Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 02:28 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times

Advertisements

This may not seem too weird, buy it really kind of shocked me.

I was watching the movie Oblivion, with Tom Cruise. Basically, the earth has been rendered unlivable due to alien invasion and he is one of the people ‘mopping’ up, before all humans leave for good. He has found a spot that still has trees and birds, and he built a small home that he visits sometimes, with remnants of life before the invasion...books, furniture, even a record player.(no, I don’t know how he powers it!).

One scene has him thumbing thru some beat up albums, looking for something to play. The song ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’, by Procol Harum, a huge hit in 1967, flashed briefly through my mind. He played something else.

Near the end of the movie, he has been reunited with his wife and brings her to this place. As the camera shows him standing outside, apparently lost in thought, his wife starts to walk towards him. A Whiter Shade of Pale starts to play!! I sat there with my mouth open. She comes up to him and says, ‘This was always one of your favorite songs’.

I went back and watched the first scene, as he is going thru the albums, to see if that album had been shown onscreen, and I unconsciously picked it up. Nope, never showed it.

I am just amazed that I came up with the song, and it was mentioned in the later scene.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 02:45 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Any chance you had seen the movie before, or perhaps a promotional preview where the song was played, and you'd forgotten about it?

Old 10-22-2018, 05:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post

I was watching the movie Oblivion, with Tom Cruise. Basically, the earth has been rendered unlivable due to alien invasion and he is one of the people ‘mopping’ up, before all humans leave for good. He has found a spot that still has trees and birds, and he built a small home that he visits sometimes, with remnants of life before the invasion...books, furniture, even a record player.(no, I don’t know how he powers it!).

One scene has him thumbing thru some beat up albums, looking for something to play. The song ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’, by Procol Harum, a huge hit in 1967, flashed briefly through my mind. He played something else.

Near the end of the movie, he has been reunited with his wife and brings her to this place. As the camera shows him standing outside, apparently lost in thought, his wife starts to walk towards him. A Whiter Shade of Pale starts to play!! I sat there with my mouth open. She comes up to him and says, ‘This was always one of your favorite songs’.

I went back and watched the first scene, as he is going thru the albums, to see if that album had been shown onscreen, and I unconsciously picked it up. Nope, never showed it.

I am just amazed that I came up with the song, and it was mentioned in the later scene.

What do you all think?

We all have this innate intuitive ability. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
I have on several occasions throughout my life been singing or humming a song in my head only to hear it shortly after.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Strange things happen when you skip the light fandango....

Old 10-23-2018, 07:09 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,193,358 times
I have frequently had this kind of experience! And the synchronicity of it blows me away each time. Here's my latest experience - also with a movie.

A couple of nights ago, I had received a deck of tarot cards. Never had any experience with them previously, so I am in the learning stage. But I decided to do a "test" spread on myself - first spread ever. One very prominent card literally jumped out first during the shuffle - the 10 of Swords. So I researched it's meaning and it stuck in my head because it's a kind of ominous card and it did actually fit what was happening at the time.

Speed ahead an hour... I sat down to watch a movie I'd seen before a few years ago - A Walk on the Moon. In one scene, while the family is vacationing at an upstate New York Jewish summer camp (which was very popular family getaway in the 50-60's), the grandmother is giving a tarot reading to her friend on the patio. The friend becomes kind of spooked at this reading, and to emphasize that point, the grandmother holds up the 10 of Swords card. Now, the viewer cannot make out any of the other cards on the card table. Only the 10 of Swords card is clearly shown to the camera. Oy, did that grab my attention!! Just an hour before, I had drawn that card as my first ever tarot card, for my first ever tarot reading. Yikes! Now THAT'S what I call synchronicity!

This kind of stuff happens in my life constantly - on tv, radio, billboards, bumper stickers - you name it. It even happened once as I was standing in line to check out at the grocery store. The lady in front of me said a sentence to someone at the exact same second that I was reading those very words in a magazine. As I read it, she said the words, as if she were reading the magazine aloud herself! Now - seriously - how freaky is THAT!?

But I've noticed that this phenomenon comes in waves of cycles, or clusters of events. I'll have a lot of them happen in a short time, then I can go months with nothing happening. Then boom! It will start again for some period of time then stop. I still don't know the significance of this intermittent pattern. Why sometimes I can't escape it for a while, and then can go for a long time with nothing happening.

I Googled this phenomenon, and there actually is a name for it (which I can't remember at the moment). A phenomenon of reading or thinking a string of words that are mimicked or mirrored back at you at the EXACT same time from some outside source - like someone on tv or radio, or a song you're listening to, or the guy next to you. It's so freaky and so cool. I never knew the cause of this before, but now I strongly suspect that the collective unconscious is the source of this. We are all connected through this web of "all that is".

Last edited by BijouBaby; 10-23-2018 at 07:38 AM..

Old 10-23-2018, 02:39 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,016,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post

What do you all think?

This happens to me fairly frequently, and has for years. I'm not sure what causes it, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say it's exactly a psychic super-power. Then again, I also found out years ago that I can dowse water with a coat hanger, so who knows?

Old 10-26-2018, 12:23 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Your guides are sending you the information. Now you know you are capable of receiving it.

It's a normal ability in spite of people who don't think so.

Whenever you get information abruptly - something just pops into your head and it's correct - it's your guides. It's very different than the usual flowing nature of one's own thoughts.

BTW, this is exactly how psychics get their information too. The only difference is that they get more.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:11 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Your guides are sending you the information. Now you know you are capable of receiving it.

Whenever you get information abruptly - something just pops into your head and it's correct - it's your guides. It's very different than the usual flowing nature of one's own thoughts.

BTW, this is exactly how psychics get their information too. The only difference is that they get more.
I absolutely agree with this way of explaining it. I have had these experiences many times, and sometimes these messages come in as an urgent impulse to act, a quiet voice inside my head, or just a "knowing", without doubt.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:49 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

After 911, it wasn’t unusual to hear about someone who worked at the WTC, but decided not to go to work that day. My cousins wife is one of them, a very dedicated employee who almost never called in sick and would not take a sick day just to avoid going to work. She woke up that day, and as she is preparing for work, she just had an urge to stay home. No reason, just a sudden feeling that she should not go to work. Very unlike her to do this.

As the tragedy unfolded, she got physically sick thinking about what could have happened, and, to this day, still cannot rationalize how she decided to stay home. Definitely some survivor guilt involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal