U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:38 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 10 days ago)

4,180 posts, read 3,384,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems like a few early explorers encountered these people, and made remarks about them, I will try to find the piece I read about.
EsoterX's and Beachcombing's blogs have interesting posts about the cynocephali:

https://esoterx.com/2012/12/30/the-s...-monster-dogs/
https://esoterx.com/2015/01/30/sympa...n-of-reprobus/
Dog-headed Indians - Beachcombing's Bizarre History Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 10:21 AM

7,514 posts, read 1,856,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Very interesting.

Have you read anything from Linda Godfrey, or heard about all the encounters with 'dog men' in the upper midwest? Its mainly WI, MI areas. Many reports going back 100s of years, people claim to see big dogs/wolves that can also walk, run on 2 legs (the descriptions are very close to that of a movie werewolf), strong muscular body of a man, but covered in hair, head of a dog/wolf, large pointed ears, no tail, around 7-9ft tall, many reports claim these creatures hold their front arms/paws in a sort of begging position.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Have you read anything from Linda Godfrey, or heard about all the encounters with 'dog men' in the upper midwest? Its mainly WI, MI areas. Many reports going back 100s of years, people claim to see big dogs/wolves that can also walk, run on 2 legs (the descriptions are very close to that of a movie werewolf), strong muscular body of a man, but covered in hair, head of a dog/wolf, large pointed ears, no tail, around 7-9ft tall, many reports claim these creatures hold their front arms/paws in a sort of begging position.
I've read her blog posts, and wrote to her once not long after the Gable film came out. It was supposed to be found footage (and it is indeed creepy), but when the "dogman" attacks there's a burst of static -- something you wouldn't see on a film camera at the time. I don't however recall anyone pointing that anachronism out at the time. Oops.

When I lived in Illinois, I was about an hour and a half from Lake Geneva WI and used to spend a few weekends a year there as a getaway. One night, I decide to drive Bray Road in Elkhorn, where the Beast of Bray Road has been sighted. The road is a few miles long, and a perfectly ordinary country road. There are farm fields nearby, as well as woods (the Kettle Moraine forest is not far away). It did have a very creepy feeling to it - but whether that's just due to the stories I'd heard or not, I don't know.

The Kettle Moraine is a unique place - it's basically where the glaciers dumped most of the crud they'd been carrying after the last Ice Age. The result is rolling hills and small lakes (kettles). There are many reports of UFOs as well as dogmen, bigfoot, and other strangeness in the area. I told a young lady at church about the stories, and she went camping with some friends in the Devil's Lake area (not because of the stories but because they liked to camp & hike there). They were driving around at night and decided to pull over and watch the stars. A pickup truck stopped, and the guy told them it wasn't safe to stop in that area because of the high strangeness in the area. They high-tailed it back to their campground -- fortunately the truck driver wasn't a psycho. Or he decided not to act on it. I think Linda Godfrey lives near the Kettle Moraine.

From a biological perspective, an upright canid doesn't make a lot of sense. Canids tend to walk upright only when there's some physical problem that makes being on all fours for long periods of time difficult for them, or briefly to look over vegetation blocking their view. Ditto for bears (which are the mammals most closely related to canids).

Old 12-31-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I've read her blog posts, and wrote to her once not long after the Gable film came out. It was supposed to be found footage (and it is indeed creepy), but when the "dogman" attacks there's a burst of static -- something you wouldn't see on a film camera at the time. I don't however recall anyone pointing that anachronism out at the time. Oops.

When I lived in Illinois, I was about an hour and a half from Lake Geneva WI and used to spend a few weekends a year there as a getaway. One night, I decide to drive Bray Road in Elkhorn, where the Beast of Bray Road has been sighted. The road is a few miles long, and a perfectly ordinary country road. There are farm fields nearby, as well as woods (the Kettle Moraine forest is not far away). It did have a very creepy feeling to it - but whether that's just due to the stories I'd heard or not, I don't know.

The Kettle Moraine is a unique place - it's basically where the glaciers dumped most of the crud they'd been carrying after the last Ice Age. The result is rolling hills and small lakes (kettles). There are many reports of UFOs as well as dogmen, bigfoot, and other strangeness in the area. I told a young lady at church about the stories, and she went camping with some friends in the Devil's Lake area (not because of the stories but because they liked to camp & hike there). They were driving around at night and decided to pull over and watch the stars. A pickup truck stopped, and the guy told them it wasn't safe to stop in that area because of the high strangeness in the area. They high-tailed it back to their campground -- fortunately the truck driver wasn't a psycho. Or he decided not to act on it. I think Linda Godfrey lives near the Kettle Moraine.

From a biological perspective, an upright canid doesn't make a lot of sense. Canids tend to walk upright only when there's some physical problem that makes being on all fours for long periods of time difficult for them, or briefly to look over vegetation blocking their view. Ditto for bears (which are the mammals most closely related to canids).
Most of the 'dogmen' reports Ive read about, they are not really describing a dog that can walk on 2 legs, most of them say they have the body of a muscular man (covered in hair though), just the head of a dog/wolf...although some of the older ones describe a regular dog/wolf, but walking on 2 legs.

Ive always wondered why the majority of these reports come from one specific area, that is odd to me, I think it adds credibility that there is some strange creatures out there, if it were purely hoaxes or even mis-IDs, we would see reports from probably every state in the country.

Maybe there is an old curse or something, that makes a normal man, morph into a 'dog/wolfman', we do know, there are not many of these, the ones spotted in WI, MI, in reality, it could be the same creature/man, just seen in different areas, at different times.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:41 AM

74,415 posts, read 66,052,690 times
Quote:
I

This kind of behavior over this much time does not suggest these are explorers from other planets, I think they have some connection to this planet or to us specifically, Im not 100% on this, but I am leaning towards them possibly being our true creators. I have no idea why we were created, it may be some reason we cannot comprehend.
Interesting. But if this is true, are they really going to sit back and watch, as we self-destruct? What would be the point of that? Of the whole "experiment"? Tell me, please, that at the last minute, they're reach out, and save us from ourselves. The clock is ticking.... The "last minute" is nigh.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Most of the 'dogmen' reports Ive read about, they are not really describing a dog that can walk on 2 legs, most of them say they have the body of a muscular man (covered in hair though), just the head of a dog/wolf...although some of the older ones describe a regular dog/wolf, but walking on 2 legs.
As I said, there are no living or fossil canids who were/are bipedal. However -- Dinopithecus was a giant baboon that was the right size for the sightings, and modern species of baboon occasionally walk upright (but it's not their preferred method of locomotion). Its fossils have been found in Ethiopia and date to the Pliocene (2.6 to 5.3 million years ago).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naturewasme...y_have_preyed/

Not a creature I would care to run into -- and I don't think the dogmen sightings are of a dinopithecus -- but it does show that there is a precedent for human sized dog-headed primates in the fossil record.

Quote:
Ive always wondered why the majority of these reports come from one specific area, that is odd to me, I think it adds credibility that there is some strange creatures out there, if it were purely hoaxes or even mis-IDs, we would see reports from probably every state in the country.
Or, people in WI/MI read the stories, and are primed to interpret something they can't identify as a dogman.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting. But if this is true, are they really going to sit back and watch, as we self-destruct? What would be the point of that? Of the whole "experiment"? Tell me, please, that at the last minute, they're reach out, and save us from ourselves. The clock is ticking.... The "last minute" is nigh.
Like I said, the reason probably would not make any sense to us, there is no guarantee they would reach out to save us if we came close to the end either, we would be on the same level as lab rats or an ant colony.

There have been a few occasions when UFOs have caused missile silos to be disarmed temporarily.

There are just personal opinions though, However, I do have a feeling, that if we ever do learn the truth about them, their nature, etc, more than likely, most of our theories about them, will be totally wrong.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:49 PM

122 posts, read 20,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes 4 woo View Post
Well, their behavior over the centuries or longer does not at all eliminate them from being from some other planet, at least, not in my opinion.

I have a theory. If you believe that ET's exist at all, then you have to accept that they have existed, in some cases, for billions of years because the same conditions of the universe now existed billions of years ago. It's only the natural egotism of man to think that we are on the cutting edge of all things living in the universe.

And as I have mentioned in another post, I believe that the beings that are here lost their home planet long ago and they are to be considered permanent residents of this planet.

Needless to say, that is opinion.
There is not just one race of alien.

It wouldbe consistent with Christianity, (and even Judaism! As the story of creation is found in the old testament) that aliens are either Demons or, possibly, a race of people talked about in Genesis that gradually just disappeared. Angels do not die. Neither do demons.

Then there are Annunaki..

Old 01-02-2019, 03:42 AM

3,776 posts, read 1,369,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes 4 woo View Post
I can't understand why people can't cope with the idea that advanced civilizations could find a way to get to other worlds. "Where's there's a will, there's a way". Intelligent beings always strive to learn new phenomena and advance themselves. If humans were around for billions of years, we'd be where the ET's are, I'm sure.

If you look at the number of earth twins found by the Kepler scope before it went defunct v. the number of stars it had looked at (150,000) and project that amount into the galaxy, that would yield some 1.2 billion earth twins in our own galaxy. And there's another trillion galaxies to consider.

<grin> Don't mean to scare y'all but I'm pretty sure we're not alone.
That’s quite a large number of planets and possibilities.

So it’s possible that there are planets that are younger than us and dinosaurs roam free there?
And some day, we will visit them and we will be called “The Aliens” by the local population of early humans?

Old 01-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That’s quite a large number of planets and possibilities.

So it’s possible that there are planets that are younger than us and dinosaurs roam free there?
And some day, we will visit them and we will be called “The Aliens” by the local population of early humans?
Or civilizations that are still in the stone age, will view us as 'sky gods' and begin to worship us, technology we have, will seem like magic to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or