U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2018, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,443 posts, read 10,786,519 times
Reputation: 9659

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Over NORAD? This happened literally in the shadow of Pikes Peak.
Maybe they wanted a secure site? What year did you make this observation? Is it possible that we were testing any of our experimental X-planes? It is well known that we have tried for many years to make planes without a radar signature. Is it possible that we are also experimenting with different paints that make our planes appear invisible or harder to see from the ground or other aircraft? But, even with some weird test on paints, we have tested rocket motors and other propulsion systems that would quickly increase altitude and speed. If a cigar shaped plane changed it's angle from horizontal to vertical; as a ground observer it would look as if it disappeared. Even a plane doing a roll, to a ground observer, might look like it disappeared.

I don't know what you saw. But I do know that many of these UFO observations have down to earth solutions. As has been pointed out; 'U' stands for 'unidentified' and not for alien. I am not saying that it is definitely one of ours; but it is hard to discount that without pictures and more proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2018, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,096 posts, read 3,333,595 times
Reputation: 7533
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course they could immediately trace this rock back to our solar system since we were its last stop. So, for them to error on the side of caution, they figure they will immediately stamp out all life in our solar system! Just saying; sometimes speculation could be dangerous for our health!
One thing our own history should teach us is: having advanced technology doesn't make a species morally superior.

For example: the Idirans in the late Iain Banks' novel "Consider Phlebas" are top predator aliens who consider themselves the galaxy's "master race" - religious fanatics who engage in a kind of jihad against the rest of the galaxy. As Hawking said, we'd better think carefully before we decide to announce our presence to the rest of the galaxy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,443 posts, read 10,786,519 times
Reputation: 9659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
One thing our own history should teach us is: having advanced technology doesn't make a species morally superior.

For example: the Idirans in the late Iain Banks' novel "Consider Phlebas" are top predator aliens who consider themselves the galaxy's "master race" - religious fanatics who engage in a kind of jihad against the rest of the galaxy. As Hawking said, we'd better think carefully before we decide to announce our presence to the rest of the galaxy.
Only history will tell us if we were morally superior. We could very well be in the process of creating our end game for the human species. Technology seems to be racing us in that direction. It could be new terrifying weapons of war, advances in genetic manipulation, or the 'singularity' and robotics take over to replace their human masters. The world is a scary place today and we are more divided than we have been many years. If we destroy all human life; would one say we were morally superior (I guess it is the same argument we use to say if a tree made a sound when it fell in the woods).

As far as announcing our presents: haven't we already announced our presence? Of course it takes so many light years for our signals to reach out there. But then it is another unknown as to how close intelligent life might be to earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 06:49 PM
 
2,214 posts, read 533,254 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Where are the pictures of "instantaneously"? What is meant by "full control"?

"Instantaneously" like "instant and full stop on a dime from thousands of MPH," I don't have pictures but there is a reason people believe these things to be not of this earth.


"Full control" as in, being controlled as the mouse on a computer screen. And moving just as fast, and controlled...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,443 posts, read 10,786,519 times
Reputation: 9659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
"Instantaneously" like "instant and full stop on a dime from thousands of MPH," I don't have pictures but there is a reason people believe these things to be not of this earth.


"Full control" as in, being controlled as the mouse on a computer screen. And moving just as fast, and controlled...
Here is one good article: https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...hey-ncna834306. In there the writer states: "First off, I generally dismiss witness testimony, or, put another way, stories. It’s not that I think people are lying."

Here is another good article that gives many examples of events that some observers report as alien encounters: https://www.skyandtelescope.com/obse...favorite-ufos/. There are many good comments on that article and even a long rebuttal from a believer towards the end of the comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 AM
 
107 posts, read 15,952 times
Reputation: 138
Default Alien probe?

........No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 09:53 AM
 
620 posts, read 520,314 times
Reputation: 727
It is advisable to read the original Harvard
report and not a summary from the mainstream
media. The image of the UFO is an artist rendering.
The astronomers only saw the object with reflected
light so they have no accurate information of what
it was made of. They, also, only saw it as it was
leaving our solar system and were able to catch
a glimpse of its movement pattern.

It takes a lots of rumination for astronomers
connected to academia to call a space object
an alien probe. That is how serious this report
is. A major holiday is approaching. When you
travel a long distance to see relatives do you
drive past their house, circle the block and
head back home? No. Who is to say that this
alien probe (if that is what it is) did not send
probes to Earth to study it before it went
away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,443 posts, read 10,786,519 times
Reputation: 9659
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
It is advisable to read the original Harvard
report and not a summary from the mainstream
media. The image of the UFO is an artist rendering.
The astronomers only saw the object with reflected
light so they have no accurate information of what
it was made of. They, also, only saw it as it was
leaving our solar system and were able to catch
a glimpse of its movement pattern.

It takes a lots of rumination for astronomers
connected to academia to call a space object
an alien probe. That is how serious this report
is. A major holiday is approaching. When you
travel a long distance to see relatives do you
drive past their house, circle the block and
head back home? No. Who is to say that this
alien probe (if that is what it is) did not send
probes to Earth to study it before it went
away?
Like you state; the picture we were shown is only an artist rendering. I watched the whole presentation for the one astronomer and she pointed out that true pictures of the object were only a pinpoint of light.

That said: How do you go from unknown, to alien, to launching earth probes? We have to look at these objects as possible; but still identify them with what we know until if is proven otherwise. Speculation makes great science fiction stores but does not prove reality.

Last edited by fisheye; 11-15-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 10:04 PM
 
620 posts, read 520,314 times
Reputation: 727
Hey, I am speculating just like others. Some Astronomers
are the ones making the alien probe claim. I just ask if that
were the case, why would it just do a fly by without stopping
to take a closer look if it came such a long distance? Stephen
Hawking was even studying this object before his death. I have
no idea what it is but I know the astronomy community are
highly skeptical people and for them to give this object special
attention (and even use the words alien probe) is not normal
for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,443 posts, read 10,786,519 times
Reputation: 9659
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Hey, I am speculating just like others. Some Astronomers
are the ones making the alien probe claim. I just ask if that
were the case, why would it just do a fly by without stopping
to take a closer look if it came such a long distance? Stephen
Hawking was even studying this object before his death. I have
no idea what it is but I know the astronomy community are
highly skeptical people and for them to give this object special
attention (and even use the words alien probe) is not normal
for them.
Not all of them jumped on the alien probe. Probably more of them never claimed anything more than just another rock. Of course they can speculate like we can. What made this object so special is that we anticipated that interstellar objects, like this one, should be observed. We had been looking ever since the 1970's and had not found one. That is why this one was so special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top