U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:24 AM

9,589 posts, read 2,438,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
I dated a Satanist once...interesting non-religion. She seemed like your every day, all-American girl. I noticed she'd sometimes wear a ring with a pentagram on it. I figured she was wicca, so I inquired about it. She told me she was a Satanist...totally took me by surprise. I thought, "Just when I thought nothing could shock me anymore....OK, now I've seen everything." I do admit, the revelation twisted my stomach a bit. "But still," I thought, "she's so cute, and she seems so decent!" Curiosity got the best of me, and I stuck around to see what made her tick, all the little gears turning inside that brain of hers. I concluded that her flavor of Satanism is a form of atheism where they acknowledge there is no god, just us lonely folks here on earth. There's another flavor of Satanism that's positioned as more of an anti-Christian cult where they do devil worship, blood sacrifices, etc. From what I've learned, the atheist Satanism is the one that calls itself a religion and does quirky things like adopt a highway or put up Satanist statues as a form of protesting the non-separation of church and state. To atheist eyes, this American government is too closely aligned with Christianity, and Satanists use the guise of religious freedom to disrupt that alignment.

So what happened to the girl? We got into a discussion regarding violence. Satanism Commandments (the same atheist one) say it's OK to destroy someone. I thought, "This world is so beautiful. Why is there a need to destroy anything?" Call me a pacifist, but that is my outlook. So I asked her, "So would you destroy someone? I didn't take you for the violent type." She went into this tirade, telling me she would destroy someone if they deserved it, that she can be vicious and violent. That's all I needed to hear before I broke up with her. Like I said; I'm a pacifist.
There are a few different types of 'satanists', many are like the girl you described, mostly atheist, another common one is the rebellious youth, trying to offend and outrage, these are the young teenagers who wear 'Slayer' tshirts, dress in black, etc, etc. (they are really just trying to be noticed).

The type that interests me the most, are the 'satanists' you would never think that is what they are, they are professionals, wear nice clothes, live in nice houses, appear to be normal average people, but they believe in a literal satan, a supernatural being, the fallen angel, 2nd to God. Its this type that are involved with Bohemian Grove, and they hope to bring the literal satan into this physical world of ours. I know one woman like this, she is a director of operations for a nationwide restaurant chain, I actually grew up with her and partied with her when I was in my late teens, shes into some truly dark stuff, but you would never know that upon meeting or seeing her in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 12:37 PM

9,069 posts, read 7,094,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
I dated a Satanist once...interesting non-religion. She seemed like your every day, all-American girl. I noticed she'd sometimes wear a ring with a pentagram on it. I figured she was wicca, so I inquired about it. She told me she was a Satanist...totally took me by surprise. I thought, "Just when I thought nothing could shock me anymore....OK, now I've seen everything." I do admit, the revelation twisted my stomach a bit. "But still," I thought, "she's so cute, and she seems so decent!" Curiosity got the best of me, and I stuck around to see what made her tick, all the little gears turning inside that brain of hers. I concluded that her flavor of Satanism is a form of atheism where they acknowledge there is no god, just us lonely folks here on earth. There's another flavor of Satanism that's positioned as more of an anti-Christian cult where they do devil worship, blood sacrifices, etc. From what I've learned, the atheist Satanism is the one that calls itself a religion and does quirky things like adopt a highway or put up Satanist statues as a form of protesting the non-separation of church and state. To atheist eyes, this American government is too closely aligned with Christianity, and Satanists use the guise of religious freedom to disrupt that alignment.

So what happened to the girl? We got into a discussion regarding violence. Satanism Commandments (the same atheist one) say it's OK to destroy someone. I thought, "This world is so beautiful. Why is there a need to destroy anything?" Call me a pacifist, but that is my outlook. So I asked her, "So would you destroy someone? I didn't take you for the violent type." She went into this tirade, telling me she would destroy someone if they deserved it, that she can be vicious and violent. That's all I needed to hear before I broke up with her. Like I said; I'm a pacifist.
I've never heard of an atheist say it's okay to destroy someone. Most of us are humanistic atheists who believe in trying to leave the world a better place for our children.

I've also never heard of an atheistic satanist. The only reason satan exists is as a counter against god/jesus. If there is no god/jesus, then there is no reason to believe in an opposite/opposing force.

I don't study all the different factions, but it sounds to me as though you got hooked up with a girl who made up her own religion with her own personal rules and labelled it satanism.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:48 PM

5,540 posts, read 4,681,926 times
Atheism is not Satanism, and vice-versa. Since the Bible states that Satan was initially one of God's angels, for Satan to exist, one must accept that God exists, which atheists do not believe. Therefore, Snapple's lady friend was just a loony-toon making stuff up as she went along.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:56 PM

9,557 posts, read 3,750,488 times
The pictures are so unclear - what IS it? Looks like a cartoon man holding a very large construction helmet.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM

975 posts, read 436,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Satanism has morals? LOL

Have you ever heard of Bohemian Grove and some of the stuff that goes on there?!
Not interested in your Grove. i am interested in morals which is something Satanism has

Old Today, 09:54 AM

9,589 posts, read 2,438,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Not interested in your Grove. i am interested in morals which is something Satanism has
I dont understand what you are saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal