Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 03:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I'm not sure about "mediums" since one could communicate with spirits direct if we wanted.
The difference is spirit comes directly to a medium; they don't seek spirit communication as with, for example doing EVP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

I'm not sure about "mediums" since one could communicate with spirits direct if we wanted.

Life after death is nothing to be afraid of.
You are right that anyone can communicate with spirits directly, but few of us are as skilled as mediums.

I do get impressions, but I don't get whole conversations.

It takes practice and we may never get to that level in this lifetime. Most mediums have had the ability since they were children.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You are right that anyone can communicate with spirits directly, but few of us are as skilled as mediums.

I do get impressions, but I don't get whole conversations.

It takes practice and we may never get to that level in this lifetime. Most mediums have had the ability since they were children.

I tend to agree with this post, however, I also know ordinary folks can have spirit contact as well.

I think what the op is looking for is answers to some questions she has concerning her own life, or interest in what may lie ahead for her.
I don't think she is entirely interested in spirit contact.
I could be wrong, and perhaps she wants to contact a loved one.
She was not specific in her request, only that she wanted to seek out a medium.

Personally, I believe the greatest medium of all is the Lord Almighty.
When I need advice, and direction, I have found this is the best source.
I know for sure the Lord is responsible for my ability to have contact with my loved ones who have passed, and they have(by their own words) been a guiding factor in my life.

The problem with seeking a medium, you have no guarantee of what you are getting.

I believe, like spirits, some mediums have an uncanny ability at mental telepathy, and can"read" a client so that they know exactly what the client wants to hear.
Were I to give advice to someone seeking a medium, I would suggest they reach out to the Lord for advice and direction, before any contact with a medium.

I have never needed the assistance of mediums to find answers to what life deals us.
In the beginning, I felt when things happen, it is "just the way things are".
In later life, I have been fortunate to know, understand, and experience things in a whole different light, and perspective.
Had I not reached out to our creator for guidance, and advice, I too would more than likely , at some time, have been searching for a medium.

Bob.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:30 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, the "real" ones tend not to advertise. They get clients via word of mouth. Since that's not an option for you, all you can do is do a search, to see if the town close to you has a "spiritual" bookstore. Pay them a visit, talk to the staff, see if they can refer you to a medium. This is the only resource you have at your disposal, but it's not a guarantee of authenticity. You'll have to take your chances. You can see if the person they refer you to has a website, and you can scrutinize the info they've posted, to see if there are legit references given, or if, for example, they say they've studied with some charlatan. (If you'd even recognize a charlatan's name.).

But the real deal, when you see them in person, will come up with information no one else could possibly know. A nickname one special person had for you in childhood, or that sort of thing. They don't operate like you see on TV, where they ask things like, "Was there a 'Mary' in your life?" They just get down to business, and start passing on messages to you, that they're getting from whoever "shows up" to the session, from the "other side".
This just happened to me a few weeks ago. I was not specifically seeking a medium, but at our local New Age store, they have regular psychics who are available for ten-minute readings for $20 on the weekends. You can get a longer reading of half an hour if you want. It was a friend's birthday so I treated her to a ten-minute reading and decided to get one done myself. I'd had one done there once before by a different reader, and she was on the mark.

This time I went into the room, and the reader said to me, "Before I do the reading, I like to see if I can pick up anything about messages from the other side or about past lives." I just thought, "Oh OK", and waited, wondering if she's say something about my brother, and then she said, "I'm getting 'second cousin'. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but it's a child you played with. This child crossed over in childhood, but your life went on."

This buzzy, electric feeling went up my neck and into my head. I just stared at her for a minute. I indeed had such a friend when I was a little girl. We were the same age, both with August birthdays and I remember our birthday parties being close to each others. I knew she was sick and I had to say prayers for her, but I didn't really understand that she could die. It was leukemia, and she died when we were six and a half. Her death affected me in more ways than I can get into here. It wasn't until I got older that I knew we were related--my father and her mother were first cousins, so we were second cousins.

I told the reader that she was correct, and she said, "She wants you to remember how happy you were when you played together and that someday you will play together again."

I barely remember the rest of the reading, I was so stunned by what she said. There was no way she could have known this. As a matter of fact, the friend I was treating to the reading didn't know this about me, and we have known each other for over 35 years.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This just happened to me a few weeks ago. I was not specifically seeking a medium, but at our local New Age store, they have regular psychics who are available for ten-minute readings for $20 on the weekends. You can get a longer reading of half an hour if you want. It was a friend's birthday so I treated her to a ten-minute reading and decided to get one done myself. I'd had one done there once before by a different reader, and she was on the mark.

This time I went into the room, and the reader said to me, "Before I do the reading, I like to see if I can pick up anything about messages from the other side or about past lives." I just thought, "Oh OK", and waited, wondering if she's say something about my brother, and then she said, "I'm getting 'second cousin'. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but it's a child you played with. This child crossed over in childhood, but your life went on."

This buzzy, electric feeling went up my neck and into my head. I just stared at her for a minute. I indeed had such a friend when I was a little girl. We were the same age, both with August birthdays and I remember our birthday parties being close to each others. I knew she was sick and I had to say prayers for her, but I didn't really understand that she could die. It was leukemia, and she died when we were six and a half. Her death affected me in more ways than I can get into here. It wasn't until I got older that I knew we were related--my father and her mother were first cousins, so we were second cousins.

I told the reader that she was correct, and she said, "She wants you to remember how happy you were when you played together and that someday you will play together again."

I barely remember the rest of the reading, I was so stunned by what she said. There was no way she could have known this. As a matter of fact, the friend I was treating to the reading didn't know this about me, and we have known each other for over 35 years.

Interesting story, and I am pretty sure I can offer an explanation as to "how she knew, what no one else could know."

Fist off, the reading was instigated by the spirit with in you.
Remember I stated many mediums have an uncanny ability at telepathy.
There are two things going on here.
Your spirit sent a message(unaware to you) that it was permissible for the medium to delve into your past experiences in your early life.
The medium picked up on the thoughts your spirit was creating, and through telepathy, the medium was able to "see" your second cousin, but that was only because your spirit was thinking of your second cousin, and transporting that thought to the medium.

Spirits are aware of every facet of our lives from beginning to end.
What you witnessed at this reading was your spirit interacting with this medium.

One thing we all need to know , but fail to recognize is, mediums have a soul as well, and they, like many of us, have the ability to communicate directly with spirits.
Perhaps I should clarify and say, the soul of the medium is communicating with other spirits, and the result is what the human medium is telling you.

There is no big science here.
It is nothing more than one spirit communicating with another.

Bob.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:43 PM

^Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it is supposed to work.

My point was that this showed me that she was not a fake grasping at straws. "Second cousin who died in childhood" would be a heck of an awkward guess if it wasn't accurate.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:17 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

WOW! Great story! Kind of eerie that she said to remember how happy you were, playing together, and that you'll play together again someday. *whew*. I can see why everything she said after that would just wash right over you. I'm surprised she couldn't ID the gender of the cousin, though.

Thanks for posting!

Old 11-05-2018, 01:20 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Interesting story, and I am pretty sure I can offer an explanation as to "how she knew, what no one else could know."

Fist off, the reading was instigated by the spirit with in you.
Remember I stated many mediums have an uncanny ability at telepathy.
There are two things going on here.
Your spirit sent a message(unaware to you) that it was permissible for the medium to delve into your past experiences in your early life.
The medium picked up on the thoughts your spirit was creating, and through telepathy, the medium was able to "see" your second cousin, but that was only because your spirit was thinking of your second cousin, and transporting that thought to the medium.

Spirits are aware of every facet of our lives from beginning to end.
What you witnessed at this reading was your spirit interacting with this medium.

One thing we all need to know , but fail to recognize is, mediums have a soul as well, and they, like many of us, have the ability to communicate directly with spirits.
Perhaps I should clarify and say, the soul of the medium is communicating with other spirits, and the result is what the human medium is telling you.

There is no big science here.
It is nothing more than one spirit communicating with another.

Bob.
I've never heard this before, and this has not been my experience with the one medium I've seen a few times. The "conversation" wasn't about memories. There was also some past life info forthcoming, in one instance, regarding my connection with the people "coming though".

I suppose a number of different dynamics could occur, depending on the situation.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
WOW! Great story! Kind of eerie that she said to remember how happy you were, playing together, and that you'll play together again someday. *whew*. I can see why everything she said after that would just wash right over you. I'm surprised she couldn't ID the gender of the cousin, though.

Thanks for posting!
Yeah...I wanted to ask, "but she doesn't mean real soon, right?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal