Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,538,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Yes.. The answers to all the secrets of the world can be found in a deck of card printed in a factory in China
Tarot goes back to the 15th century.
FWI: made in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 07:26 AM

18,779 posts, read 18,112,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Your only as gullible as you let yourself be. I wouldnt say James Randi is over publicized. He's just tired of these types praying on people for money. You watch him once tear into these people, just once. He will set you straight on this. Remember a few years back, he made a $1 million bet for any psychic or reader to come forward and prove what they do is real. No one has come forward to take his challenge. But believe what you want.

"As humans we have a great ability to remember the hits and forget the misses. This is one of the reasons why psychics and fortune tellers are so successful. People don’t remember the THOUSANDS of incorrect guesses, but they remember the one or two that happened to “come true” by pure chance at some point down the road".
For a while I drove commercial truck with a partner that was a compulsive gambler. He would remember every dollar he ever won but could not remember any of his losses. His wife was also a compulsive gambler and neither one of them told the other one of their losses. Eventfully they lost their house; I am curious what they used as an excuse for the loss?

Humans are great at overlooking the obvious in favor of the explanations they desire. If the Tarot cards 'reveal' any expectations humans will overlook any mistakes and, reading between the lines, fill in the missing pieces.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 574 times
Yes

Old 12-11-2018, 10:03 PM

30,118 posts, read 11,743,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
No.

In no way am I saying what you perceived.

Working smart. Ha. Run around like a madman is more like it. Along with almost no patience.

Yeah, when I was 20 like most 20 year olds I was really thinking 30 years out about what tarot cards were saying.

Why even listen to what was said with the cards if it meant nothing to you? Obviously you remember it from 30 years ago so it may have had some effect on you subconsciously. Or perhaps you can use the results from the readings 30 years ago that no matter what you did you were destined to end up where you are now.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,641,443 times
The Tarot is, of course, authentic like many other divination methods. Depends on the user more than anything else, how much they know the art. I went to a Tarot reader in the 90's and I mean the real deal. She didn't make predictions, most good ones don't, but knew the whole story. Free will is on you, what you do in your life.
I-Ching, Lenormand, the Runes are all good, too, and been around forever. If you don't want to explore them or vest time in these things, then don't.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM

155 posts, read 125,621 times
Tarot cards are able to be whatever your mind makes it out to be.

Try this: Get a horoscope. Read one that isn't yours. See how accurate, or life-changing, it is for you.

The cards are of generalities, we hear what we want....

Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 AM

88,487 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
The Tarot is, of course, authentic like many other divination methods. Depends on the user more than anything else, how much they know the art. I went to a Tarot reader in the 90's and I mean the real deal. She didn't make predictions, most good ones don't, but knew the whole story. Free will is on you, what you do in your life.
I-Ching, Lenormand, the Runes are all good, too, and been around forever. If you don't want to explore them or vest time in these things, then don't.
I had a rune reading last year that was quite impressive, and it interested me enough that I bought a set for myself. They are more about guidance for the here and now rather than foretelling of the future.

I recently took a Tarot class. The instructor made it clear that there is no magic in the cards themselves but rather that the reader sees in the cards things that he or she is picking up from the person sitting.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:34 PM

8,539 posts, read 10,957,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a rune reading last year that was quite impressive, and it interested me enough that I bought a set for myself. They are more about guidance for the here and now rather than foretelling of the future.

I recently took a Tarot class. The instructor made it clear that there is no magic in the cards themselves but rather that the reader sees in the cards things that he or she is picking up from the person sitting.
Tarot, and the ouija board belong in the same place.
That place is called a dumpster.

Bob.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:19 PM

88,487 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Tarot, and the ouija board belong in the same place.
That place is called a dumpster.

Bob.
The artwork on the cards is quite lovely. I wouldn't throw them away.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:14 PM

5,847 posts, read 5,269,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I have a Ouija board that I inherited from my father. I haven't used it since I was a teen. Besides having my Tarot cards (actually a couple of decks), I also have a set of runes, Witching Chips, Titania's Fortune Cards, Oracle cards, and a former colleague of Hubby's (college professor) gave me Lakota Sweat Lodge cards.

I had actually forgotten I had all of these. Since we moved about 4 years ago, they all had been packed away. I should revisit them.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal