DNA saying it's $69 ending today so it's the perfect time to order it. It doesn't go on sale for that low too often

Old 10-21-2018, 05:27 PM

7,030 posts, read 6,666,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My Grandfather passed over thirty years ago, but I still remember him fondly.

Lately I've had many dreams about him, and I feel his spirit is trying to tell me something.

In the dreams, he is always deceased, and in an advanced state of decomposition, which doesn't bother me . Also, usually he's in his house, the house he built himself and lived in for 70+ years. In the dreams, he is trying to tell me something, but it usually doesn't make sense, is garbled, and I can't remember most of it.

For the past week, I've had almost the exact same dream. Grandpa is in his house, dead, wrapped in a shroud. We have a conversation but I don't remember much of it. The part I remember is, he says two things---

first, he says its a terrible thing to lose a child. In the dream I ask him if he ever lost a child, and he says no.

Then he tells me he plowed the whole field. I ask him where was the field, in Michigan? He says naah, you can't grow anything in Michigan, the soil's no good. (actually the soil is quite rich in Michigan, especially for fruit trees). Then he says Florida has rich soil. I ask him did you plow a field in Florida? But then the dream fades out...…

Just last night I had a similar dream. I was in Grandpa's house, he was dead and wrapped in a shroud. I tried to ask him where was the field you plowed? But no answer...…

Grandpa was from West Virginia, but spent most of his life in Michigan. To my knowledge, he never lived in Florida. He did visit there many times, but just for a vacation. I don't know of any relative in Florida, either.

Also, in the dreams, Grandpa seems to be getting weaker, like he can't communicate. I'm going to try to remember, if I have the dream again, to ask him what do you want me to know? I feel his spirit is leaving this life and he wants me to know something....

Oh, also, he was never a farmer. His father was a blacksmith and Grandpa was a mechanic, so the reference to plowing makes no sense, unless its representative of something he's trying to tell me.....

Any thoughts? What could these dreams mean?

Also, in these dreams I'm extremely sad and usually wake up crying. I've had dreams about Grandpa over the years, but never ones which provoked such sadness.
My guess is that in his last days or years he was in a poor physical state and you had a strong aversion to seeing him in that state. You either avoided seeing him or was strongly repulsed by the condition. That is how you're remembering him in your dreams.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 9,744,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Except for Don1945's post no one has suggested seeing professional help. No one has attacked you, including Don1945.

Thank you for understanding that I was not saying anything negative about the OP, just throwing out another possibility. As much as we would sometimes love to think there are things we don't understand, they often have rational explanations.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:07 PM

1,130 posts, read 864,995 times
Your recurring dreams are because you are stressed about something in your waken life. It's not your grandpa nor the fields or anything. They hold no meaning but you are bothered about something. You dreamt about them because they are in your life.

It's like making a movie and they are the actors you've chosen. You have a plot and you don't know what it is. Yet. I have recurring dreams that the same old over and over and they stopped. Why I don't know but whatever it is I solved it. I have different recurring dreams for different reasons and they'll be until I solved it.

Think about what little thing happened that may have caused these recurring dreams. It can be a little thing like a cashier shorted you your change or you're mad at a friend for something that just flat stupid. It could even be a scene from a show that did not make sense.

What a dream do is sorting and filing your memories from your day to day living. Sometimes a dream just don't make sense.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 AM

580 posts, read 363,015 times
Quote:

Lately I've had many dreams about him, and I feel his spirit is trying to tell me something.

In the dreams, he is always deceased, and in an advanced state of decomposition, which doesn't bother me . Also, usually he's in his house, the house he built himself and lived in for 70+ years. In the dreams, he is trying to tell me something, but it usually doesn't make sense, is garbled, and I can't remember most of it.

For the past week, I've had almost the exact same dream. Grandpa is in his house, dead, wrapped in a shroud. We have a conversation but I don't remember much of it. The part I remember is, he says two things---

first, he says its a terrible thing to lose a child. In the dream I ask him if he ever lost a child, and he says no.

Then he tells me he plowed the whole field. I ask him where was the field, in Michigan? He says naah, you can't grow anything in Michigan, the soil's no good. (actually the soil is quite rich in Michigan, especially for fruit trees). Then he says Florida has rich soil. I ask him did you plow a field in Florida? But then the dream fades out...

Just last night I had a similar dream. I was in Grandpa's house, he was dead and wrapped in a shroud. I tried to ask him where was the field you plowed? But no answer...

Grandpa was from West Virginia, but spent most of his life in Michigan. To my knowledge, he never lived in Florida. He did visit there many times, but just for a vacation. I don't know of any relative in Florida, either.

Also, in the dreams, Grandpa seems to be getting weaker, like he can't communicate. I'm going to try to remember, if I have the dream again, to ask him what do you want me to know? I feel his spirit is leaving this life and he wants me to know something....

Oh, also, he was never a farmer. His father was a blacksmith and Grandpa was a mechanic, so the reference to plowing makes no sense, unless its representative of something he's trying to tell me.....

Also, in these dreams I'm extremely sad and usually wake up crying. I've had dreams about Grandpa over the years, but never ones which provoked such sadness.

-Maybe it's a culture difference, to me, I see you all went faraway in your explanations. In such similar dreams, ( And from my belief ). This dream _in general_ is represent the situation of the dead person you dreamed AFTER DEATH. All humans will be questioned to what they had done in their life Before DEATH. Because death is not the end of life, God didn't create us to die. Physical body is gone, but soul is still alive. The connection between the body and soul cut or separated by death. That's why when you speak to someone whose dead he couldn't answer you, although he realizes whom in his funeral and whom is crying on him/her and what happened to his body. His soul is there see what happening and what's going on. But we couldn't see that. When the biggest day (maybe called " Doomsday" in English I'm not sure of the vocab). This physical body that got decomposition in this life_ By the God's command_ will turn back to his soul.

- In such similar dreams, we understand that the dead person's situation is not alright. That's could explain seeing him weak and sick as if he were dead today.
"plowed the whole field" it doesn't necessarily mean physical thing like fruit or orange as you imagine. This COULD refer to the "whole work he had done in his mundane life". He harvested what he had done, what he had done for God, for his life after death, for the biggest day. All humans will reap the seeds they had sowed.

-In general, dead people now will be questioned to what they had done, so some are happy and in a good situation and others are regretful and in a bad situation. This topic has branches. I take it in general no need to write religious details.

In SOME such a dream_in general_ we understand that the dead person needs more work, and that's explain his coming repeatedly to his relatives in a weak situation. OR he might want something to be fixed. If he could turn back to this life to do more work or correct/fix/complete somethings that made him get stuck after death, he would, but time is over. If he's lucky, he would find someone from his relatives or whatever to remember him in his pray and it will reach to him.

-For example (It's just example NOT your GP):
someone had borrowed some money or ANYTHING from another person, and then he postponed or didn't give it back until he died.
If the person who lent him is still unsatisfied, and didn't forgive the dead person about taking his stuff and not give it back. The dead person will get stuck in this issue, he will suffer when he's being questioned _after death_ about his whole work (before death). Because it's unfair and against God's regulations.
If the person who lent him already forgave him whether he got back his stuff or not, the dead's person situation will be fine, he will pass this issue.
Or
If someone of the dead person's relatives gave back what he had borrowed to the owner. The dead's person situation will be also fine.

- In a case that you know that your GP had something uncompleted in this life, you can complete it if you want. You know that he had visited Florida a lot on vacations, but for what?
Did he have something there or just as a tourist? If you don't know, you don't have to look up. We can take this issue in general that this person needs more work. Just you can do ANY of what I'll write below.

Things that helps:

- we usually pray for God, and ask the God to give the reward of this pray to the "dead person". we specify him/her, and it will reach to him/her.
- Ask God for forgiveness 100 times, for instance, and we do this instead of that dead person, we INTEND that dead person by this work, and it will reach to him.

- Help poor people for God, and ask God to give the reward of this work to that dead person, and it will help to make his situation better.
- Participate even a little in charity for God, and ask God to send the reward of this work to the dead person.

Some times, soon or after some period of time, we could dream of the same dead person and see him/her happy and in a good situation. Then, we understand that what we had done for him already reached to him/her. Or another person, who doesn't know what we have done, could see that dead person in his dream happy and comfortable and tell him to send greetings/ thanks to us. Then we can figure out what he meant.

Good works that you can do is a lot, it's uncountable, what I mentioned above is just examples. The most important thing about the work to be good and not against God. even the small thing such as to water a thirsty cat or dog, it helps. In God's evaluation, it's big.

- Look what I emphasized it in red. This statement _ according to me _ I don't see it good. I prefer not to tell you. Because if I told you the negative explanation, it could happen.

-In my culture, in such similar things, we didn't say what it said, if we became annoyed/worried, we can pay whatever, even very very tiny thing to charity to help people in need. This _in my belief_ would prevent bad things from happening OR if it happened, the affection wouldn't be the same.

- About dreams topic, some people are exaggerated, they could consider dreamer, they take all dreams seriously. we are NOT supposed to be like this. We need to be realistic. Only PART of dreams we can consider. I might speak about this topic when I get a chance.

Good luck

Old 10-26-2018, 02:50 AM

3,467 posts, read 1,270,567 times
Quote:

Then he tells me he plowed the whole field. I ask him where was the field, in Michigan? He says naah, you can't grow anything in Michigan, the soil's no good. (actually the soil is quite rich in Michigan, especially for fruit trees). Then he says Florida has rich soil. I ask him did you plow a field in Florida? But then the dream fades out...

Just last night I had a similar dream. I was in Grandpa's house, he was dead and wrapped in a shroud. I tried to ask him where was the field you plowed? But no answer...

Probably asking you to move from your current state of residence

Old 10-30-2018, 07:11 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,743,307 times
I do not want to steal this thread but I have recurring dreams about my late Grandfather too

I DO believe that there is a significance to recurring dreams. They do have a unique cause and message. I do not think that the message or symbolism is universal though, what your grandfather may say or do in a dream does not mean the same to mine in my dreams, for example, because everyones life and experience is unique.

The dreams i have seem to have continued over the years. From what I can read in your posts, this seems to be happening in some degree with yours as well. What happens in one dream may be a slight continuation of what I dreamt last.

So what can WE take from this ?
Well first, our grandfathers were admirable, especially by us. We got some valuable wisdom from them while alive. They seemed to have some idea or experience that we found beneficial.
Second, we miss them. And that is ok. We have accepted their deaths, but we still miss them.

Do we wish our grandfathers could share bits of wisdom with us still? I think so, and perhaps these dreams are evidence of this. I am certain you had experiences where your grand dad told you or taught you something useful. Perhaps more than you consciously remember. And now through your dreams, you are still getting advice from him.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:09 AM

1,130 posts, read 864,995 times
Y'all saw your grandpas as sages so it's understandable that you dreamed of them because you're seeking solutions in your lives.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 AM

708 posts, read 528,314 times
He wants to tell you to "Drink your Ovaltine"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or