U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:02 PM

15,846 posts, read 22,964,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post

"Did anyone notice that almost every Pisces reading for October 2018 is almost the same. Someone from the past and someone from the future....choices to come and to make...actually kinda curious how this will end up this month."

and

"Yup..every reading ex returning..."

Magazine horoscopes gave Astrology a bad rap, in no way representative of true astrology reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM

3,117 posts, read 1,665,464 times
Quote:
I've always wondered about tarot and whether it is a legit. tool for devinating the future.

I randomly watched a few tarot readings for my astrological sign for Oct. and Nov. on YouTube last weekend, and I was stunned about how many said the same thing concerning a certain event in my life. And these were just general public readings too, not readings specifically for me.

Time will tell if the predictions actually come to pass in the next couple of months. But I really began to see a definite trend of the videos sampled, of the same predictions happening in the same time frame. There were also some readings that didn't resonate with me, but most did and they were pretty specific too on the events and conditions surrounding them.

How can several random people all over the world do readings about the same topic, be pulling roughly the same cards, and come to the same conclusions?! I would have thought there would be way more deviation than this, since all they're doing is pulling random cards and interpreting their meaning. But wow, they mostly aligned on this topic.

This is not at all like horoscopes that usually give drastically different predictions. These tarot reading were all very similar, even when different cards were drawn by the reader. How do certain cards "present" themselves to be pulled or jump out of the deck?

So, tarot.... What's the deal?
O Mystic One, please answer the following question:

How many people on earth share ‘your’ astrological sign?

Answer: Over 600 MILLION people.

Do you REALLY think those seemingly convergent tarot readings are applicable in any way to that 600 million member cohort? Have you heard of stacking the deck? Of copying others videos to lend credence to your beliefs? Jerking people around for the fun of it?

YouTube keeps a historical list of every video you watch. Check it out, if these videos are so important you will find them.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:19 PM

604 posts, read 288,413 times
Clearly your belief won't be changed and I have no desire to change it. I'm just reporting my experience. How or why it happened is unimportant to me. What was predicted by several readings was true. As was the outcome. You don't seem to know much about tarot readings. I suggest you watch a few. Your concerns about who it affects is addressed at the beginning of each reading by each reader. I wish people would know what they're talking about before they mouth off about a topic. Youre just showing your apparent ignorance about it. Go learn. Then speak. Otherwise...

Old 10-23-2018, 06:36 PM

3,684 posts, read 1,238,709 times
Quote:
You don't seem to know much about tarot readings. I suggest you watch a few.
"Tarot" is Roma for "cold."

Old 10-23-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
"Tarot" is Roma for "cold."
...and your point is what exactly?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Ah. You know he rejected atomic theory? That his power transmission schemes depended not on putting electricity in one end and taking it out the other but "plucking the Earth's magnetic strings" to create power on the receiving end? That he compulsively computed not only the volume of the food he ate but the volume of his waste as well?

AC theory changed the world. Pneumatic safety brakes saved countless lives and property value. A few other patents show glimpses of insight that was fully worked out many decades later, under a modern understanding of science, but even among those it's hard to find a third thing to point to that isn't completely blithering nonsense, no matter how worshipful Cheney's hagiography was.

Remember, even the alchemists had some rudimentary understanding of chemistry, but they were never going to get anywhere with it while counting on mystical incantations instead of the periodic table. Tesla was much the same after his late 20s.
So what is your point here? Are you trying to discredit an amazingly, proven brilliant mind of his time? Do you think you could accomplish as much? HAVE you accomplished as much? Oh sure, its easy to stand on the sidelines decades later and critique someone else's work. Someone else's accomplishments. Someone else's failures. But until you think you can do even a fraction of this man's amazing work, have even a fraction of his mental acuity, then your criticisms are pretty flaccid. Whatever else his failures and personal faults may be, he accomplished an amazing amount work. If it weren't for the fact that he didn't have the personal wealth to fund his work, who knows how much further he could have gone. As far as his personal quirks.... most brilliant minds have them. Majorly. This does in no way undermine the contributions he made to the science of his time.

Seriously, try to look at the big picture here and not focus on what you think he did wrong. If you can do better, then by all means, amaze us!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:19 PM

3,117 posts, read 1,665,464 times
Quote:
I've always wondered about tarot and whether it is a legit. tool for devinating the future.

I randomly watched a few tarot readings for my astrological sign for Oct. and Nov. on YouTube last weekend, and I was stunned about how many said the same thing concerning a certain event in my life. And these were just general public readings too, not readings specifically for me.

Time will tell if the predictions actually come to pass in the next couple of months. But I really began to see a definite trend of the videos sampled, of the same predictions happening in the same time frame. There were also some readings that didn't resonate with me, but most did and they were pretty specific too on the events and conditions surrounding them.

How can several random people all over the world do readings about the same topic, be pulling roughly the same cards, and come to the same conclusions?! I would have thought there would be way more deviation than this, since all they're doing is pulling random cards and interpreting their meaning. But wow, they mostly aligned on this topic.

This is not at all like horoscopes that usually give drastically different predictions. These tarot reading were all very similar, even when different cards were drawn by the reader. How do certain cards "present" themselves to be pulled or jump out of the deck?

So, tarot.... What's the deal?
Quote:
Clearly your belief won't be changed and I have no desire to change it. I'm just reporting my experience. How or why it happened is unimportant to me. What was predicted by several readings was true. As was the outcome. You don't seem to know much about tarot readings. I suggest you watch a few. Your concerns about who it affects is addressed at the beginning of each reading by each reader. I wish people would know what they're talking about before they mouth off about a topic. Youre just showing your apparent ignorance about it. Go learn. Then speak. Otherwise...
Pretty wild and awesome that what you believed yesterday to be seen over the next couple of months has already come true for you. Congratulations!

I know that tarot readings are done for individuals, not groups on YouTube, and are done in person, not posted on the internet for you to randomly discover.

I also know that in ONE day your writing has gone from wondering if tarot readings can predict the future, to being doggedly and religiously fervent in your belief that they are a miraculous event addressed specifically to your specific situation and future.

It reminds me of those who are POSITIVE that the rapture is coming during their lifetime and they will NEVER have to die.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Pretty wild and awesome that what you believed yesterday to be seen over the next couple of months has already come true for you. Congratulations!
Thank you! How kind of you to notice! Yes, I agree that it is amazing. This forum is full of well-wishers and open minds. Glad I stumbled upon it...

Old 10-23-2018, 07:31 PM

8,315 posts, read 7,594,864 times
I've had my Tarot cards read twice and both times they were dead on the money.

I won't go into details but I'll never have them read ever again.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:19 PM

3,684 posts, read 1,238,709 times
Quote:
Seriously, try to look at the big picture here and not focus on what you think he did wrong. If you can do better, then by all means, amaze us!
Oh, I do fine, thanks.

The big picture is that he made two worthwhile contributions and then pottered around with nonsense for the rest of his life.

He should not be forgotten for those two contributions.

But there is nothing about him beyond that worthy of the slobbering worship of his modern fans and potent magick attributed to his every sketch and note. He went down a road of nonsense, superstition and outright anti-science that occupied almost two-thirds of his life.

My touchstone for whether anyone actually knows anything about Tesla besides the hagiography that started with Cheney's slobbering book and the internet-era mythology largely promoted by fine sources like Cracked.com is (1) to ask for any third invention or contribution of consequence; (2) to gauge their opinion of Thomas Edison (that is - reality or the demonizing mythology of Cracked et al.)... and (3) to see if they can tell me the least thing about Charles Steinmetz, who may have fallen slightly short of the dizzying peak of Tesla's brief era of brilliance but probably did more to build the modern electrical world than either of his better known peers.

Religious nonsense is just that, and it's overwhelmed the accurate view of the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal