Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 11:05 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,192,491 times

Advertisements

I've always wondered about tarot and whether it is a legit. tool for devinating the future.

I randomly watched a few tarot readings for my astrological sign for Oct. and Nov. on YouTube last weekend, and I was stunned about how many said the same thing concerning a certain event in my life. And these were just general public readings too, not readings specifically for me.

Time will tell if the predictions actually come to pass in the next couple of months. But I really began to see a definite trend of the videos sampled, of the same predictions happening in the same time frame. There were also some readings that didn't resonate with me, but most did and they were pretty specific too on the events and conditions surrounding them.

How can several random people all over the world do readings about the same topic, be pulling roughly the same cards, and come to the same conclusions?! I would have thought there would be way more deviation than this, since all they're doing is pulling random cards and interpreting their meaning. But wow, they mostly aligned on this topic.

This is not at all like horoscopes that usually give drastically different predictions. These tarot reading were all very similar, even when different cards were drawn by the reader. How do certain cards "present" themselves to be pulled or jump out of the deck?

So, tarot.... What's the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 11:32 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,124 times
I still think it is suggestive, and that we can make what we want out of it ("A great opportunity awaits, you know the time is near!" ...........)

Old 10-22-2018, 12:41 PM

Well, the decks are cool anyway and fun to shuffle! Each deck's card illustrations are a unique work of art in just about every genre you can imagine.

But I'm trying to figure out how/why it works.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:50 PM

okay, i'm not the only one noticing this phenomenon this month with tarot readings. Here are a couple of comments from a youtube video I just saw:

"Did anyone notice that almost every Pisces reading for October 2018 is almost the same. Someone from the past and someone from the future....choices to come and to make...actually kinda curious how this will end up this month."

and

"Yup..every reading ex returning..."

Really, most of them are saying the exact same thing, down to the sign of the returning ex, circumstances from the past that caused the breakup, and what the outcome will be. Seriously, that's weird!

I watched some other signs' readings and they had nothing to do with this topic. So it's not just some general thing they're predicting for everyone.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:53 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,446,284 times
It's ambiguous enough to allow the receiver to find correlation where it may or may not hold true.

I've had 'readings' done that weeks later I was still waiting on that windfall of fortune or the challenge of a new job. Neither happened.

Did have a palm reading done where the 'divine' reader ...gave a look of horror and ended the reading abruptly. To this day I try to understand what was soooo horrific in my life that she couldn't complete the reading. I didn't mass shoot..or create a crime ...or even go into politics ...so to this day I think at least with tarot ..I can pretend that good things can happen...

Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It's ambiguous enough to allow the receiver to find correlation where it may or may not hold true.

I've had 'readings' done that weeks later I was still waiting on that windfall of fortune or the challenge of a new job. Neither happened.

Did have a palm reading done where the 'divine' reader ...gave a look of horror and ended the reading abruptly. To this day I try to understand what was soooo horrific in my life that she couldn't complete the reading. I didn't mass shoot..or create a crime ...or even go into politics ...so to this day I think at least with tarot ..I can pretend that good things can happen...
Uh yeah, I ain't holding my breath for that ex to return. And I wouldn't be too happy if he did!

Old 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

I am reminded of Whoopi Goldberg with that one LOL

I think it must have added to the Entertainment aspect of your reading.

I used to really think maybe calling a California Psychic (Or Ms. Cleo) would tell me something amazing.. What to do, to really make it and not have to worry about finance in life. It is when I saw every single one say "For Entertainment Purposes Only" that I began to really figure out.. Acting!

Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Well, the decks are cool anyway and fun to shuffle! Each deck's card illustrations are a unique work of art in just about every genre you can imagine.

But I'm trying to figure out how/why it works.

Oh, Indeed!

I think there is some kind of way they pick out responses that mesh with whatever they perceive you want to hear, based on your mannerism etc (same way cops figure out a "baseline" then try to make you nervous enough to answer their questions. You could just have ADHD, like I do.)

I would be one of those that really isn't into it, and I could act along, while I struggle to watch them make s*** up, trying not to chuckle about that they say the "universe" says about me....

Old 10-22-2018, 05:56 PM

ok. for what its worth, here is my observation in the last week. There really is NO reason that tarot should be able to predict anything or offer guidance in and of itself. By a strange series of events, and believe me - very strange that I won't go into here. This last week was an abundance of guidance from guides, angels, God, universe, whatever you want to call it on a particularly troubling circumstance coming into my life. Then BAM! Tons of Youtube tarot readiog videos reinforcing that guidance.

I am beginning to think that Tarot is just another communication venue that guides can use to provide council to you. That's what I have decided Tarot is. Just one of MANY ways spirit can use to communicate to you. I NEVER previously watched any tarot readings from anywhere, I now I can't remember the bread crumb trail that led me to these videos. But it was in blatant agreement of all the other many signs I have received in the past week in other ways. Dreams. Visions. Signs. and then this - tarot youtube readings. I'm paying attention because its very clear to me that my guides are trying every means available to them to warn me of the coming events, and it makes complete sense to me. It could just as well been a horoscope. Or a friend. Whatever.

So that what I think Tarot is. Just a means of communication from Spirit. and Boy, do I get it now!!

Old 10-22-2018, 06:14 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times
You really want to know the truth on Tarot. Google James Randi. He will tell you all you want to know about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal