U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2018, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,095 posts, read 3,329,181 times
Reputation: 7533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Skeptic View Post
Why would aliens need to send a probe across light years when they have been coming here probing the orifices of the residents of trailer parks since the 50's.


Has evolution reached the point that common sense is disappearing like other traits no longer found in our species.
Brawndo - it's what plants crave.

https://youtu.be/jlMfzt1mG4o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2018, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Happyville, North Carolina
2,513 posts, read 2,069,145 times
Reputation: 3692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Skeptic View Post
Why would aliens need to send a probe across light years when they have been coming here probing the orifices of the residents of trailer parks since the 50's.


Has evolution reached the point that common sense is disappearing like other traits no longer found in our species.

It is funny, they only seek out trailer parks and the like. If they're so advanced, we have absolutely nothing to offer. A more advanced or evolved being would just land and take over, they havent have they. Its been going on here though, between humans in all parts of the world for centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,431 posts, read 10,773,785 times
Reputation: 9650
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
It is funny, they only seek out trailer parks and the like. If they're so advanced, we have absolutely nothing to offer. A more advanced or evolved being would just land and take over, they havent have they. Its been going on here though, between humans in all parts of the world for centuries.
If we survive the coming automation and Singularity! If on the other hand computers/robots take over it would be interesting where it would all go. If they would be logical, which I would presume, they would not want all their eggs in one basket. I also presume they would quest for more knowledge. My feeling is that they would want to conquer space or as far as they could possibly go. They do not have our human fragilities; so it would be so much easier for them.

Many of our world's militaries are looking for robotics to replace humans on the battlefields. Of course part of the programing for these new 'masters of war' will be self preservation. Then you team that self preservation up with computers that will eventually be as smart or smarter than humans and you have the first Terminators!

The kicker is that I see no path away from the edge. It is going to catch up to us; just a matter of time. Will humans be known as the creators that killed off all organic life including their own extinction? Maybe the robots will debate issues like that? Do you remember 'Forbidden Planet': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Maine
15,235 posts, read 19,887,808 times
Reputation: 17518
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
It is funny, they only seek out trailer parks and the like.
That's a cute wisecrack, but it's also false. Most UFO reports don't come from Bubba and Jim Bob as they're finishing off a case. Most UFO reports come from pilots, both civilian and military. There have also been many documented sightings by astronauts, police officers, members of Congress, U.S. Presidents, and ordinary non-inebriated citizens. The Congressman and Presidents I could see being unreliable sources. The rest … ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
If they're so advanced, we have absolutely nothing to offer. A more advanced or evolved being would just land and take over, they havent have they.
Assuming they are extraterrestrials --- and the jury is still out on that --- we have no idea what their motives might be. Exploration? Scientific research? Art? Religion? Sport? Shopping? Mischief? Maybe the Arcturans are setting up an elaborate joke on the Phoshizziles? We simply have no idea what might motivate such creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,431 posts, read 10,773,785 times
Reputation: 9650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Assuming they are extraterrestrials --- and the jury is still out on that --- we have no idea what their motives might be. Exploration? Scientific research? Art? Religion? Sport? Shopping? Mischief? Maybe the Arcturans are setting up an elaborate joke on the Phoshizziles? We simply have no idea what might motivate such creatures.
Of course we do not know. But if you spend that many hours on the road you could be a little temperamental and don't have a lot of time to compare book notes! We might not even be dealing with a carbon based life form?

But let's not assume anything until we finally meet one. There is no proof that they are or are not extraterrestrials. It could all be allusion or our earth militaries experimenting with new technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Maine
15,235 posts, read 19,887,808 times
Reputation: 17518
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is no proof that they are or are not extraterrestrials. It could all be allusion or our earth militaries experimenting with new technology.
Yup. It could be visitors from the future. It could simply be some natural phenomenon we have yet to document. Until further evidence comes to light, there's simply no way to know for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2018, 02:27 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
4,149 posts, read 1,859,431 times
Reputation: 14328
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Maybe they wanted a secure site? What year did you make this observation? Is it possible that we were testing any of our experimental X-planes? It is well known that we have tried for many years to make planes without a radar signature. Is it possible that we are also experimenting with different paints that make our planes appear invisible or harder to see from the ground or other aircraft? But, even with some weird test on paints, we have tested rocket motors and other propulsion systems that would quickly increase altitude and speed. If a cigar shaped plane changed it's angle from horizontal to vertical; as a ground observer it would look as if it disappeared. Even a plane doing a roll, to a ground observer, might look like it disappeared.

I don't know what you saw. But I do know that many of these UFO observations have down to earth solutions. As has been pointed out; 'U' stands for 'unidentified' and not for alien. I am not saying that it is definitely one of ours; but it is hard to discount that without pictures and more proof.
Darn it; she doesn’t have them. I do still have that phone; I wonder if there might be a way I can access them. I have noticed that on most of the UFO reporting sites; the reflective/multifaceted/transparent descriptions start around 2013.

I’d agree that there are many potential explanations for the unexplained. Some of the coolest things I’ve seen were explainable but just not something normally seen. When you are a night owl like I am; you just see stuff.

I saw one of those green fireballs once & it was huge. I thought the world was coming to an end! It seemed to be falling right on top of me & very slowly, with these molten-looking flames that seemed to drip “up”.

Oddly, there were 2 military helicopters in the sky with it but instead of chasing; they seemed to be “escorting”.

I saw what I was told was a truck carrying oxygen tanks that hit a curb, at about 430 am & two blocks away. I’m not sure; there were no sirens nor first responder activity in the neighborhood & I was so rattled that I didn’t fall asleep until the sun was coming up.

There was a winding-down sound, like those huge monster truck tires going “wa-wa-wa-wa-waa-waa-waaa ...” A pause & then BAM! A purple mushroom cloud rose into the sky & sound like static crackling in the air. Blue lightning bolts went from the outside in & it was gone.

No sirens but it was the fire dept who told me this, after I spent an hour in my car that afternoon driving through my neighborhood asking people if they had heard it.

I’ve seen tons of shooting stars, too. Explainable but cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2018, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,431 posts, read 10,773,785 times
Reputation: 9650
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Darn it; she doesn’t have them. I do still have that phone; I wonder if there might be a way I can access them. I have noticed that on most of the UFO reporting sites; the reflective/multifaceted/transparent descriptions start around 2013.

I’d agree that there are many potential explanations for the unexplained. Some of the coolest things I’ve seen were explainable but just not something normally seen. When you are a night owl like I am; you just see stuff.

I saw one of those green fireballs once & it was huge. I thought the world was coming to an end! It seemed to be falling right on top of me & very slowly, with these molten-looking flames that seemed to drip “up”.

Oddly, there were 2 military helicopters in the sky with it but instead of chasing; they seemed to be “escorting”.

I saw what I was told was a truck carrying oxygen tanks that hit a curb, at about 430 am & two blocks away. I’m not sure; there were no sirens nor first responder activity in the neighborhood & I was so rattled that I didn’t fall asleep until the sun was coming up.

There was a winding-down sound, like those huge monster truck tires going “wa-wa-wa-wa-waa-waa-waaa ...” A pause & then BAM! A purple mushroom cloud rose into the sky & sound like static crackling in the air. Blue lightning bolts went from the outside in & it was gone.

No sirens but it was the fire dept who told me this, after I spent an hour in my car that afternoon driving through my neighborhood asking people if they had heard it.

I’ve seen tons of shooting stars, too. Explainable but cool.
When I was young my parents took us (me and my three sisters) to a drive in movie that was boring. So, in an hour, me and my oldest sister counted shooting stars. We counted over one hundred and some where fireballs. It was more exciting than the movie. We were told that it was during one of the predicted meteor showers.

Our mother said that she saw a UFO when she was younger. But her description could have been of a burning up meteor.

It is very hard being a ground observer to see the whole picture. Sometimes things look very close and they can be many miles away. It's like driving out West and you see a mountain and it looks like you'll be there in just a few minutes - in reality you are still driving half an hour or an hour to reach that mountain. During solar storms we can sometimes see the aurora borealis in my State; it is not a 'normal' event for us and some people have never made that observation. I worked nights and, when I drove truck, I was on the road at night most of the time. So I saw some of the light shows that many never saw. Also exploding transformers will light up the sky for miles around. I have seen a transformer blow in the daylight and I have seen the light from exploding transformers at night; but I was never looking at a transformer at night when it blew. I presume that the light would cause temporary night blindness; it is very bright.

I do not disagree with your observations; I just look for a explainable reason first. Sometimes it just takes time before we can explain what we saw. And sometimes we never get the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top