U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 02:31 AM

5,046 posts, read 2,345,471 times

Advertisements

Just curious as to why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 12:02 PM

11,573 posts, read 19,708,476 times
There has to be a number of active and old threads to put into it, and apparently they haven’t felt the need.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:33 PM

3,024 posts, read 777,588 times
You should start one. My wife would probably check it out.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 4 days ago)

4,141 posts, read 3,373,432 times
As a retired software professional -- Many applications have been moving away from things like folders and forums in recent years, and moving toward tagging which means you could apply the tag "astrology" to a post and it would show up when you clicked "astrology" in a list of tags. There are many special interests in this forum (ghosts, cryptids, bigfoot, ufos, astrology, etc) and making subgroups for all of them would fragment the forum. Multiple tags can be applied to a post, on the other hand, providing search flexibility. City-Data was developed with forum software called vBulletin (how do I know? I read this page's source code. ); for whatever reason, it appears the administrators decided not to enable thread tagging. It might be more feasible to request the admins activate the thread tagging feature than to get them to create a bunch of subforums. See:

https://www.vbulletin.cvom/docs/html...ons_group_tags

I don't know how amenable the admins would be to adding this option - they may want to avoid making things more complicated for people (vBulletin is a powerful forum package). A workaround in the absence of tagging or a special subforum: Remind everyone who's interested in Astrology to start their thread titles with the word "Astrology". That way they will show up in a search. You can save your advanced search preferences, and next time you advanced search the forums you'll get your same preferences.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:49 AM

16,668 posts, read 20,342,741 times
I believe the statistics worldwide show only 5% of the world population sees any value to Astrology and I'm sure the percentage in the U.S. is a lot lower than that. I've been steeped in Astrology for 30-40 years and if they should, one day, create an Astrology Forum it should have lots of subdivision to it, one subdivision in particular: Relationships and Synastry.

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM

224 posts, read 143,011 times
I think there should be one. But I go here often astro.com

Old Today, 10:08 AM

2,011 posts, read 727,535 times
The question reminds me of the time a few yrs ago when I was waiting in line at the grocery store and picked up a copy of The Natl Enquirer to page thru as I waited...I came across a full page ad announcing the "Nth Annual Convention of Seers, Psychics & Fortune Tellers."....I thought to myself, "Self, why do they need to announce it in the papers? Shouldn't all those guys just KNOW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or