U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 PM

2,524 posts, read 1,759,710 times

Advertisements

my wife does tarot cards for her friends. she doesn't charge for the readings. For her, the cards just help her channel/focus her energy and she does see and feel things when she does a reading. People almost always come back to her to tell her something she said was spot on and she almost never remembers what she told them.

Often when they come back and request 2nd and third readings, she gets annoyed and cuts them off.

she has one friend who left the job and then left the other job and continues to call and ask for 'feelings' periodically roughly 3 years after her last tarot reading.

She has predicted robberies, death, divorce, and future jobs and after all these years of doing readings for fun, she's pretty good at it.

So... it's not the tarot, it's the psychic

I have an old friend who is a reiki practitioner and she said it's common to read people's lives during a reiki session. I would bet she has a decent ability to read tarot cards also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 11:40 PM

73,558 posts, read 65,242,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Well, the decks are cool anyway and fun to shuffle! Each deck's card illustrations are a unique work of art in just about every genre you can imagine.

But I'm trying to figure out how/why it works.
IME, it works when the tarot reader has an intuitive gift. And in such cases, the cards only function as catalysts for the gift to play out on. The most accurate readings I ever got, were from a blind or nearly blind man (using cards!), and from a women using an incomplete deck.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:43 AM

13,715 posts, read 7,367,169 times
Quote:
Well, the decks are cool anyway and fun to shuffle! Each deck's card illustrations are a unique work of art in just about every genre you can imagine.

But I'm trying to figure out how/why it works.
I love tarot decks - here is a favorite:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fantastical/

Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 AM

11,218 posts, read 11,633,870 times
Quote:
I've always wondered about tarot and whether it is a legit. tool for devinating the future.

I randomly watched a few tarot readings for my astrological sign for Oct. and Nov. on YouTube last weekend, and I was stunned about how many said the same thing concerning a certain event in my life. And these were just general public readings too, not readings specifically for me.

Time will tell if the predictions actually come to pass in the next couple of months. But I really began to see a definite trend of the videos sampled, of the same predictions happening in the same time frame. There were also some readings that didn't resonate with me, but most did and they were pretty specific too on the events and conditions surrounding them.

How can several random people all over the world do readings about the same topic, be pulling roughly the same cards, and come to the same conclusions?! I would have thought there would be way more deviation than this, since all they're doing is pulling random cards and interpreting their meaning. But wow, they mostly aligned on this topic.

This is not at all like horoscopes that usually give drastically different predictions. These tarot reading were all very similar, even when different cards were drawn by the reader. How do certain cards "present" themselves to be pulled or jump out of the deck?

So, tarot.... What's the deal?
Tarot does not predict the future, it determines the future. Every reading is a magical ritual designed to bring that reading into reality.

Don't be casting spells unless you know what you are doing.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:46 AM

3,686 posts, read 1,247,297 times
Quote:
These tarot reading were all very similar, even when different cards were drawn by the reader. How do certain cards "present" themselves to be pulled or jump out of the deck?
This alone should tell you that the cards have very little to do with the reading. They're just a prop for an experienced cold-to-warm reader. (Most people insist they told the medium nothing, but they shed data with every breath when they don't actually forget they told them things during the chat-up portion.)

Even if certain cards were "necessary" for a given reading, the last thing most marks suspect is that the reader is an experienced, if not gambling-grade card manipulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Tarot does not predict the future, it determines the future. Every reading is a magical ritual designed to bring that reading into reality.

Don't be casting spells unless you know what you are doing.
Don't you mean "There are things that Mortal Man must not meddle with!" ?

Old 10-24-2018, 01:11 PM

723 posts, read 287,920 times
A friend of mine who I lost contact with many years ago read Tarot Cards. He was in his mid 20's at the time, and I was 18. He didn't predict anything that I could verify years later, but what he could do through his reading of the cards was tell complete strangers what was going on in their lives currently. And they were very surprised by this, as I was.
We would go to bars, and restaurants, and he would do this. Never charged anybody, and it was random.
His regular job was as a silversmith.
Completely lost contact with him. He was gay, and wanted to pursue that lifestyle, never pressured me into anything. Was a good guy, but when he met somebody that was his life.
I found Tarot, and his ability to gather unknown information from it interesting.
I also notice some posts in this thread describing things I never saw him do. You would have to know somebody that does this, and does not charge, hang out with them and find out for yourself.
Larry Caldwell's last sentence in his last post describes much of what I was hearing from people that had/have the ability, or knack to read Tarot among other things.
This was very neat to an 18 year old, and I still find it interesting over thirty years later.

Last edited by Digger 68; 10-24-2018 at 01:20 PM..

Old 10-24-2018, 02:42 PM

52,076 posts, read 51,225,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
my wife does tarot cards for her friends. she doesn't charge for the readings. For her, the cards just help her channel/focus her energy and she does see and feel things when she does a reading. People almost always come back to her to tell her something she said was spot on and she almost never remembers what she told them.

Often when they come back and request 2nd and third readings, she gets annoyed and cuts them off.

she has one friend who left the job and then left the other job and continues to call and ask for 'feelings' periodically roughly 3 years after her last tarot reading.

She has predicted robberies, death, divorce, and future jobs and after all these years of doing readings for fun, she's pretty good at it.

I have an old friend who is a reiki practitioner and she said it's common to read people's lives during a reiki session. I would bet she has a decent ability to read tarot cards also.
I've had three readings, all within the past year and a half. Two were oddly accurate, one of which I am still processing because what she said shocked me because it is something that even close friends don't know. The other started off with something that the psychic couldn't possibly have known and was unlikely to guess, so I was impressed at first, but then she seemed to be generalizing and grasping at straws. "You like to do something creative but are unsure of what your next project should be." "You are experiencing change and transformation in your life." There are very few people that wouldn't fit those things.

Then my daughter had hers read by this same psychic and she told my daughter that she sees her traveling in the future with her children. My daughter has no children and has had her tubes tied. She doesn't really even like kids.

So, I'd say the above that I bolded is correct.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:08 PM

73,558 posts, read 65,242,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post

This has been my observation, exactly. And in massage school, one of our instructors said, that sometimes he picks up past-life information about the clients, while doing massage. I think that's someone with an unusual gift. He might make a good card reader. I've never heard of another massage therapist, who had such experiences with clients. Fascinating.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:27 AM

4,940 posts, read 5,516,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

I used to really think maybe calling a California Psychic (Or Ms. Cleo) would tell me something amazing.. What to do, to really make it and not have to worry about finance in life.

It is when I saw every single one say "For Entertainment Purposes Only" that I began to really figure out.. Acting!
That is not what that phrase means. Attorneys insist that psychic/medium sites put that phrase in to prevent lawsuits, because no psychic/medium is 100% accurate.

Often, they are accurate at the time, but circumstances and free will can change the outcome.

It's actually better to consult them for a read on what is going on in your life, and to see if your guides have advice for you, than to ask for too much future knowledge. Sometimes you are not meant to know the future so that you won't be tempted to act differently.

Generally, future knowledge is given to you when it can be a help to know.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:36 AM

4,940 posts, read 5,516,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post

O Mystic One, please answer the following question:

How many people on earth share ‘your’ astrological sign?

Answer: Over 600 MILLION people.
That many people may share your sun sign, which is but one aspect that tells you little about a person.

NO ONE shares your individual astrological natal chart, unless they were born in the same town, on the same day, at the exact same minute.

Even babies born on the same day in the same hospital, will have unique natal charts because they are still born at different times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal