Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:07 AM

118 posts, read 66,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
One word answers are designed to shut down conversation. Can you expand on your answer? Have you had a tarot reading and it completely wrong? Or do you, like me, refuse believe paper cards can tell my future or help me make a decision?

No, one word answers are designed to express ones feelings on the subject in honest,short order. Honest yes or no answers are rare today, because people don't want to commit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 11:12 AM

118 posts, read 66,037 times
Quote:
I am the moderator of this forum, but that was a more participatory question.

And while I get that Nope is quick and to the point, it doesn’t add to the discussion. And this is a discussion forum.

And skeptics are different than non believers. Skeptics try things with an open mind. Nonbelievers don’t try what they consider hogwash.

And both are welcome here.

To discuss topics.

"Nope" does actually contribute to the discussion, it contains within it, all the honest substance the subject deserves.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
"Nope" does actually contribute to the discussion, it contains within it, all the honest substance the subject deserves.
And can easily be considered trolling. Once again, you do not have to be a believer to post, but you MUST be respectful of those that do.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:33 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have had three readings, all within the past year. The first one was just stupid. She had me in the beginning, because she said, "In summer you often listen to live music near the water." Now I live near the ocean and at least weekly attend live music concerts on or near the beach, but I was having this reading in upstate New York farm country, and there's no way she could have known that.

Must have been a lucky guess, because the rest of the reading was generic. "You like to do something creative but don't feel as if you have enough time to devote to it." Yeah, me and pretty much everyone else on the planet. The rest of the reading was similarly generic. I was in period of transformation, etc. Then she told my daughter that she sees her traveling with her children on her lap. My daughter does not want children and in fact has since made that decision permanent.

The next one hit the nail on the head with a lot of things and was much more specific and also very positive. I was surprised. Didn't actually tell me anything I didn't know, but just affirmed a few things.

The last reading I barely remember because, as I wrote somewhere else on this forum, the reader looked at me and told me that a child I had once played with but who died in childhood, "and I am getting 'second cousin'" was nearby and wanted me to remember how much fun we had playing together and to let me know that we will play together again. There was just no way she could have guessed that right down to the familial relationship. That death happened when I was six and changed my life forever. I was so stunned that I don't remember much of what she said with the cards.

See... The thing with those "ultra precise" readings for me is just where did they glean this from. Something is definitely "up."

Old 11-24-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
One word answers are designed to shut down conversation. Can you expand on your answer? Have you had a tarot reading and it completely wrong? Or do you, like me, refuse believe paper cards can tell my future or help me make a decision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
No, one word answers are designed to express ones feelings on the subject in honest,short order. Honest yes or no answers are rare today, because people don't want to commit.

One-word answers really do nothing to expand on the context or breadth of the topic being discussed or debated . While it is still technically a "response," it is the equivalent of an "arms crossed" stance, designed to keep things out. Also, the responded did not say "yes" or "no" they said "Nope.." Coolly and casually dismissing the topic at hand.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:13 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
See... The thing with those "ultra precise" readings for me is just where did they glean this from. Something is definitely "up."
I don't understand what you're getting at here. Since you wrote this as a response to my post, can you expound?

Old 11-24-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't understand what you're getting at here. Since you wrote this as a response to my post, can you expound?

Of course!

I recently have been having discussions with a co-worker (she is Jewish, so, I try to talk to her about the Bible while also throwing out there things that will make her question why there is no acceptance of the New Testament; just an introduction to who I have been having discussions with) about the Bible and, specifically, Horoscopes. I keep pointing her to the verse where Satan (Lucifer) was given dominion over the earth, and the fish in the sea, and the stars above.. I know, I am citing a verse here, so I will find it. My first link here also brings me to https://www.allaboutgod.com/story-of-lucifer.htm which has some good info too.. specifically, references to Satan and who he is and what he can do, in the Old Testament also.

So, in telling her about this, she of course has also brought up Tarot readings, and, of course.. this leads to Nostradamus.

I believe that these "seers," "mediums," those that way "A Ouija board is not needed to talk to spirits" (I have heard that said since grade school. Some people use a piece of cardboard and a glass of wine. Others, nothing at all, so they say..) I believe that they are tapping into some sort of record of space-time that SEEMS to reflect real events, but is why Nostradamus had to put "Hister" in one of his quattrains (predictions) - because he didn't know exactly what he was looking at, and this likely due to the source of the information.

https://unlockingthebible.org/2016/0...-god-or-satan/

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/qas/h...rth-until-jes/

I believe that this Fallen Angel has a LOT to do with what is "seen" https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...s-about-satan/

This isn't it, but, is what I am getting at
Quote:
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience (Ephesians 2:2).
Seeing as how these "readings" come from the air, and an Old Testament verse specifically references "And the stars above" (Astrology, hello,) I think these readings can be dangerous, even if sporadically spot-on. (How did she know I had a dog named "_____" was originally named "______") etc

^
Quote:
Summary

Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of this world because he claimed to have authority over them. The question as to whether his claim was legitimate has divided believers. Some say Satan has been totally defeated by Christ on the cross, and has no kingdom to offer. Others, while acknowledging Satan's defeat on the cross, do not believe it will be fully realized until Christ returns. During this interval period, Satan is ruling this evil world system as the god of this age, and the ruler of the authority of the air.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

Seeing as how these "readings" come from the air, and an Old Testament verse specifically references "And the stars above" (Astrology, hello,) I think these readings can be dangerous, even if sporadically spot-on. (How did she know I had a dog named "_____" was originally named "______") etc
Interesting posts and questions in the forum.

Sun and Mercury are both in philosophical Sagitarius right now.

Something I found rooting around in a thrift shop " Tarot and Modern Man", on how the cards corolate to biblical verses. Originated from a parochial school library. If I remembering correctly from the 50s - 60s. Still had the rear pocket for book check-out.

I'm surely going to hell.....In Dantes Inferno those with an interest in future events like card readers, for punitive reasons their heads were faced backwards.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:44 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have had readings in the past but none of them have impressed me much. They are all pretty generic. "You're going through a challenging period" (who isn't ?) You don't feel satisfied with your place in life. Looking ahead things will get better.

That kind of thing.

I even had one gal change her reading because I questioned her about it.

While I think that Tarot has merit, I don't think there are many readers who are truly gifted to interpret them. Most are just winging it.
It was not like that, and again, we were just hanging out. We were not in a place with a Tarot sign overhead. We were just goofing off. I would even rough house with him. Joke around. We were more in like hotel bars, places where there wasn't a lot of noise, and easy for me to get into because I was 18.
He would have the cards out and read them. I think he was as surprised about all of it as I was, and just had the knack. He never used that term Knack. I am using it now. I think he also thought some of it was nonsense, and some of the people involved with it strange.
Like I said I lost complete contact with him. I was doing maintenance work for a local retail center, and I can remember the last time I saw him was in the Winter of 1994, while I was clearing snow off an entrance.
I think I could look him up if I wanted to.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:42 AM

242 posts, read 262,852 times
I would take those YouTube tarot readings with a pinch of salt. Several thousand people are watching and the readings won't resonate with all of those people (probably no one), and to be honest most youtube tarot readers are not very good tarot readers. They always say the same thing: 'he will move forward' 'this a twin flame connection', blah blah blah. I have been reading tarot for over a decade and yes it is legit and accurate form of divination. But in my experience tarot is best at picking up the now and the immediate (future within a few weeks or so), because the future is 'fluid' and we have more power to act and change the future than we think we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal