U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM

623 posts, read 529,240 times

Advertisements

www.ufoinquiry.blogspot.com/2018/11/expert-input-statement-christmas.html

An overwhelming amount of data for UFO researchers.
Vintage magazines and newsletters as well as those
published less than 15 years ago. They even have a
newsletter for cattle mutilations. A mother lode.

Happy Holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 10:58 AM

3,094 posts, read 3,311,731 times
Thank you! I intend to enjoy looking at this!

Old 12-09-2018, 11:11 AM

2,550 posts, read 1,118,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
www.ufoinquiry.blogspot.com/2018/11/expert-input-statement-christmas.html

An overwhelming amount of data for UFO researchers.
Vintage magazines and newsletters as well as those
published less than 15 years ago. They even have a
newsletter for cattle mutilations. A mother lode.

Happy Holidays!
I checked out the link, and the guy has done a lot of work, with some of the US publications going back many years. I barely scratched the surface. I don't necessarily "believe in" UFOs (meaning vehicles from other planets) but I like to read about them and find the subject intriguing.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:00 AM

11 posts, read 2,736 times
I can't understand why people can't cope with the idea that advanced civilizations could find a way to get to other worlds. "Where's there's a will, there's a way". Intelligent beings always strive to learn new phenomena and advance themselves. If humans were around for billions of years, we'd be where the ET's are, I'm sure.

If you look at the number of earth twins found by the Kepler scope before it went defunct v. the number of stars it had looked at (150,000) and project that amount into the galaxy, that would yield some 1.2 billion earth twins in our own galaxy. And there's another trillion galaxies to consider.

<grin> Don't mean to scare y'all but I'm pretty sure we're not alone.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:14 PM

7,514 posts, read 1,856,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes 4 woo View Post
I can't understand why people can't cope with the idea that advanced civilizations could find a way to get to other worlds. "Where's there's a will, there's a way". Intelligent beings always strive to learn new phenomena and advance themselves. If humans were around for billions of years, we'd be where the ET's are, I'm sure.

If you look at the number of earth twins found by the Kepler scope before it went defunct v. the number of stars it had looked at (150,000) and project that amount into the galaxy, that would yield some 1.2 billion earth twins in our own galaxy. And there's another trillion galaxies to consider.

<grin> Don't mean to scare y'all but I'm pretty sure we're not alone.
I do not believe UFOs/aliens are as easily defined as just, 'beings from somewhere else'.

I think 'what they are' really goes much deeper and maybe darker than we think.

Its very interesting to read thru the VERY old reports, Im talking about hundreds and even 1000s of years ago, they were not referred to as 'UFOs' back then, but reading thru their descriptions of what they were seeing...it became clear, these are the same things people report seeing today, same shapes, same behavior, same maneuvers/capabilities, etc.

This kind of behavior over this much time does not suggest these are explorers from other planets, I think they have some connection to this planet or to us specifically, Im not 100% on this, but I am leaning towards them possibly being our true creators. I have no idea why we were created, it may be some reason we cannot comprehend.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 10 days ago)

4,180 posts, read 3,384,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This kind of behavior over this much time does not suggest these are explorers from other planets, I think they have some connection to this planet or to us specifically, Im not 100% on this, but I am leaning towards them possibly being our true creators. I have no idea why we were created, it may be some reason we cannot comprehend.
In Passport to Magonia, Jacques Vallee pointed out that the fairy folk in old stories were said to give people buckwheat cakes for some inexplicable reason, and there are 19th and 20th century close encounter stories that involve the gifting of pancakes. There was a classic case of an "airship" dropping anchor in the 1890s and giving a farmer pancakes, and in 1961 Joe Simonton was given pancakes by the crew of a silver ship that he described as looking like "Italians". All the foods gifted in these stories are described as tasteless. Why?

So the brilliant aliens who came here to "create" us keep coming back over vast distances and many millenia to give us their crappy cooking. Sorry, I don't buy it. Whatever the reality behind all these reports, I don't think it's alien flesh and blood beings involved. I think you're onto something when you suggest it's something much deeper and darker than we think.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:58 PM

11 posts, read 2,736 times
Quote:
I do not believe UFOs/aliens are as easily defined as just, 'beings from somewhere else'.

I think 'what they are' really goes much deeper and maybe darker than we think.

Its very interesting to read thru the VERY old reports, Im talking about hundreds and even 1000s of years ago, they were not referred to as 'UFOs' back then, but reading thru their descriptions of what they were seeing...it became clear, these are the same things people report seeing today, same shapes, same behavior, same maneuvers/capabilities, etc.

Well, their behavior over the centuries or longer does not at all eliminate them from being from some other planet, at least, not in my opinion.

I have a theory. If you believe that ET's exist at all, then you have to accept that they have existed, in some cases, for billions of years because the same conditions of the universe now existed billions of years ago. It's only the natural egotism of man to think that we are on the cutting edge of all things living in the universe.

And as I have mentioned in another post, I believe that the beings that are here lost their home planet long ago and they are to be considered permanent residents of this planet.

Needless to say, that is opinion.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
In Passport to Magonia, Jacques Vallee pointed out that the fairy folk in old stories were said to give people buckwheat cakes for some inexplicable reason, and there are 19th and 20th century close encounter stories that involve the gifting of pancakes. There was a classic case of an "airship" dropping anchor in the 1890s and giving a farmer pancakes, and in 1961 Joe Simonton was given pancakes by the crew of a silver ship that he described as looking like "Italians". All the foods gifted in these stories are described as tasteless. Why?

So the brilliant aliens who came here to "create" us keep coming back over vast distances and many millenia to give us their crappy cooking. Sorry, I don't buy it. Whatever the reality behind all these reports, I don't think it's alien flesh and blood beings involved. I think you're onto something when you suggest it's something much deeper and darker than we think.
Yes, Ive read many older UFO reports like the one you mentioned, some are very bizarre, many of them involved craft landing and interaction with the occupants.

There was a few in particular that were really odd, one from Germany in the 30s, a strange craft landed, apparently lots of people in the city saw it land, and they claimed the occupants worse silver jumpsuits, had the bodies of a human, but the head of a dog, they said the occupants tooled around for a short time and then boarded the craft and took off, and people in the city just went about their day!

Im not sure what to make of these older reports, its easy to brush them off, but times were different in those days, there were no advanced aircraft, and 'aliens/ufos' were not popular like they are today, so who knows?!!

Its hard to tell why alien visitors would gift tasteless food or anything else, but then again, its probable their motives or intentions would not make any sense to us, I doubt we could comprehend any of it.

When I said they are deeper and darker, Im not necessarily saying I think they are religious-related (demons), I just think there is 'something' about the whole thing, that is much closer to home, like maybe these beings have always been here, maybe they live in some part of the world that is unknown or inaccessible to us or something else entirely. Im not 100% on them being our creators, mainly because something would have had to create them too, and so on and so on.

I do think though, THAT may be one reason, govt maintains this secret over such a long time, there is just no way to explain them in a way the public would understand and/ or not become frightened...in relation to some subjects....its JUST better NOT knowing.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 10 days ago)

4,180 posts, read 3,384,083 times
Quote:
There was a few in particular that were really odd, one from Germany in the 30s, a strange craft landed, apparently lots of people in the city saw it land, and they claimed the occupants worse silver jumpsuits, had the bodies of a human, but the head of a dog, they said the occupants tooled around for a short time and then boarded the craft and took off, and people in the city just went about their day!
That brings to mind legends surrounding the cynocephali (dog headed men). One legend has it that St. Christopher was a member of a tribe of cynocephali - many icons of St Christopher depict him with the head of a dog.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/...og-headed-men/

Quote:
When I said they are deeper and darker, Im not necessarily saying I think they are religious-related (demons), I just think there is 'something' about the whole thing, that is much closer to home, like maybe these beings have always been here, maybe they live in some part of the world that is unknown or inaccessible to us or something else entirely. Im not 100% on them being our creators, mainly because something would have had to create them too, and so on and so on.
19th century encounters are particularly interesting, I think -- descriptions tend to describe vehicles and inhabitants that meet the observer's expectations of technology and the inhabitants of an "airship" at the time. As Valee points out, that suggests some part of the experience originates in the mind of the observer, though other aspects seem to point to a certain physicality involved. A kind of projection, perhaps, with psychological elements (I seem to recall Valee saying the same thing but it's been many years since I read his books).

It's striking that so many reports describe vehicles moving off at impossible speeds, suddenly disappearing, or making right-angled turns (I saw a light in the sky do that when I was a high-school astronomy buff). The silence of these events suggests air is not being displaced by the objects - which means they're not physical objects that obey the laws of physics. Perhaps it's ornery teenagers in the eighth dimension tormenting their human pets with their equivalent of a laser pointer.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
That brings to mind legends surrounding the cynocephali (dog headed men). One legend has it that St. Christopher was a member of a tribe of cynocephali - many icons of St Christopher depict him with the head of a dog.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/...og-headed-men/

19th century encounters are particularly interesting, I think -- descriptions tend to describe vehicles and inhabitants that meet the observer's expectations of technology and the inhabitants of an "airship" at the time. As Valee points out, that suggests some part of the experience originates in the mind of the observer, though other aspects seem to point to a certain physicality involved. A kind of projection, perhaps, with psychological elements (I seem to recall Valee saying the same thing but it's been many years since I read his books).

It's striking that so many reports describe vehicles moving off at impossible speeds, suddenly disappearing, or making right-angled turns (I saw a light in the sky do that when I was a high-school astronomy buff). The silence of these events suggests air is not being displaced by the objects - which means they're not physical objects that obey the laws of physics. Perhaps it's ornery teenagers in the eighth dimension tormenting their human pets with their equivalent of a laser pointer.
I remember reading about a historical place, where all the people had heads of dogs, they wore clothes, had their own language, engaged in commerce, etc.

Seems like a few early explorers encountered these people, and made remarks about them, I will try to find the piece I read about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or