U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 01:21 AM

343 posts, read 411,285 times

Advertisements

So bummer my post requesting information about psychic mediums was deleted so I will reword it and hope it passes muster.

If I wanted to go and see a psychic how would I go about doing that? I live fairly close to a large city and am within 90 miles of two very large cities. I'm just not sure how one goes about finding a psychic medium? They're not like doctors, lawyers or the like where there are advertisements on billboards. Any advice for me? And if this is deleted Tallysmom can you message me on how I need to reword finding what I'm looking for? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:54 AM

11,440 posts, read 19,478,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
So bummer my post requesting information about psychic mediums was deleted so I will reword it and hope it passes muster.

If I wanted to go and see a psychic how would I go about doing that? I live fairly close to a large city and am within 90 miles of two very large cities. I'm just not sure how one goes about finding a psychic medium? They're not like doctors, lawyers or the like where there are advertisements on billboards. Any advice for me? And if this is deleted Tallysmom can you message me on how I need to reword finding what I'm looking for? Thanks!
This one works.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:24 PM

72,932 posts, read 64,373,343 times
OP, the "real" ones tend not to advertise. They get clients via word of mouth. Since that's not an option for you, all you can do is do a search, to see if the town close to you has a "spiritual" bookstore. Pay them a visit, talk to the staff, see if they can refer you to a medium. This is the only resource you have at your disposal, but it's not a guarantee of authenticity. You'll have to take your chances. You can see if the person they refer you to has a website, and you can scrutinize the info they've posted, to see if there are legit references given, or if, for example, they say they've studied with some charlatan. (If you'd even recognize a charlatan's name.).

But the real deal, when you see them in person, will come up with information no one else could possibly know. A nickname one special person had for you in childhood, or that sort of thing. They don't operate like you see on TV, where they ask things like, "Was there a 'Mary' in your life?" They just get down to business, and start passing on messages to you, that they're getting from whoever "shows up" to the session, from the "other side".

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-03-2018 at 12:47 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 12:36 PM

2,604 posts, read 1,496,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, the "real" ones tend not to advertise. They get clients via word of mouth. Since that's not an option for you, all you can do is do a search, to see if the town close to you has a "spiritual" bookstore. Pay them a visit, talk to the staff, see if they can refer you to a medium. This is the only resource you have at your disposal, but it's not a guarantee of authenticity. You'll have to take your chances. You can see if the person they refer you to has a website, and you can scrutinize the info they've posted, to see if there are legit references given, or if, for example, they say they've studied with some charlatan. (If you'd even recognize a charlatan's name.).

But the real deal, when you see them in person, will come up with information no one else could possibly know. A nickname one special persona had for you in childhood, or that sort of thing. They don't operate like you see on TV, where they ask things like, "Was there a 'Mary' in your life?" They just get down to business, and start passing on messages to you, that they're getting from whoever "shows up" to the session, from the "other side".
You are so right!

Old 11-03-2018, 04:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 823,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post

I think some have 1-800 numbers. Maybe you could get a reading over the phone, and then arrange a personal meeting.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This one works.
Thanks so much! Hopefully I will have a good experience to share. I would LOVE to be on Long Island Medium or Seatbelt Psychic but my chances of either of those are pretty small.

Are there any other psychic TV shows out there besides these two?

Thanks again Tallysmom!

Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

But the real deal, when you see them in person, will come up with information no one else could possibly know. A nickname one special person had for you in childhood, or that sort of thing. They don't operate like you see on TV, where they ask things like, "Was there a 'Mary' in your life?" They just get down to business, and start passing on messages to you, that they're getting from whoever "shows up" to the session, from the "other side".
Thank you Ruth! I will start by looking for a Spiritual Bookstore. That's a great first step. I have been to two in my area (Northern Alabama) but one was a total miss and the other was "meh". I had a great experience in Boston almost 30 years ago. She was amazing! I would try and find her again in a heartbeat if I could. Thanks everyone.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:04 PM

4,827 posts, read 5,451,841 times
List of Excellent Mediums

Jaime Butler and Others - Jaime is expensive, but amazing. Any other mediums on her site would be vetted by her.

https://withloveandlight.com/

Jennifer Doran

Psychic Medium - Jennifer Doran - Jennifer Doran is a psychic medium. She can connect you to loved ones that have crossed over as well as give insight to your life and current/upcoming situations.

Denise Ramon

https://www.deniseramon.com/

Shruti Kamble

Home - Shruti Kamble-Life Readings | Empath from London, UK

Sara Kujawa

https://www.sarakujawa.com/

Emanuelle MacIntosh - heavily booked, but opens up for new bookings twice a year

https://www.emanuellemcintosh.com/

Old 11-04-2018, 08:06 AM

1,761 posts, read 711,864 times
Or try a psychic fair, they usually offer short readings for a low price, and you can see if you click with anyone.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:29 PM

1,927 posts, read 445,471 times
I'm not sure about "mediums" since one could communicate with spirits direct if we wanted.

Life after death is nothing to be afraid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal